The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2mmie6g.jpg

This has probably been mentioned, but I just finished reading The Diary of a Napoleonic Foot Soldier, by Jakob Walter,
a stonemason from Württemberg, and his experiences in 1806, 1809 and finally 1812 in the Grande Armeé.

It's one of the only known descriptions of the wars by a common footsoldier.
It's both funny at times and harrowing to read about the march towards Moscow and the horrible retreat.

Highly recommended, and not without inspiration for the mod  :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakob_Walter
(In the article a Joseph Abbeel is also mentioned. Has anyone read his diary?)

This is probably too early to show, and it's just a test scene, but here's a little look at some of the interior work I've been doing lately. This is some middle-class stuff, so not exactly rubbish, but certainly not what you'll see in palaces.

drawingroom.jpg

drawingroom2.jpg

The game's awful lighting isn't exactly helping, but there's nothing that I can do about that. I haven't made a proper ceiling yet, either, so ignore that one.

are you going to create the internall of some great places like versailles?
you are a madman docm to have managed this all by your own in texturing and animation :grin:

pod455 said:
Were the rooms really that tall? Those soldiers look like migets!

That's quite a low ceiling by 18th century standards.

zois said:
are you going to create the internall of some great places like versailles?
you are a madman docm to have managed this all by your own in texturing and animation :grin:

At some point I hope to undertake the huge job of making a part of the Tuileries. Maybe let you walk around the Place du Carrousel. I have done considerable research on what the Tuileries and Louvre looked like in 1809, it'd be nice to use it.

Nice, can't wait to go kick up the obligatory fuss at horse guards now. Though I assume cities will just have generic buildongs with some small variation.

The excesses of people who paid for buildings like that are almost as amazing as the buildings themselves.

On a similar note, will players be able to own estates as they had castles and villages in native?

Ililsa said:
On a similar note, will players be able to own estates as they had castles and villages in native?
Would be pretty cool to have a place where you could plan overthrowing the current ruler.

A tavern would be pretty neat to own.

In normal warband and any other mod i've seen you can kick NPC's in buildings and villages and they don't care!
Are you going to do anything about this Docm?

Docm30 said:
This is probably too early to show, and it's just a test scene, but here's a little look at some of the interior work I've been doing lately. This is some middle-class stuff, so not exactly rubbish, but certainly not what you'll see in palaces.

drawingroom.jpg

drawingroom2.jpg

The game's awful lighting isn't exactly helping, but there's nothing that I can do about that. I haven't made a proper ceiling yet, either, so ignore that one.
wait... no indoor plants? :lol:
kickass stuff you got there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom