The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Napoleonic Wars what happened if you were dehorsed out of combat? Like you're just standing around with your unit and all of a sudden round shot takes your horse's head off.
 
ClearlyInvisible said:
In the Napoleonic Wars what happened if you were dehorsed out of combat? Like you're just standing around with your unit and all of a sudden round shot takes your horse's head off.

I suppose it depend on where you were when it happened, far from the enemy or near. If you are far away from the enemy I imagine you would try and get back to your lines, and if you were anyway close you'd probably end of getting killed. Or trampled by the guys behind you actually now that I think about it.
 
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but will historically allied countries go to war with each other or will they stay at peace unless the player does something?

Also do the smaller factions get elliminated quickly similar to 1257 ad or are they able to stay alive?
Tldr are factions balanced?
 
Cavalry regiments should have had spare mounts for men who were unhorsed. Whether they always did or not is another matter.
 
stewart29th said:
Trumpet has valves to depress to get certain notes and because it is longer and larger I imagine in the heat of battle you could easily fumble around, the Bugle is smaller and easier as the notes only differ with your lip position and method of blowing.

The valved trumpet was first patented in 1818. In the Napoleonic era all trumpets were what are now called natural trumpets.

DickSpewHammer said:
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but will historically allied countries go to war with each other or will they stay at peace unless the player does something?

Also do the smaller factions get elliminated quickly similar to 1257 ad or are they able to stay alive?
Tldr are factions balanced?

No, not really. The coalition can win, especially with the player's help, but if left alone France usually beats them.

Countries that start allied can go to war, but there were very few nations back then that didn't wind up on both sides at different points.
 
By the way will the English randomly go back and forth across the channel? In 1257 ad for instance I don't believe you need to buy boats to cross, you just click anywhere and the your party crosses as if there is no bloody water. Speaking of historical accuracy both french and English hesitated to send troops across the channel (in the beginning at least), so will armies going across the sea actually use boats or just run across?
 
TheOrest007 said:
By the way will the English randomly go back and forth across the channel? In 1257 ad for instance I don't believe you need to buy boats to cross, you just click anywhere and the your party crosses as if there is no bloody water. Speaking of historical accuracy both french and English hesitated to send troops across the channel (in the beginning at least), so will armies going across the sea actually use boats or just run across?

There is only one crossing in 1257 between England and France, the straights of Dover. You must be playing on a ridiculously ancient version.
 
Captured Joe said:
Oh well, in Europe 1805 (v2) the Batavian Republic always conquers Montenegro, and occasionally more.

What do I care about a little Batavian mountain colony? I want to be a loyal officer of the hussars of King Louis!

Oh, and if the French do invade, I'll just get as many men I can get and retreat into Naarden, holding out as long as possible.
Why Naarden? Well, it's pretty much impossible to take with a direct assault. Except when there's ice, of course... Plus, I love the irony.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom