The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only took two years for someone to notice that.

Vorposten said:
Will you focus the infantry on one regiment (like 2nd Eastprussian IR Nr 3) with the different classes Musketeer, grenadier and Füsilier(light inf) or do you mix the troops, like Silesian Grenadier Bat., Westprussian Füsiliers and Pommerian Musketeers (as examples) or do you do a mix of both, e.g. a Silesian Regiment and the Leibregiment, both with Musketeers, Füsiliers and grenadiers?

The Musketeers, Fusiliers and Grenadiers all come from the same regiment. I don't remember which regiment it is, though.

Captured Joe said:
Also, am I right to presume the Chevauxleger troopers didn't have sashes?

Not the troopers.

Ililsa said:
Are those rosettes at their hips or is it just a particular way they tied their sashes?

Some artists show it as the way the sash is tied, but some clearly show it a as a separate thing with a button in the middle. So, who knows?

Rowaan said:
In another post you posted a few pictures of some Russian flags and said that flag bearers will be recruitable, will we be able to recruit ensigns/equivalent with seperate colours instead of one man that has a random colour (like what TotSK does), for example: '42nd Black Watch Kings colour bearer' and '42nd Black Watch Regimental colour bearer'?

That's right.

11sparky11 said:
Ahhh, back in the day when we didn't have a whole load of randomers, just the core group of followers. Those were the days.

Well, easy kills when L'Aigle MP comes out.

I guess I missed the flags when they were shown. Beautiful work.

Speaking of what Rowan said, does that mean that you will also be able to recruit lesser officers as well. Cause when I look back at the pictures I always see an officer commanding a line. Is that meant to be you 'the player' or can you recruit no name officers (e.g. Dragoon officer) from military depots? or will have to find companions in taverns, dress them up and call them officers.

Most likely, yes. NW's never really going to completely run out of players. Of course NW players will play this mod, as its a singleplayer counterpart (context-wise) of about the same magnitude as NW was, but it's silly to think that this mod will replace the DLC completely.

I wonder, in the case an ensign dies and drops the colours, will we be able to grab them and at least store them in our inventory, thus not dishonouring our regiments?

And in the case our colours are captured, will our party get a morale drop or something?

There was a post about this some time ago.
I think that after the battle you can pick them up or something, if I recall correctly.

roboWarrior001 said:
Speaking of what Rowan said, does that mean that you will also be able to recruit lesser officers as well. Cause when I look back at the pictures I always see an officer commanding a line. Is that meant to be you 'the player' or can you recruit no name officers (e.g. Dragoon officer) from military depots? or will have to find companions in taverns, dress them up and call them officers.

I believe you can because if you look at the pictures of the 95th rifles firing a volley you can see a Sergeant standing next to the Officer.

This is the one i meant:
laiglescreenshot4.jpg

I have a question : How will the troop menu look in Multiplayer? Will it be like Native Warband where you have to buy gear or like in Napoleonic Wars where units are already geared up?

I always sort of thought this had greater prospects of DLC written on it than NW. But NW did seem cool when the advert was released.

Get used to it kiddies. NW is set in the same era and is on the same engine and you are bound to always have people asking or talking about it in general with this mod. No publicity is bad publicity.

It was going to happen especially since multiplayer has become a feature and people who played or burnt out over NW will gravitate towards this. So man up and get used to it or don't read the thread.

Vicccard said:
How about we just freeze this discussion until L'aigle is out?

Well seeing as every regiment in NW is actually curious and eagerly awaiting l'aigle I wouldn't be surprised about these discussions and they will last until the mod is released. A huge chunk of the community, not only in NW but others also await this mod (No pressure Docm! xD), I see it as the next improvement to NW as mm was to battlegrounds.

Personally as soon as I get a sniff of the release date I will be counting down the days  :smile:

Asking again:

Surial said:
As you'll get used to the uniform sexyness after a while, will there be any immersion stuff, like new quests, easter eggs, hidden chests and so on? What things can we do when currently not warring as a player?

NFSelephants said:
roboWarrior001 said:

I believe you can because if you look at the pictures of the 95th rifles firing a volley you can see a Sergeant standing next to the Officer.

This is the one i meant:
laiglescreenshot4.jpg
Ah, you are quite right. Thank you, I didn't notice that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom