The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post-captain was an actual rank (or 'rate' in naval parlance) above commander and below commodore. It was the second highest of the four rates allowed to command ships (which were lieutenant-commander, commander, post-captain and second commodore).

Maybe I worded it poorly. Lieutenant-commander was a grade of the lieutenant rating. It wasn't simply an appointment, though, as it included a different pay-grade and uniform. 1914 is when it was upgraded from a grade of a rank to a rank proper. Exactly what the difference is is a bit of a mystery.

lol, now that both drTomas with his cannon code and von Afton are in the team, L'Aigle can be officially named the graveyard/second chance of the Twilight of the Sun king.

dinnerblaster said:
lol, now that both drTomas with his cannon code and von Afton are in the team, L'Aigle can be officially named the graveyard/second chance of the Twilight of the Sun king.
Cmon dont be so harsh lad. They just wanna help this thing develop faster... their mod was great.

24e_Col_Russian said:
Dinner I didn't quite understand your post.. Did the L'aigle team aquire two more coders?

DrThomas helped out with some stuff, von Afton is a scener I recommended (or Docm kew about him anyway probably) as he did some amazing work on Totsk.

zois said:
dinnerblaster said:
Cmon dont be so harsh lad. They just wanna help this thing develop faster... their mod was great.

It was great indeed, in fact I wouldn't mind it personally if devs would straightforward port a few great scenes from totsk to Aigle, so that they (the scenes) would be of some use for someone, the mod was just way too amazing to die :sad:

dinnerblaster said:
zois said:
dinnerblaster said:

It was great indeed, in fact I wouldn't mind it personally if devs would straightforward port a few great scenes from totsk to Aigle, so that they (the scenes) would be of some use for someone, the mod was just way too amazing to die :sad:

I was under the impression that DocM was working with them to some degree because he has the coding for cannons from TotSK.

I believe you are correct, but DrThomas is very knowledgeable so I wouldn't be surprised if he helped with a few other things.

It was a trade in fact, there are some coats and a hat in ToTSK that Docm30 made, all for the Swedish faction. I can't find the hat anymore though in the latest revision, it seems to have reverted back to the original model and texture. One of many problems that will probably never be fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom