The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be really cool if you could add Freelancer to this so you can start as a recruit and move up through the ranks. something like recruit, private,corporal, sergeant, color sergeant.  Then maybe where freelancer makes you a minor lord this mod could make you an ensign, lieutenant, captain, colonel, Major, General (or however the rankings when back then).  But maybe make it require you to do something like lead the forlorn hope or capture an enemy standard before you could transfer to an officer.

Just my thoughts :grin:  I like the look of this mod.  Good luck

Good luck! And if I may suggest/make an offer to make a faction for the Kingdom of the Netherlands? I know faction suggestions are annoying and all but I could help. I could help with knowledge of the uniforms, modelling them wouldn't exactly be a problem their uniforms are very very similar to those of the British besides the coloring.

Jumpstyle said:
Good luck! And if I may suggest/make an offer to make a faction for the Kingdom of the Netherlands? I know faction suggestions are annoying and all but I could help. I could help with knowledge of the uniforms, modelling them wouldn't exactly be a problem their uniforms are very very similar to those of the British besides the coloring.
The Kingdom of the Netherlands may have worn uniforms similar to the British, but in 1809 (the year the mod is set) the Kingdom of Holland wore uniforms that didn't resemble either the British or the French (though it was a French puppet-state ruled by Napoleon's brother Louis) meaning they'll need to be done from scratch, so it may be awhile before I have some screens of the Dutch.

If anyone wants to suggest a faction, remember this: if it was located in Europe and existed in 1809, odds are it will be represented in the mod in some form (except for the smallest factions---the Free-City of Danzig, for example). I'll try to get a faction list on the OP soon.

i gave you some info for the ottomans, some post before, but yeah,
faction could be US? :3 asfar they didn't do much they where in the first part of the war. 

then you got the polish, spanish, portugueese, zweden, swiss confederation, hanover the papal states,

and lot's more, :wink:

gokiller said:
i gave you some info for the ottomans, some post before, but yeah,
faction could be US? :3 asfar they didn't do much they where in the first part of the war. 

then you got the polish, spanish, portugueese, zweden, swiss confederation, hanover the papal states,

and lot's more, :wink:
Yeah, I forgot to thank you for the Ottoman info.

And all of those factions will hopefully be included at some point, except for Hannover and the Papal States, both of which were part of France in 1809.

some pictures of troops/uniforms for some nations, it might make it easier to model :wink:

Danish/norwegian Troops
TRANS_dano-norwegian_troops_1802_-_13.gif

Swedish Uniforms
collection.gif

His Majesty's Fifth Regiment of Foot (Northumberlands) (British troops)
kgl.jpg

CUIRASSIERS
images

British artillery crew
uniforms_of_british_artillery.jpg

Russian Infantry Troops
1233459706.jpg

All Russian Inf troops (etc musicans)
images

Austrian Cavalry/Infantry
Austrian_cavalry.jpg

Austrian_1st_4th_5th_Hussar_Regiment.gif

Austrian_1st_2nd_3rd_Uhlan_Regiment.gif

Austrian_1st_5th_Cuirassier_Regiment.gif

Austrian_infantry.jpg

uniforms_of_austrian_infantry.jpg

Prussian troops
schutzen.jpg

landwehr_infanterie.jpg

Prussian_line_infantry.jpg

uniforms_of_prussian_infantry_1806.jpg

Prussian_infantry_1812_14.jpg

Prussian Reserve troops
Prussian_reserve_infantry_2.jpg

Hope this will help you a bit :wink:

The thread is almost at 100 replies already, so I reckon now is a good time for new screenshots.

This time they're of the Chasseurs à Cheval de la Garde Impériale; Napoleon's personal bodyguard, and some of the best cavalry in Europe.

Uniform
frenchchasseurcheval.jpg
Ingame
chasseur6.jpg

chasseur7.jpg

chasseur2.jpg

chasseur3.jpg

chasseur1.jpg

chasseur5.jpg

chasseur8.jpg

chasseur4.jpg

Until next time.

The uniforms are beautiful (Hats off to you mister!) and I applaud you on making them! However the pistols/carbines seem to look a bit fat... Might just be the angle or something, or me not really knowing how big the weapons should be, but yeah. Love the sideburns too! :wink:

Very cool!

I don't know much about this time period, but were there a lot of bandits running around? If not, what will fill up the map in their place? Deserters? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom