The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austro said:
milkyway12 said:
Hey, either make the game or don't. I'd be more than willing to pay for this mod; if he doesn't charge for it, that's his problem, not mine. My problem is the massive amount of time he is taking to produce the mod. I've considered donating a hundred dollars or two several times through out the development process to help encourage him, but it's hard to want to donate when you aren't seeing much being done that didn't seem to be in the 2012 trailer in the year 2014.

I love donating, it's awesome, but i want to donate to something that is actually doing something. I wish to see more, and id be more than willing to donate 200 hundred dollars to the cause. I looked at the 2012 trailer and a video preview a few weeks old. Exactly the same stuff.

I am basically hoping for a demo, to see the work done, but it's just not there.

I don't see how it's "Your Problem" seeing as you're not a part of the development process at all.

And what will your money do? Buy him Drinks and Food and pay for servers when the mod comes out? Don't think that will speed up the process at all.

It's meant to show more than that. For example, my appreciation. However, i cannot show my appreciation if i cannot even touch the game, a mod, for over a year. I'm more than willing to donate a decent amount of money to show my appreciation, but i need something i can touch. I was hoping he would maybe have a beta or something out by now, so i can go " wow, i really enjoy this mod, let me donate to show him that he has done an awesome job".

milkyway12 said:
Austro said:
milkyway12 said:
Hey, either make the game or don't. I'd be more than willing to pay for this mod; if he doesn't charge for it, that's his problem, not mine. My problem is the massive amount of time he is taking to produce the mod. I've considered donating a hundred dollars or two several times through out the development process to help encourage him, but it's hard to want to donate when you aren't seeing much being done that didn't seem to be in the 2012 trailer in the year 2014.

I love donating, it's awesome, but i want to donate to something that is actually doing something. I wish to see more, and id be more than willing to donate 200 hundred dollars to the cause. I looked at the 2012 trailer and a video preview a few weeks old. Exactly the same stuff.

I am basically hoping for a demo, to see the work done, but it's just not there.

I don't see how it's "Your Problem" seeing as you're not a part of the development process at all.

And what will your money do? Buy him Drinks and Food and pay for servers when the mod comes out? Don't think that will speed up the process at all.

It's meant to show more than that. For example, my appreciation. However, i cannot show my appreciation if i cannot even touch the game, a mod, for over a year. I'm more than willing to donate a decent amount of money to show my appreciation, but i need something i can touch. I was hoping he would maybe have a beta or something out by now, so i can go " wow, i really enjoy this mod, let me donate to show him that he has done an awesome job".

You can "touch" it when we all can. I'm pretty sure throwing your money at him will do nothing.

Here's a Hessan uniform btw, for those who asked:

hessianchevau.jpg

There was a vote for what uniform would represent the confederation of the Rhine, I just cant remember which one won for the cavalry.

Docm30 said:
So, I can't decide what the elite heavy cavalry of the Confederation of the Rhine should be. To resolve the situation, I've decided to select a few candidates and put it to a vote.

Those candidates are Westphalian Garde du Corps or Cuirassiers, Hessian Garde du Corps or Saxon Garde du Corps.

germanheavycavalry.jpg

Note that the Westphalian Garde du Corp is an officer, but the troopers uniform was very similar. Note also that the Saxon is slightly outdated in that picture. Those are the best representative pictures I had, though.

Myself, I'm leaning towards the Hessian or Westphalian Garde du Corps, but on the other hand the other two would be easier to make---the Saxons had almost no rank distinction in 1809, which would save time. The only difference between men, NCO's and officers were the plumes.

I've put up a poll so you can decide which you like best.

Oh yeah, I remember that poll. Who did win actually...

I think it was either the Hessian Garde du Corps or the Westphalian Garde du Corps. Not 100% on that though.

Yde said:
milkyway12 said:
Wow, mod has been in development for way too long. The trailer released in 2012 looks very good, but it's 2014, and not so much as a burp in development it seems. :/
It is not for you to decide how long is too long. Docm has repeatedly stated that the mod is not in a state that is playable currently, and it would therefore not be wise to release it. Far too many mods fizzle out because they are released too early and people get tired of it before it is even done.  He has the right of it, in my opinion. Docm is regularly releasing updates in this very thread, if you look for it. It sounds like you are making an opinion on insufficient information, since you would state that no updates has surfaced since the trailer. He has the right of it, in my opinion. I am sorry if this sounds grumpy or stern, but these kinds of statements happens way too often, and is not fair towards the modder who has put thousands of hours of his own time into a free product.

I entirely agree with Yde but I do still think that a simple approximation of at least by what season ie: spring, summer etc. the mod could be finished is possible. I for example know that if I have enough time and all goes well, I can have my mod released by mid next week maybe even the end of this week as an approximation.

I would agree also but remember a screenshot here and there is not new updates... It's probably just a picture he found that looked awesome and posted it to keep us on topic.. Far from an update.

TheOrest007 said:
Yde said:
milkyway12 said:
Wow, mod has been in development for way too long. The trailer released in 2012 looks very good, but it's 2014, and not so much as a burp in development it seems. :/
It is not for you to decide how long is too long. Docm has repeatedly stated that the mod is not in a state that is playable currently, and it would therefore not be wise to release it. Far too many mods fizzle out because they are released too early and people get tired of it before it is even done.  He has the right of it, in my opinion. Docm is regularly releasing updates in this very thread, if you look for it. It sounds like you are making an opinion on insufficient information, since you would state that no updates has surfaced since the trailer. He has the right of it, in my opinion. I am sorry if this sounds grumpy or stern, but these kinds of statements happens way too often, and is not fair towards the modder who has put thousands of hours of his own time into a free product.

I entirely agree with Yde but I do still think that a simple approximation of at least by what season ie: spring, summer etc. the mod could be finished is possible. I for example know that if I have enough time and all goes well, I can have my mod released by mid next week maybe even the end of this week as an approximation.

Holy **** cant you just let trolls be trolls and impatient kids be impatient kids??? This discussion makes 30% of the thread...

Back on topic- I found a nice website where you can see some cool hessian uniforms!
http://hessen-militär.de/leibgarde.html

There's plenty of stuff I haven't shown.

milkyway12 said:

If you want to ignore all the progress that's been very clearly laid out in the thread, that's on you, not me. All the videos made after the initial trailer have been to show a specific new feature. You can't claim it's the "same stuff".

Since December of 2012, I've added artillery, AI musicians, changing seasons, changing clothing, a new social standing feature, I've done extensive scene work (I don't think I had shown any scenes at all before the trailer), I've done tons to the campaign, I've added tons of new items, I've improved the graphics, I've done new animations, I've added bloody Faro, etc etc. To claim there's hasn't been work shown is, in my humble opinion, ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom