The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omega_007 said:
Docm30 said:
All lancers have sabres in addition to their lances due to a bit of code I've got. They also use the correct weapons in the correct situation because of a fix in PBOD.

Is the code all in items.txt or troops, or scripts?

PBOD?

PBOD: Pre Battle Orders and Deployment, by Caba ' Drin if I'm not mistaken.

Epicrules said:
Omega_007 said:
Docm30 said:
All lancers have sabres in addition to their lances due to a bit of code I've got. They also use the correct weapons in the correct situation because of a fix in PBOD.

PBOD?

PBOD: Pre Battle Orders and Deployment, by Caba ' Drin if I'm not mistaken.

Yep, it is.

While I recognise that duels aren't currently in this mod (as per the discussion just recently) all this talk of Napoleonic era "tournaments" has me posting this delightful video.

In other more question-based news, what sort of officers are we going to see represented? We've seen some footage of a conversation with Napoleon, but presumably we don't be seeing dear old Kaiser Franz out to avenge his loss of the 'Doppnelkaiser' title. How will head of faction/marshal work? Will it only be big generals, or some lower rankers that were distinct personalities as well?

Might I ask what other Highland regiments other than the Black watch are in the game,and if your feeling especially generous then some pictures would be capital!

Landgraft said:
While I recognise that duels aren't currently in this mod (as per the discussion just recently) all this talk of Napoleonic era "tournaments" has me posting this delightful video.

In other more question-based news, what sort of officers are we going to see represented? We've seen some footage of a conversation with Napoleon, but presumably we don't be seeing dear old Kaiser Franz out to avenge his loss of the 'Doppnelkaiser' title. How will head of faction/marshal work? Will it only be big generals, or some lower rankers that were distinct personalities as well?

That really was delightful video, I can see how it won all those awards. Bookmarking it now. :smile:

Clonealex said:
I do believe some hundred posts or so ago he had some pictures with a boxing ring-like area for the new tournaments, gunna see if i can dig em up.

Edit: Found em, and more like 250 pages back.

Docm30 said:
Metontour said:
When can we see screens from the Austrian Infantry?
I thought there were some in the OP, but they were really old and I may have gotten rid of them when I redid the post.

Also, here's something I've been working on; an illegal prizefight taking place in a warehouse. These replace the arena melee fights, but instead of trying to pummel as many men at once as you can, you will have 1-on-1 fights, the more of which you win, the better the rewards and tougher the opponents.

prizefight.jpg

Remember that scene is a heavy work-in-progress.

Very nice, thanks for digging that up.

Bluehawk said:
"You're also the only double-emperor in history to lose an entire empire in a year."

Your relationship with Kaiser Franz II has deteriorated from 5 to -15.

Lmao :wink: :wink:

Anyways, when are you gonna make dat Russian Hussar? =D

Omega_007 said:
The code is in both 'module_scripts' and 'module_mission_templates'. I didn't the write code and I'll be damned if I didn't forget who did, so I can't share it until I can credit the creator.

Leberecht Reinhold said:
Will you change the random scenes?
I've removed them entirely.

Landgraft said:
How will head of faction/marshal work? Will it only be big generals, or some lower rankers that were distinct personalities as well?
I haven't decided on exactly how everything will work yet, but for now it's the default system. As for generals in the mod, there's a mix of both famous and not so famous. Everything from Wellesley to van Zoudtlandt to de Caffarelli.

James Grant said:
Might I ask what other Highland regiments other than the Black watch are in the game...
Just the ol' 42nd for now.

Agovic said:
Anyways, when are you gonna make dat Russian Hussar? =D
God, do I not want to make anymore freakin' hussars. Why'd all these bastards have to wear the exact same uniforms?

Anyway, two things. First I've gone and made a few faction specific signature images for anyone that wants them. Getting a bit tired of those old, ugly signatures I made.

Second. Here are some more pistols for you.

This is all for now.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom