The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Currently viewing this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProneOyster said:
I like learning things; what are those "waist belts" called and their purpose?

If you mean the sash across the stomach, it's called a 'barrel sash' and was simply a part of the traditional Hungarian dress hussar uniforms were based on.

Vicccard said:
My regiment. Finally. Yeeeeeessssshhhhh!

You don't happen to have any information about the campaign uniforms of Dutch hussars, do you? Like the style of overalls they wore and whether or not they ever wore kinskis.

Also, I've redone the Guard Grenadiers to the standard of the newer French uniforms.

dutchguard.jpg

That's pretty well the last of the troop uniforms for the first release. There are still some officers uniforms and things that need to be done, but that's it for the strictly necessary troops.

Docm30 said:
That's pretty well the last of the troop uniforms for the first release. There are still some officers uniforms and things that need to be done, but that's it for the strictly necessary troops.

Let the release date conspiracy begin.

The Hungarian and Croatian waist belts were thought to protect the gut from slashes. During the 30 Years War it was less ornately woven, and simply wrapped around the waist several times to give it thickness.

HoJu

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBVC
By the way, Docm, on the old subject of wavy banners and colors... now that TLD is OSP and ported to Warband, couldn't you use their vertex shaders for L'Aigle?

These are new and may not be very fitting for the kind of flags in this mod, but some Rohan lances had animated banners too. Or you could ask Swyter, who made the new ones

Yde

Squire
M&BWBWF&SNW
Sir_Newton said:
Stop re-doing the uniforms before I have to turn down my battlesizer!
A part of getting better at making uniforms, is getting better at making them look good without making them more resource intensive.

masterborn12

Knight at Arms
WBNW
Some questions , What Music era is included in this mod ,
If you are going to buy commision , Can you do  that if you buy ranks , then there will be some negative effects , and that it is really expensive , at that time a poor man made some pounds a year , a officers commision in the infantry cost 600.

Gallóglach

Recruit
Docm30 said:
Good to here mate  :grin:

ClearlyInvisible

Master Knight
masterborn12 said:
Some questions , What Music era is included in this mod ,
If you are going to buy commision , Can you do  that if you buy ranks , then there will be some negative effects , and that it is really expensive , at that time a poor man made some pounds a year , a officers commision in the infantry cost 600.

Use. Search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom