The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only problem with that uniform is how easy it is to spot soldiers in white and how easy it is to aim at them. For instance if there was a line in green uniforms and a line in white uniforms, it would be far easier to aim and spot the ones in white. But fashion comes first I suppose :lol:.

dinnerblaster said:
First, I cross my fingers for card games and gambling being in the mod. Second, would it be possible to live in villages as a peasant and\or own a farm or smthng, like do "normal" work for living such as woodcutting in 1805 II?

Third, as you are creating this groundbreakingly diverce sandbox epic taking place during the time of muskets and you use the same music in ur videos, has Barry Lyndon inspired you and your mod, and if has, in what degree and way?

There will be gambling of some form. I don't know about menial labour, though.

I don't know if Barry Lyndon has inspired me except in the way that I'm inspired by all art I'm exposed to. It's one of my favourite movies and I think probably Kubrick's best (even if The Shining is my all-time favourite movie), but I can't think of a specific way it has inspired the mod. Except maybe all the duels.

RoboSenshi said:
Is the number of men that you have in your party solely determined by your rank or by your renown/leadership/charisma or a little bit of both? For example would it be possible to have really low stats then purchase a high rank and be able to immediately lead 200 men?

Party size is determined by rank and leadership skill. Purchasing a high rank will give you a significant party size.

SeanBeansShako said:
Which capital city will you show us next?

Which ever one I do next, I guess. The Smoke, maybe.

TheOrest007 said:
Only problem with that uniform is how easy it is to spot soldiers in white and how easy it is to aim at them. For instance if there was a line in green uniforms and a line in white uniforms, it would be far easier to aim and spot the ones in white. But fashion comes first I suppose :lol:.

I can't imagine what Napoleonic uniforms you think make aiming any more difficult, whether its white or green or whatever - the colours were as much to be seen as anything else, regardless of what garish shade your king prefers.

Colour is irrelevant when you've got thousands of men formed together. You ain't hiding that. Anyway, as Landgraft pointed out the colours were designed to be seen---hiding large formations is impossible, so the idea was to make it easier to tell your men from the enemy's.

Docm30 said:
RoboSenshi said:
Is the number of men that you have in your party solely determined by your rank or by your renown/leadership/charisma or a little bit of both? For example would it be possible to have really low stats then purchase a high rank and be able to immediately lead 200 men?
Party size is determined by rank and leadership skill. Purchasing a high rank will give you a significant party size.
So is "renown" now redundant or will it be used for other things?

Will you pull an Empire and make the capital of Russia Moscow (It was Saint Petersburg until the Russian Revolution)?

In Empire it's partially justified, in that Ingria begins the campaign in Swedish possession; it's Napoleon: Total War that dropped the ball.

Does Warband even properly have capitals? There's the city held by the king of the faction of course, but l'Aigle will handle property differently anyway...

Frankly, I think it makes sense in Napoleon, as well. Moscow was a very important city in the wars and the site of some very famous events. Rubbish all happened in Saint Petersburg.

I believe it was Napoleon himself that said Saint Petersburg is the head of Russia, but Moscow is the heart.

That said, I do designate capitals in the mod and Saint Pete's is Russia's.

How do you make the faction capitals clear to the player, aside from using the Warband notes and stuff? Do they just have a larger and/or magnificent campaign map model? I'm just curious.

I couldn't really be happier about your dedication to the scenes, as they are vital for at least my gaming experience.

F.ex in the bagpipes test video, althought the musicians great, what really got me in it was the battlefield and especially all the **** in the horizon. It made me feel like even with these huge campaings, world wars and violence roaming around, it all feels insignificent in the face and beauty of mighty nature. So, I'd say that was surprisingly philosophical update for me :mrgreen:. Also as a scandinavian I'm really pumbed to see what nordic villages and towns like Turku and Stockholm will look (thought I guess those aren't first release stuff, unfortunate for me  :neutral:).

Will L'aigle include a Routing feature? fighting to the last man is rather unrealistic.

I know one of the planned features is the ability to form square, but how exactly are you working this into the game if I may ask? the whole Formations and Combat AI on a unit scale.

How will the unit to unit engagement work? will the bots just auto target the closest npc just like Commander battles in NW? hopefully something a lot better? engagement ranges, and units fireing at UNITS. The ability to Target one specific unit with one other specific unit?

And also if I may ask what about the arty Regiments? will these only be useable by the player? or will we have AI using our battery? And again if so, how is their targeting done? I suppose over all I am just really interested in knowing more about the AI improvements/formation/commanding your army system of L'aigle.

Also not really a Game changer but would be realistic, Fixing and un-fixing Bayonets? perhaps?

~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom