The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
11sparky11 said:
Vicccard said:
wrath7 said:
i think that this exploration of culture in a mod such as this is a brilliant idea, wouldnt it be and interesting notion to extend it to mp somehow, instead of LB's we can have weekly balls  :idea:

We can do that, and it's called Roleplay. And I certainly am interested in that.  :mrgreen:

You do re-enactments, why not balls too? I imagine there are PLENTY of 19th century ball dancing clubs out there.

Indeed there are.

11sparky11 said:
You do re-enactments, why not balls too? I imagine there are PLENTY of 19th century ball dancing clubs out there.

Not exactly dancing clubs, but there are plenty of groups doing the upper class citizenry and they organize balls and other high-class activities. I've never been to one, firstly because I don't have a full uniform (and you really need full dress for balls), secondly because I am a trooper and troopers didn't go to balls and thirdly I don't think it's a thing for me. Of course, I should try one before I should say something like that, so I'll probably find myself going to one, somewhere in the future. I'll just play Cadet and wear my trooper uniform of the 6e Huzaren.

Vicccard said:
11sparky11 said:

Not exactly dancing clubs, but there are plenty of groups doing the upper class citizenry and they organize balls and other high-class activities. I've never been to one, firstly because I don't have a full uniform (and you really need full dress for balls), secondly because I am a trooper and troopers didn't go to balls and thirdly I don't think it's a thing for me. Of course, I should try one before I should say something like that, so I'll probably find myself going to one, somewhere in the future. I'll just play Cadet and wear my trooper uniform of the 6e Huzaren.

I always knew I wasn't the only one who really enjoyed walking around with the troopers' uniforms.

Swissky said:
Insert Oktoberfest reference here.

Unfortunately, Oktoberfest was first celebrated in 1810; a year too late.

Here's a quick scene I threw together to test some more German buildings.

x0hw.jpg

wqan.jpg

Southern and Western German cities were (and still are, but to a significantly lesser degree thanks to the Nazis) filled with 15th and 16th century buildings in the style seen there. There still are some towns filled almost entirely with them.

Docm30 said:
Were you one of the many people I force-fed a healthy serving of pilum?

Rallix said:
Btw Docm, the 22nd has been my 18th birthday, as well as the anniversary of the birth of the French First Republic.
Perhaps you would give me a present for the occasion? Pretty please? I'll understand if not though.  :sad:

Yeah, sure. Here's a little something me and the famous shaders and bearskin guy knocked out.

I present Dynamic snow! which is as exciting as I'm sure it sounds. The days of hand-placing snowy props and snow textures are gone, as this is all done by shaders. Shaders which I can control at will in the module system. Any scene I want to be snowy can be snowy whenever I want it to be. What this means to you is that no scene will be permanently snowy or snow-free. The mod starts in April, so snow will be rare, but as time passes and winter comes, all of a sudden previously snow-less scenes will be covered with it.

Here are a few pictures to illustrate. They're all of scenes you've seen snow-free before, including Paris.

rkwm.jpg

38q5.jpg

m1sr.jpg

1ejk.jpg

Remember that this a work-in-progress, so the look will improve. I'm undecided on whether or not the trees should change, as around here at least snow almost never builds up on trees. We'll see if that changes or not.
I just want to say , this is incredible.Seriously.

kpetschulat said:
Wow, that looks like it's ripped right out of the town in Germany where I was born, Lüdenscheid. That's magnificent work... and, yeah... It reminds me of a nice pint o' lager.
Well, good to know that there are even guys from Märkischer Kreis, I am from Werdohl. To the topic, well i can't wait to see the first release of the mod, all new added things make me more thirsty.  :mrgreen: Docm you are about to revolutionize the warband community!

When I buy a "Marshall of the Empire" rank from France, I continue having that rank (or its equal) if I join up with an another nation say, Austria?

Is the number of men that you have in your party solely determined by your rank or by your renown/leadership/charisma or a little bit of both? For example would it be possible to have really low stats then purchase a high rank and be able to immediately lead 200 men?

Just finished watching Barry Lyndon, wada great movie that was (this is the second time I've seen it, yay!). The film however brought a few questions\suggestion to my mind(mainly for the second release, of course).

First, I cross my fingers for card games and gambling being in the mod. Second, would it be possible to live in villages as a peasant and\or own a farm or smthng, like do "normal" work for living such as woodcutting in 1805 II?

Third, as you are creating this groundbreakingly diverce sandbox epic taking place during the time of muskets and you use the same music in ur videos, has Barry Lyndon inspired you and your mod, and if has, in what degree and way?

And btw the German town square looks gorgeus! Clearly it's still wip, but greatnes is already there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom