The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comrade Temuzu said:
Jesus ****. Just get back to the topic already.
Just saying, you're going "off-topic" just as much as him, with the unnecessary posts you made. (And in this case, I agree with the topic of that "off-topic" topic, like others who have posted, who clearly don't agree with that picture you posted. Perhaps heeding those complaints would be more prudent than being aggressive towards them.)

ANYWAY....
Epicrules said:
I can foresee a mass exodus of old MM Veterans from NW to this. A new homeland! Would be pretty sweet, IMO, but singleplayer means a lot more to me than multiplayer.
Agreed. Maybe a game mode similar to NW's Commander Battle mode would work out better than conventional MP; L'Aigle's much more geared towards huge battles of AI than PvP action anyway.

Ililsa said:
I am most definitely playing the multiplayer.
And I will force everyone I can to as well.

Hah! Make me...

Watching the trailer I found it a curious thing to find that today's German national anthem was inspired by the dedication to an Austrian emperor; I hope by the next trailer the cuirassiers will be carbine-less...

This is looks fantastic, so glad you decided to add multi, really looking forward to it.

Question: Have you considered asking the NW team if you can get in on their new project Battle cry of freedom, they're making it on a whole new engine and it looks like it will be fantastic, will be nice knowing someones as talented as yourself is working on it to ensure it doesn't flop.

Adhiana said:
please tell me where is the link to download this mod :smile:
300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

4:00 of the video, would it not be better if dragoons had no bayonet? And just a plain cavalry musket?
Also, will there be a F key to enable square formation? I think that would be cool, even if it is just a square cluster :grin:
Last question, can we form more rows other than two? Like rows up to five or something?

Scorpia said:
4:00 of the video, would it not be better if dragoons had no bayonet? And just a plain cavalry musket?
Also, will there be a F key to enable square formation? I think that would be cool, even if it is just a square cluster :grin:
Last question, can we form more rows other than two? Like rows up to five or something?
"Hold this position", "stand closer", "stand closer", "stand closer".
There's your square :grin:

Humlenerd said:
Scorpia said:
"Hold this position", "stand closer", "stand closer", "stand closer".
There's your square :grin:
I like to call it: Anti-cav blob  :wink:

There should actually be a square formation in the mod, and as for Wolfstar's involvement, I heard it was already finished and just needed Docm's singleplayer resources.

Omega_007 said:
Watching the trailer I found it a curious thing to find that today's German national anthem was inspired by the dedication to an Austrian emperor.
The German national anthem isn't inspired by Gott erhalte Franz den Kaiser, it IS Gott erhalte Franz den Kaiser. Musically, at least. It's a rip off of God Save the Queen, anyway.

lowelife said:
Question: Have you considered asking the NW team if you can get in on their new project Battle cry of freedom, they're making it on a whole new engine and it looks like it will be fantastic, will be nice knowing someones as talented as yourself is working on it to ensure it doesn't flop.
Even I'm not so arrogant as to tell FSE I've deemed their game to be good enough for me to work on.

Also, and I mean no offence to FSE, but I don't get all the ballyhoo about Battle Cry of Freedom. We've seen basically nothing and know basically nothing about the game. It'll probably turn out to be good, but there's presently nothing that would make me think that it looks fantastic, and frankly it's a little disrespectful to the devs to say so; I know when I receive praise I like to actually deserve it.

missionary said:
i dont have much confidence in wolfstars (the guy whos supposedly coding multiplayer) ability to stick with a mod given his past record, so when i heard he was involved in this i was a bit disappointed

looking forward to the single player regardless and i hope wolfstar has nothing to do with the multiplayer development (nothing personal, id just feel a lot better)
Nothing personal? the fact that you say you'd feel better if he weren't involved makes it sound awful personal.

I don't mean to speak of things I don't really know about, but to my knowledge Wolfstar never bailed on a healthy, well developed mod. He's basically done the multiplayer coding, anyway.

Scorpia said:
I gave the dragoons muskets before I had made the version without the bayonet, and I just forgot to change it.

There is a sort of a square formation, but it is, as you say, a cluster, not a proper square and more like the battalion mass used by the Austrians. It would take a far superior coder than myself to make a proper square.

You can have your men form between one and five ranks.

Docm30 said:
It's a rip off of God Save the Queen, anyway.

I assure you, that the Prussian anthem was an even worse ripoff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUuFcsdo1Fs

I cant hear GStQ in the German anthem, nor the Austro-Hungarian one anyway  :???:

Surial said:
Docm30 said:
It's a rip off of God Save the Queen, anyway.

I assure you, that the Prussian anthem was an even worse ripoff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUuFcsdo1Fs

I cant hear GStQ in the German anthem, nor the Austro-Hungarian one anyway  :???:

Eh? Prussian anthem was 'Borussia'.

And if that's a version of it then it's not one that I'm hearing (with my not-deaf-at-all earlugs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom