The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dick_Jones_the_knob_head said:
WTF IS DIS!!! PENISULER WAR WAS IN 1715 DURING WAR OF SPANISH SECSESSION!!!!! NAOPLEON FAUGHT THE PRUSSIANS IN 1860 HE NEVER TOOK SPAIN!!!!!

GET UR FACTS RIGHT JESUS CRIST!!!! ALL OF U R SO INGORANT!!!!!!!

To start off, the war of Spanish succession was 1701-1714 and was fought by Louis XIV of France, not Napoleon.

Secondly, how could it be the peninsular war if its the war of Spanish succession? That would be redundant.

Thirdly, When Napoleon III fought the prussians it was 1870, not 1860 and had nothing to do with Spain.

Yeah scenes would be cool. But man, this thread though. I just picture Benny Hill music going in the background at times.

Not much to say aside from the fact I'm hyped for this, the only reason I didn't get into Napoleonic War was that it didn't have an SP portion.

I have a gameplay related question that (of all things) came from playing some M&B today.

Will there be anything done with the current jail break arrangement? I take great offense with the way that you have to hunt down town guards the length and breadth of the settlement, it seems like it should be possible to get something with a lot more fire and flash, concentrated placements of guards and the real sense of running down an escape route.

Out of curiosity, Doc... i noted the standing animation with the musket carried on the right in front of the shoulder like this...

EgDtV4J.jpg

My question is: are you intent on keep the animation as it is or maybe you intend to change it like this one which is more classic?

ab642c4ff9a887b04d30f4dcaacf.jpeg

laiglesigbritain.jpg

dessan95 said:
Out of curiosity, Doc... i noted the standing animation with the musket carried on the right in front of the shoulder like this...

EgDtV4J.jpg

My question is: are you intent on keep the animation as it is or maybe you intend to change it like this one which is more classic?

Well he's about to aim the musket, he's not in a march. The stance would be different.

ClearlyInvisible said:
dessan95 said:

EgDtV4J.jpg

Well he's about to aim the musket, he's not in a march. The stance would be different.

Are you sure? I am not! but, if you are right, can you please post me a photo of the docm's work that shows a man standing?!

I don't think he's made an idle pose for soldiers (Or if he has I've forgotten about it)

But if I remember correctly, that pose that you circled there means he's about to level his musket at an enemy.

ClearlyInvisible said:
I don't think he's made an idle pose for soldiers (Or if he has I've forgotten about it)

But if I remember correctly, that pose that you circled there means he's about to level his musket at an enemy.

I hope so! Honestly i hope there will be a "relaxed" standing pose like this too.

I'd like to wait for Doc's messages about that...
However thank you ClearlyInvisible for your participation!  :grin:

dessan95 said:

EgDtV4J.jpg

The musket is bound to the left hand item bone, therefore you cannot have a pose as in the picture above (the left hand holds the musket in every animation). Not unless there is a command which would allow switching objects between item bones easily. There was no such command when these animations were made.

The other problem here is that there can only be 1 idle animation, meaning that switching to the animation that is in the mod right now would have to be part of the present (aiming) animation, which would really mess up the player in single player and especially in multiplayer.

It is a pity that Warband doesn't support (or at least, I've never seen it done) the separation of weapons from the player model's bone.

I know Total War games have this thing, where the musket and soldier are separate entities, thus allowing for many different positions. Of course, if you pay close attention, it doesn't lack it's fair share of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom