The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 Degrees said:
Yeah I remember. I was the one who asked the question. He said "No." <- Exact word right there.

I have a feeling he was replying to the rockets only.

Docm30 said:
Bluehawk said:
What are the plans for artillery in the long run? ToTSK allows for three different gun calibres, all presently represented by the same 3D mesh, and performing nearly (possibly exactly, I'm not sure) the same. Will l'Aigle one day have multiple calibres? Will the mod also have different sets of calibres for each faction? If not cannons of different types, what of different gun classes altogether (cannon, howitzer, unicorn, mortar) with radical (even exaggerated) differences in performance for the sake of variety?
The plan is for the three choices to be guns, howitzers or mortars. Guns being the most accurate but having the smallest killing zone, mortars the opposite and howitzers in between.

Different types for each faction would be nice, but probably not that important for the time being.

Sir_Newton said:
Asked several times, popular/valid question. Did you try out Twilight of the Sun King? it uses those mechanics but docm is re-doing the textures according to period.

Great! Will need more depth into it though, as artillery during the Napoleonic Wars was way more advanced and deadly than it was in the early 18th century.

Captain Lannigan said:
Sir_Newton said:
Asked several times, popular/valid question. Did you try out Twilight of the Sun King? it uses those mechanics but docm is re-doing the textures according to period.

Great! Will need more depth into it though, as artillery during the Napoleonic Wars was way more advanced and deadly than it was in the early 18th century.
Well, it is a 100 year time span so... yeah. But on the other hand, the basic principles were still the same.

Captain Lannigan said:
Anyways, wut about the cannon mechanics in this mod? And will there be cannoneers/artillerymen as a unit, and can they actually move the cannon to the desired spot you ordered them to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRz77nRBdpc

TheOrest007 said:
Captain Lannigan said:
Anyways, wut about the cannon mechanics in this mod? And will there be cannoneers/artillerymen as a unit, and can they actually move the cannon to the desired spot you ordered them to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRz77nRBdpc

Hah! Nifty! The cannon animation is almost perfect! More than I ever expected actually  :grin:.

ElitexLegend said:
It would be awesome(in my opinion) if the companions were people like Richard Sharpe and the "Chosen Men" from the Sharpe series!

Sharpe and Ducos are already companions. Before you ask, yes, there were screenshots of their in-game models (though dated by now) but thanks to imageshack going Geroge III they're gone forever.

dinnerblaster said:
Sharpe and Ducos are already companions. Before you ask, yes, there were screenshots of their in-game models (though dated by now) but thanks to imageshack going Geroge III they're gone forever.
Why, that was an awesome metaphor!

Docm30's youtube channel got quite a bit of subscribers from the videos he posted.

Wonder if he uses that money he gets from youtube to buy a flat screen tv? Or perhaps more modding tools. Or a better PC in general.

TheMadJester said:
Docm30's youtube channel got quite a bit of subscribers from the videos he posted.

Wonder if he uses that money he gets from youtube to buy a flat screen tv? Or perhaps more modding tools. Or a better PC in general.

He doesn't need YouTube and their puny dollars. He gets so much cash as donations from suckers fans that he moved to a mansion in Hawaiji and does nothing but buy new sports cars, and sleep in the sun, and give middle finger to everyone who supports his diabolical plan to get filthy rich mod :twisted:.

Or at least if guys at the mod's moddb comment section are to be believed.

dinnerblaster said:
TheMadJester said:

He doesn't need YouTube and their puny dollars. He gets so much cash as donations from suckers fans that he moved to a mansion in Hawaiji and does nothing but buy new sports cars, and sleep in the sun, and give middle finger to everyone who supports his diabolical plan to get filthy rich mod :twisted:.

The plan of greatness! No no no, you'r lyin', there's no way he'd use the "donations" he get's on that kinda ****! Poor Moddb idiot's...

dinnerblaster said:

THAT'S THE MOST AWESOME AND COOLEST PLAN EVAHHH!!! That right there sir, is just twisted  :mrgreen:.

Epicrules said:
To once again demonstrate how ridiculous that idea is:

Docm30 said:
Haha, you fools! My plan all along was to work for two years making a mod only to disappear with a days worth of minimum wage from donations!

L'Aigle dev team

evil-laugh.gif

Epicrules said:
To once again demonstrate how ridiculous that idea is:

Docm30 said:
Haha, you fools! My plan all along was to work for two years making a mod only to disappear with a days worth of minimum wage from donations!

That Docm quote is from 2012... delightful to think that we've spent so much time chasing our tails in this thread.

At least the mod moves ever onwards, at its own pace and by its own rules. As it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom