The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captured Joe said:
Vicccard said:
Then again, the only account I found about a Douanier in a siege was the far less important siege of Naarden (1813-14) where a douanier opened fire at a Dutch negotiator, who was carrying a white flag.
He must've thought it was a Dutchman who taunted them with a captured French flag.

That's what you get when you put custom officials in the army.

I find it a bit hard to believe the custom service was supposed to be some elite light infantry regiment during warfare. It just doesn't make any sense, especially since their organisation was 3 officers per eight privatess. And no NCO's. Eh?

Captured Joe said:
Derpingtonpryce said:
Docm30 said:
They didn't use wall guns in this era.

Oh, so when do those massive flintlock wall guns date back to?
You mean swivel guns?
swivel%20gun.jpg
As far as I know, they were only used on ships untill around the 18th century.
And they weren't flintlocks at all...

No I meant wall guns:

img_2766[1].jpg

Rangerplus10 said:
Akiba356 said:
Wall guns are like massive muskets.

biggun.jpg

Not me btw
I see why they mounted these things. Still, it would be rather funny to see someone try to fire one of these bracing with their shoulder.

Maybe as a special item in a chest hidden somewhere in one of the cities?

I've seen those before but don't they look like just a waste of gunpowder? I mean I doubt that one shot of those would kill a lot of people (probably one or two) and you need to load more gun powder into them than regular muskets.

TheOrest007 said:
I've seen those before but don't they look like just a waste of gunpowder? I mean I doubt that one shot of those would kill a lot of people (probably one or two) and you need to load more gun powder into them than regular muskets.
Wouldn't it increase accuracy over a longer range though? (And be scary as hell)

To be fair, those wall guns have no place in this mod. Yeah they look quite nice and scary, but for this time period they're just the big, fat, drunk one night stand sex child of a musket and a swivel gun.

Ergo useless.

The only place where you can implement this weapon is as a multiplayer OP admin gun.

Rangerplus10 said:
Wouldn't it increase accuracy over a longer range though? (And be scary as hell)

British army tests in the mid-18th century found that increasing the barrel length only improves accuracy up to a point, and that their current brown besses were about a foot too long, which they removed with no noticeable effect on accuracy.

There are walled cities in the mod, though. Ratisbon is the most significant example. The ancient walls were scaled with ladders by the French in 1809. Smolensk has walls, too, and there are probably a few others.

Appologies if it has been asked before. (wouldn't be surprised).

Is there a chance to see some of your scening work? Talking about fortresses, landscapes, villages, etc.
(If you have any so far, apart from the city backgrounds we've seen from time to time)

Would love to see some if possible. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom