The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Landgraft said:
Eh? Prussian anthem was 'Borussia'.

"Borussia" was written in 1820, replaced in 1840 by "das Preußenlied" ('Ich bin ein Preuße...') and then that was quasi-replaced by "Heil Dir im Siegerkranz" which was already in use as early as 1813 as an folk anthem. It's all unofficial though. "Heil Dir im Siegerkranz" survived to become the German Empire's royal and imperial anthem but with 'König' changed to 'Kaiser'.

Landgraft said:

And if that's a version of it then it's not one that I'm hearing (with my not-deaf-at-all earlugs).
Haha, that was the goofiest sounding song I've ever heard. What kind of national anthem doesn't have a minor-key section, anyway? no wonder nobody respected the Prussians.

That's because it's a march with no melodic connection to the anthem.

http://www.musicaneo.com/de/sheetmusic/sm-5074_borussia.html

Don't bother checking on Youtube, all you'll find are football videos.

Bluehawk said:
Landgraft said:

"Borussia" was replaced in 1840 by "das Preußenlied" ('Ich bin ein Preuße...') and then that was quasi-replaced by "Heil Dir im Siegerkranz" which was already in use as early as 1813 as an folk anthem. It's all unofficial though. "Heil Dir im Siegerkranz" survived to become the German Empire's royal and imperial anthem but with 'König' changed to 'Kaiser'.

Well yes, but for the period we're looking at the anthem would still be Borussia. No need to bring me up to speed on the music of mid/late 19th Century Germany, I've already wasted those hours.

There's a good reason why Battle Cry of Freedom receives so much attention, the mod "North&South" for NW, has been very succesfull, and since BCoF will be made by the same devs (mostly), It's understandable people talk alot about it, yet you are right.. I've heard the game will not be out until 2014 or so.. no real reason to jump for joy.

Landgraft said:
Surial said:
Docm30 said:
It's a rip off of God Save the Queen, anyway.

I assure you, that the Prussian anthem was an even worse ripoff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUuFcsdo1Fs

I cant hear GStQ in the German anthem, nor the Austro-Hungarian one anyway  :???:

And if that's a version of it then it's not one that I'm hearing (with my not-deaf-at-all earlugs).

Pffff, I didn't say that the anthem I posted was the current one in the mod period  :razz:

Now, back to the mod I suppose.

William S. Donovan said:
There's a good reason why Battle Cry of Freedom receives so much attention, the mod "North&South" for NW, has been very succesfull, and since BCoF will be made by the same devs (mostly), It's understandable people talk alot about it, yet you are right.. I've heard the game will not be out until 2014 or so.. no real reason to jump for joy.

I'm pretty sure N&S is made by Hinkel and a seperate team of guys who've done the Empire and Napoleon Total War mods and BOCF is done by the same four FSE guys with some community help.

Also, when are the Mod Of The Year results dropping?

The voting has definitely closed and there's a 'top 100 section', but I'm not particularly sure where the proper rankings are.

Cossanta, it's getting to be soon to the time of year you climb down my chimney and put coal in my stocking. I would like to ask you not to get stuck in the chimney again this year, unlike last year.
:razz:

Cossanta's more likely to throw up into your stocking after raiding your liquor cabinet, pillaging your fridge and making off with your presents (and/or women). He may or may not get stuck in your chimney again, depending on how much rapine and plundering he's done before reaching it.

He may also remove your head if he's displeased with the Kapusniak you leave out for him.

Docm30 said:
Cossanta's more likely to throw up into your stocking after raiding your liquor cabinet, pillaging your fridge and making off with your presents (and/or women). He may or may not get stuck in your chimney again, depending on how much rapine and plundering he's done before reaching it.

He may also remove your head if he's displeased with the Kapusniak you leave out for him.

Eh, he did all of that too last year. If I leave out solid vodka cookies for him, will he give me a nice present?

Docm30 said:

I could make a joke here but I think the admins would have to lock the thread if I did.

So instead I'll just say.
I'm starting to wish my second choice in the poll had been Rhine States instead of Prussia. Not that it matters.

god when this comes out I will officially quit life and become a professional Napoleonic vidja game officer....

again.

Docm, you have earned my official

W5Yjl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom