The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheOrest007 said:
I think it's a good idea to implement something like that though isn't it?

Sure, more idle stances could increase immersion somewhat. And they're pretty easy to make. And the game supports different animations for same actions.

TheOrest007 said:
Can anyone tell me what rifle regiments there actually were in the British army? Because I always keep hearing about the 95th or the 60th but was that it?

95th was a full rifle regiment, 60th's 5th Battalion used rifles while the others were line. I think some of the 7th used rifles also in conjunction with smoothbores, not 100% on that though.

All the other regiments in the army just used muskets

ClearlyInvisible said:
I think some of the 7th used rifles also in conjunction with smoothbores, not 100% on that though.

The light infantry of every battalion of the 60th (including the 7th) were armed with rifles. The centre companies of the 7th wore the uniform of the 5th, but were armed with smoothbores.

Certain hussar regiments were armed with rifles, as were the several volunteer rifle regiments. Select sharpshooters in the KGL battalions were also armed with German-made rifles.

zac said:
Love the rifleman :grin: Great Job :smile: cant wait , but what does the S /l\ G stand for?

Storekeeper General, whose office was responsible for the issue of camp equipment (including canteens and haversacks) from 1807 to 1817. We don't actually know how items were marked during that period (since none have survived) but as they were marked 'GR' before and 'BO' once the Board of Ordinance started issuing them it's highly plausible they were marked 'SG' during the relevant period.

koach2 said:
Is it just me or the shako's peak is a bit too long? Either that or my own shako's is too small...

Mine are accurate to the contemporary images I used for reference.

Docm30 said:
Anyway, here's a picture of a work-in-progress Star Fort.

starfort1.jpg
Why are there gaps between the battlements exact above at the angles? It makes no sense for the defenders, because the angle impedes straight shooting (from the bastions) to the moat and defenders can get easily hit by projektiles aiming behind the battlements and linearly to the curtain wall (without penetrating any battlements or walls). That is a weak point and would have been never executed.

Quick picture edit for better understanding what i mean:
wfb74ka9.jpg

They're there so the AI can shoot from the walls better. I tried it the other way and the defenders were useless. They obviously can't fire from the walls in the same way real people can (reaching over and around and what not).

I certainly don't want the defenders at a disadvantage.

Docm30 said:
Anyway, here are some rifleman in the snow.

95thinwinter.jpg

I suppose they are britsh forces. Great, so, where's the snow going to be? In Russia and some part of Eastern Europe or are there an event to place them in the map (or just in the battlefield)?

afdie said:
i hope the size is not so big cause my connection is too slow  :cry:

I wouldn't count on L'Aigle being a small mod.

However since the release is so anticipated I would be surprised if there weren't a lot of mirrors and a torrent.

nilloc93 said:
fighting in columns? what are you french?

The idea that the French favoured the column for attack is (mostly) a myth. It tended to happen a bit with the worse trained troops, so you had it happen sometimes (especially in the 1813 Befreiungskrieg), but for the vast majority of time they only used it as a form for maneuver.

There are even accounts of French troops in Spain forming in line before charging those red-coated cads.

Hello Doc! I was wondering, I had noticed previously you mentioned that if you capture enemy banners, such as regimental colors or national colors, you can bring to your monarch for a award or glory. What kind of rewards could we expect? Or will it simply be things like renown or honor? Also, how would you go about stealing an enemies banners?

Hey Docm! I'm not sure If this question has been asked already, (And if it has, I apologize) but how will the ai act in battle? Will they form line and column, or will they charge right at your army? I don't know a thing about modding  :???:, but is it possible to implement these features, or have they already been implemented?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom