The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kpetschulat said:
Vicccard said:
Why do you need to bring a historical discussion on a relevant subject to PM's?

So, just for the record, you still think Waterloo was a British and not a Allied victory?

No, it was Allied victory. I said the British center, because the center was British.

Oh, sure, except the numerous Hanoverian, Dutch, Belgian and Nassau, Brunswich and KGL battalions and squadrons.

Pretty sure those were front lines, except for the KGL. I looked at some maps, and the Dutch and Nassau troops were posted further up from the center column and reserves, holding Le Haye Sainte.

Anyways, before I get Duuring'ed (Soon enough), got any updates with the French Docm30? I believe a couple pages back you said that you had a couple more uniforms, or units to do, and that the French were nearly done.

Othurin said:
As Far As I Know.

Lol... I wouldn't have thought of that.

Epicrules said:
kpetschulat said:
Captured Joe said:

What is "AFAIK?"

Allied. Force. Advance. Infantry. Kolumn (With a K?) Not sure what this is.

Not that hard to use Google. I beg of you, please do not carry on your incessant arguments here. This is a sacred place.

What is your deal, dude? Honestly. I'm talking about the era, and you either PM me, or say something stupid to me.

The classic 'Reptilian infiltrators' conspiracy works quite well with Napoleon, seeing as he stormed through Europe placing his relatives and close allies on thrones they couldn't imagine having claim to.

Willhelm said:
What resources do you use Docm? What series of books etc.

As I've explained before, I've got well over a hundred books dealing with the era, plus dozens of websites bookmarked and a folder contain about 4,000 images of various uniforms, artifacts, buildings, battles and scenes.

If you're looking for some books, the Napoleonic works form Osprey Publishing are pretty good introductory material, fairly cheap and easy to find, as well.

kpetschulat said:
Pretty sure those were front lines, except for the KGL. I looked at some maps, and the Dutch and Nassau troops were posted further up from the center column and reserves, holding Le Haye Sainte.

Anyways, before I get Duuring'ed (Soon enough), got any updates with the French Docm30? I believe a couple pages back you said that you had a couple more uniforms, or units to do, and that the French were nearly done.
No updates on the French.

Re Waterloo. Much of the Allied centre was in fact German. I recall reading that the majority of the troops that Ney's cavalry charge encountered were German. Anyway, the majority of the fighting was done at La Haye Sainte, Papelotte and Hougoumont, of which the first two were defended entirely by Germans and the third mostly by Germans.

Did we really need to discuss this a second time? let's stop talking about Waterloo, as it isn't relevant to the mod.

Docm30 said:
If you're looking for some books, the Napoleonic works form Osprey Publishing are pretty good introductory material, fairly cheap and easy to find, as well.
My father bought almost all of them. :mrgreen:

Say, do you have the books of L. and F. Funcken? And how do you judge them?

I've got a few dozen of ospreys on my computer, and I love them. Nice pictures, too  :grin: Some minor errors here and there, at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom