The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EsoptrosOer said:
I wasn't saying that but rather having greek style/named/dressed troops in the Ottoman Empire and possibly having the isle of greece?
That way I'd be able to hire greek soldiers and rebel against the ottoman empire!!!
Ah yes of course he will make greece uniforms for satisfied a racist-looking greek guy , oh come on , I think we both know the answer of this question

Uh-oh. The Greeks and the Turks are at it again...

Docm30 said:
Another thing is that people shouldn't think of the battles in the mod as being Wagrams or Waterloos, but rather Aderklaas and La Haie Saintes.

Exactly! That's why "regiments" in NW always made me laugh, because you'd have Colonels commanding what was barely a company's worth of men! The scale is simply too small.

In Red Orchestra's realism units, they'd use divisional names for their tags, but their rosters would be designed around an infantry company of such-in-such battalion of such-in-such regiment, sub-divided into platoons and squads. The leader would be a captain at the most. It made a lot more sense, I don't know why BG/MM doesn't do it that way. Then again, the "realism community" doesn't really exist in MM/NW.

That's one of the reasons I took Captain as my rank, though I'm not getting things off the ground yet.

The other is that I don't want to try and trump Uxbridge.

one idea while coding...

Create camps and/or supply camps using the bandit camp model....for use in quests, and just sawning around the map (maybe a camp can actually generate recruits,supplies etc until destroyed)

while in general I want to see huge battles (obviously played in waves of reinforcements) with very large armies I also think going with the warband engine there should be focus on many "skirmishes".....perhaps have "skirmishing forces" with around 50-100 troops not led by "lords"

Another interesting route would be coding it so rank effects party numbers bonus.....so high charisma could feild an effective skirmishing force but without high rank large battles would need to be fought only by aiding superior officers in battles already being fought.

have only the marshalls hold a number of troops so huge their battles make for decisive actions and could take hours to play

EsoptrosOer said:
Will there be any Greek Troops in this mod?  I know that Greece was part of the Ottoman Empire until 1821.  But I am hoping for some Greek troops.  It be nice to hire Greek troops in the mod to rebel against the Ottoman Empire!!! :grin:  Re Establishing Greece as a free Nation! :grin:
When I include the Ottoman Empire, they should have a mixture of Anatolian, Balkan, Greek and Levantine troops.

Bloc said:
I think , He cannot add "help the greeks" option to Russian,French and Britain factions for re establishing greece as a free nation and I think he cannot add the massacre of Hydra island,Tripolitsa,Navarino etc.
What about the massacres of Chios where the Turks killed 20,000 Greek innocents or Psara where it was 7,000, or one of the numerous other massacres the Turks committed in the war? Both sides committed horrible atrocities and neither side can be excused for them.

The Greeks deserved their independence and freedom from oppression but they, like the French, chose the wrong methods to attain it.

wouter227 said:
Docm, if you could compare or if you know what the melee is like (now that I know this is going to be MP, and I don't really care about melee in SP) could you let us know?
Compare it to what?

Drusus said:
Another interesting route would be coding it so rank effects party numbers bonus.....so high charisma could feild an effective skirmishing force but without high rank large battles would need to be fought only by aiding superior officers in battles already being fought.
That's how it is. The party limit is tied to rank instead of renown.

How does the AI advance his party across the map in a battle? Is there any semblance of a line in transit or do they just blob their way from point to point and then form a line when they arrive?

Bluehawk said:
In Red Orchestra's realism units, they'd use divisional names for their tags, but their rosters would be designed around an infantry company of such-in-such battalion of such-in-such regiment, sub-divided into platoons and squads. The leader would be a captain at the most. It made a lot more sense, I don't know why BG/MM doesn't do it that way. Then again, the "realism community" doesn't really exist in MM/NW.

There are a few regiments who do base themselves around a company, such as the 1st EPI, but they're the exception. Much to my chagrin :neutral:

A major battle could be considered a series of many smaller ones. The Battle of the Little redoubt, for example, is actually part of the greater assault on Sevastopol. That is how I look at Warband battles. Though the actual battle would have been much bigger, the only part that matters is the part I am taking part in, and we just assume that whoever wins this part wins the whole thing.

Docm30 , You have to call them armed soldiers not civillians , the turkish side was the innocent side , if you kill someone with "no reason" you will automaticly become the killer guy
greeks,    they rised against the empire , like all rebellions, and the Ottoman empire send their soldiers to take control of the city , like all empires , everyone in the world call that "defence"
İf someone got his weapon and kill innocents under the "rebellion" title , That mans death become a "deserved" death on his killers mind

But this is not a massacre topic so i dont want to discuss and i dont want to ruin that beautiful topic

But i want to ask it again , is that shader made by you or by someone else?  :smile:

Docm, compared to, for example, NW or cRPG... or is it basic Native? Is the bayonet a stand alone weapon you made or is it the awlpike like MM?

Bloc said:
Docm30 , You have to call them armed soldiers not civillians , the turkish side was the innocent side , if you kill someone with "no reason" you will automaticly become the killer guy
greeks,    they rised against the empire , like all rebellions, and the Ottoman empire send their soldiers to take control of the city , like all empires , everyone in the world call that "defence"
İf someone got his weapon and kill innocents under the "rebellion" title , That mans death become a "deserved" death on his killers mind
You know you can **** off with that hateful, ignorant, stupid as hell revisionist history. Like all decent human beings, I have absolutely no patience for people that would defend the murder of thousands of unarmed civilians (the people of Chios hadn't even joined the damned rebellion. They certainly weren't armed). This makes me as sick as if you had defended the Holocaust.

Despicable.

" In addition to setting fires, the troops were ordered to kill all infants under three years old, all males 12 years and older, and all females 40 and older, except those willing to convert to Islam.[6]

Approximately 20,000[7][8][9] Chians were killed or starved to death and 23,000 were exiled. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Chios

In an era where human rights were unknown, the Turks were fantastic pioneers in the art of inflicting massive human suffering and death. Not saying that the rest of the world was good, look at the British massacres of protestors, the Russian revolution, the Hungarian revolution which the Russians put down, and many other incidents. However, the Ottomans were hardly innocent, in fact they were really really bad.

Sadly, like most Turkish people, they get taught history quite different from the rest of the world, they get told beautiful stories about their great ottoman empire, that never did anything wrong and is the best empire in the world... Naturally the Armenian genocide never happened.... at least if you believe their history...

I invite everyone to compare the Turkish Wikipedia pages (with Google translate) to English Wikipedia, about all kinds of historical subjects, you will be... AMAZED.. of what you read,...

Government teaching in schools is even worse naturally.

And people wonder why turkey is not part of the European union yet...

:cry:

Ivan the Awesome said:
Approximately 20,000[7][8][9] Chians were killed or starved to death and 23,000 were exiled. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Chios
There isn't a Turkish version of that wikipage. I wonder why.

Hopefully this discussion will stop... This type of discussion just starts flame wars and never ends well

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom