The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
themightytemplar said:
I hpe you will add a map of europe, even if it's in a later version of this fantastic mod.
Age of Blackpowder in better of Warband  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The mod already has a map of Europe  :cool:

Here's a view from the alps into Austria and the Carpathians
mapshotf.jpg

It maps covers Europe and small parts of Africa and Asia, from Iberia to the Caspian Sea.
homer_drool_702026_146.gif

oh please, dear new modelling god, don't make us spanish dog-faced, brown-sheep hair, and moustached.... these are the portuguese...

a great salute from your new fan.
one more thing.

unit petition.

it is declared historically that, to fight the french forces in the first war vs the revolucionary france, the government of the catalonian territories (under the power of the spanish government) formed a corpse of 20.000 volunteer men. they were famous, thought dissolved in the peace of basilea (1795).

they were reformed to fight the french forces in the naopelonic wars on both fronts. they will be a good troop for any of the french or spanish forces.  the french forces, thought, fled to the other side of the war after they were ordered to engage their own kind (and other reasons such homeland insurrections, etc..).

well, uniform colours are historical, roed details over blue coat.
this a recreation of a french miquelet.
b_coppens_959_50w.jpg

this is the spanish succession war  uniform . taken form a recreation group.
miquelets-dolesa1.jpg

just, well, if you like them, add them as...
a) spanish units
b) mercenaries recruitable in tavern
c) french units (thought loyalty is not very...  :mrgreen:)

Kmovies said:
oh please, dear new modelling god, don't make us spanish dog-faced, brown-sheep hair, and moustached.... these are the portuguese...

a great salute from your new fan.
one more thing.

unit petition.

it is declared historically that, to fight the french forces in the first war vs the revolucionary france, the government of the catalonian territories (under the power of the spanish government) formed a corpse of 20.000 volunteer men. they were famous, thought dissolved in the peace of basilea (1795).

they were reformed to fight the french forces in the naopelonic wars on both fronts. they will be a good troop for any of the french or spanish forces.  the french forces, thought, fled to the other side of the war after they were ordered to engage their own kind (and other reasons such homeland insurrections, etc..).

well, uniform colours are historical, roed details over blue coat.
this a recreation of a french miquelet.
b_coppens_959_50w.jpg

this is the spanish succession war  uniform . taken form a recreation group.
miquelets-dolesa1.jpg

just, well, if you like them, add them as...
a) spanish units
b) mercenaries recruitable in tavern
c) french units (thought loyalty is not very...  :mrgreen:)
Thanks for the info; it'll be useful when I start work on the Iberian front.

To the above posters, both the Kingdom of Holland and Denmark-Norway will be included at some point.

gokiller said:
hherlev said:
If your cool, you´ll include Denmark  :wink:

No need to, more important is the netherlands, or how it called by then, Holland :3

Though Dutch myself, I think they are equally important for Napoleon.

would love some pictures of dutch units. They were very like the French, except white instead of blue

this looks amazing is there a beta out yet . finally a napolionic age mod for warband that for once is single player thank you
keep up the good work

Docm30 said:
Rhudda Ar Clogyn Barfau said:
Some parts of Asia and Africa... Ottomans!?!?
I do plan on having Ottomans at some (distant) point---Russia needs someone besides Sweden to fight, afterall.

Glad to hear that. I'm not too much of an expert of 18th-19th century Ottoman military but if need be I can try and pass over anything viable for them. But judging from what you've done already I don't think you'd need any research help. :grin:

Sahran said:
Docm30 said:
Rhudda Ar Clogyn Barfau said:
Some parts of Asia and Africa... Ottomans!?!?
I do plan on having Ottomans at some (distant) point---Russia needs someone besides Sweden to fight, afterall.

Glad to hear that. I'm not too much of an expert of 18th-19th century Ottoman military but if need be I can try and pass over anything viable for them. But judging from what you've done already I don't think you'd need any research help. :grin:
As a matter of fact, my knowledge of the Ottoman army circa 1809 amounts to about nil. I could definitely use some information on the different troop types, organization of the army and the names of generals, aswell as some pictures of the uniforms. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Just some melee, guys
ottomanpreview.jpg

Inf/officers etc with guns
asakirimansurebefore183.jpg

konu0404-07x.JPG

Army commanders of the ottomans,

-Jezzar Pasha - Commander of the first army that had to invade French Egypt
-Mustafa Pasha - Commander of the second army that had to invade French Egypt.
-Jezzar - Defender of the fortress El-Arich against the French

Just a couple, couldn't find that much

I can imagine myself leading an army of many regiments to beat the french.
Firing a volley and closing in for some cold steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom