The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haresus said:
The uniforms are beautiful (Hats off to you mister!) and I applaud you on making them! However the pistols/carbines seem to look a bit fat... Might just be the angle or something, or me not really knowing how big the weapons should be, but yeah. Love the sideburns too! :wink:
Probably just the angle; the pistols aren't really any bigger than they should be. Napoleon era pistols were basically chopped down muskets and tended to be fairly huge compared to modern pistols.

Commander Shepard, there will be plenty of bandits, highwaymen, pirates, deserters, patrols and caravans for starting players to prey on.

orangeknite1, eight years of practice is how I learned.

Docm30 said:
Haresus said:
The uniforms are beautiful (Hats off to you mister!) and I applaud you on making them! However the pistols/carbines seem to look a bit fat... Might just be the angle or something, or me not really knowing how big the weapons should be, but yeah. Love the sideburns too! :wink:
Probably just the angle; the pistols aren't really any bigger than they should be. Napoleon era pistols were basically chopped down muskets and tended to be fairly huge compared to modern pistols.

Commander Shepard, there will be plenty of bandits, highwaymen, pirates, deserters, patrols and caravans for starting players to prey on.

orangeknite1, eight years of practice is how I learned.
Lucky bastard to have that much time to yourself

this Mod Looks Simply Amazing!

The Lack of SP interest always dissipointed me with MM, and the lack of even a single pic or word in nearly 9 months isnt exactly something i'm willing to follow.

So Question: After playing such Amazing SP mods as 1257ad, i've seen that editing the Enemy AI is indeed possible. I was curious just how you're going to go about this? I'd hate to just simply see the enemy form a massive line and wait... or even worse just randomly charge in. In 1257ad infantry will regroup for counter attacks, Cav will actually Flank attack and run. And so much more. i do hope to see such awsome features out of this Amazing mod aswell.

I am Also curious as to how you will Work in Bayonet Chargeing?

My idea was to give the units two muskets, one invisible when holsterd and to simply be a melee weapon. and the other a ranged musket. so when told to hold fire, they will swich weapons and are ready for melee without all the fuss and bugs. But thats my idea, perhaps yours are much better.

Docm30 said:
The thread is almost at 100 replies already, so I reckon now is a good time for new screenshots.

This time they're of the Chasseurs à Cheval de la Garde Impériale; Napoleon's personal bodyguard, and some of the best cavalry in Europe.

Uniform
frenchchasseurcheval.jpg
Ingame
chasseur6.jpg

chasseur7.jpg

chasseur2.jpg

chasseur3.jpg

chasseur1.jpg

chasseur5.jpg

chasseur8.jpg

chasseur4.jpg

Until next time.

Beautiful! You've actually made the plumes look like feathers, rather than the strange quasi-tampons we see in MM.  :razz:

The Prussian officer hat in MM has some sort of feathers. But I think theyre pretty resource heavy. How many polys do the plumes have in your hats Doc?

Comrade Temuzu said:
The Prussian officer hat in MM has some sort of feathers. But I think theyre pretty resource heavy. How many polys do the plumes have in your hats Doc?

Not too much as I guess he has used alpha transparacy.

Comrade Temuzu said:
The plume is 162 triangles, the whole hat is about 900.

Viccard, I'm pretty solid on reference at the moment, but when I need some more I'll let you know.

Line_Infantry, I've got to the AI Formations mod in my mod already, and I'll try to make some tweaks to the AI, but a major AI reworking is beyond my meagre coding ability. The AI works pretty well at the moment, though.

Thanks again.

This is ****ing great, M&M is nice and all, but this has beatifully made stuff in the whole mod, not just on a single faction. Wow cant wait  :shock:.

Those screens look nice. Can't wait till you release it. I just hope my PC will be able to run it (probably the only person left on the planet with a Pentium 4 :grin:).

RanGer_SLO said:
Those screens look nice. Can't wait till you release it. I just hope my PC will be able to run it (probably the only person left on the planet with a Pentium 4 :grin:).
I'm building the mod on a mid-end laptop, so hopefully it won't end up too system intensive (or even I won't be able to play!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom