The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Elsa Tapfer (Last being a soldier name she kept after leaving the army)
Nationality: Prussian
Appearance: A prussian uniform and a musket that she managed to take with her when she got kicked out of her regiment.
Background: Ran into some trouble that she doesn't want to speak of at her home, and joined the army, acting to be a male, was discovered and forced to leave the army, and is now seeking to fight for someone who allows female soldiers.(the player)

There. Done-ish. I'll delete the old WIP one

Gunny said:
I'm giving it a go, based a bit off a historical fiction short story I wrote a few years back
Name: Jakob Beck (alternatively, "Beck" or "Herr Beck")

Nationality: Some sort of German, it is not really known, and he tends to randomly put together letters and add burgh at the end when asked where he is from.

Appearance: The upper part of his face juts out further than his jaw, that coupled with his very large nose (though more pointed than wide) makes him almost look bird-like. His hair is of a reddish-brown color and his moustache is done in a cavalier style. He also rather enjoys wearing the braids that are the sign of Hussars, though whether or not he was ever a hussar or not is unknown

Description: A very odd, yet very tough horseman, Beck is one of those who appears to fight for nothing more than the fight itself, and of course the benefits gained from embellishing these stories to the lovely young ladies in the taverns. It is not quite known where he come from, but he speaks heavily accented German and prefers wearing a black pelisse, similar to the Leib Hussars of Prussia. Whatever his actual origins, Beck claims to have fought under every banner in Europe, and recounts that his last adventure saw him rescuing a particularly buxom frau, that knew how to thank a man properly, from a rather insane Count in Montenegro, invariably including a good deal of sword fighting, several monsters, and a unusually helpful primate named Jim. He also claims to have laid with Marie Antoinette, bested King George III in a duel, and even to have smuggled Louis XVII out of France for a bottle of vintage 1701 Sauvignon Blanc.

In 'reality' Beck is actually the son of a disgraced Prussian noble. He is an impeccable horseman whoring out his skills as a common sell-sword. While it is true that he really had fought with nearly every nation, his true allegiance lies with Prussia, where he hopes to one day return a great war hero and reclaim the honor his father gambled away. However, this is a long ways in the future, and for now, as Prussia sits under the French yoke, Beck bides his time until he may return and help liberate his beloved country, but he does not share this knowledge liberally.

Basically: Eccentric Prussian Horseman (dialogue can use Preunglish, sort of half German half English, replacing w's with v's, the with z's, etc.) starts off with a Leib Hussar jacket, enjoys a good fight, harbors a well veiled resentment towards Frenchmen (one companion issue could be that he seemed rather more vicious than usual and cut down even those who surrendered if it's possible to make it so that this only triggers when fighting against the French, but even so should 'invent' reasons to have quarrels with the French members of the party) He enjoys a good wine, and even more so a good rut, which could also bring him into conflict with any party members that hold themselves to a higher moral standard. His best skill should be with the 1 handed sword, as he is a cavalryman through and through.

His reason for joining is obviously a search for a new commander, more women, and more wine, and his reason for leaving to go back to Prussia and help to liberate his beloved homeland.

If this piques any interest I could generate the face

I Salute You In the Face of Death....... Gunny :twisted:

from a rather insane Count in Montenegro

If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

Vicccard said:
from a rather insane Count in Montenegro

If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

If any of this would be...true... That person could be described as Knez ( Duke ) Medzho Pejovich :razz: Sincerly a madman.

After the victory was secured, Montenegrins captured the Ottoman leaders, put them in a house and burned it to the ground. The rest of Montenegrins chased the remaining Ottomans soutward, forcing them into a fast retreat.

M. Pejovich back than was a serdar, something like an Adjutant, he commanded that glorious massacre over the Ottoman officers :smile: Truly madness hahah :grin: (Ps. the text is from one old Montenegrin history book <from 1910>  ) 

Captured Joe said:
The Count of Monte Negro...

Monte = Mountain / Valley to be more accurate
Negro = Black <Latin>

Crna Gora (in Montenegrin language) = Black Valley
:razz:

Captured Joe said:
The Count of Monte Negro...

This reminds me to ask if Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo) could be added as a hirable character?  I would suggest adding him as the Count, but it would be inaccurate with the timeline in the book.  Dantes could be a French sailor that has high survivability, melee skills, and intelligence. 

For the love of all that is sweet and holy keep those freakin' memes out of this thread.

Since there are already so damn many companion entries posted, I figure I'll end the contest now and start going through them. Tons of good entries, judging ought to be tough.

Anyhow, I figure it's about time we get some screenshots in here.

I actually made the Bavarian Infantry uniform earlier, but hadn't had time to put the finishing touches on it. Here it is for your viewing pleasure.

These are your basic line infantry Fusiliers dressed in the uniform of the 13th regiment, which I think was the best of the Bavarian regiments.

bavarianinfantry.jpg

bavarianinfantry2.jpg

bavarianinfantry3.jpg

bavarianinfantry4.jpg

bavarianinfantry5.jpg

bavarianinfantry6.jpg

bavarianfusilier.jpg

Still some small things that need to be done in addition to some variations and campaign versions. I also forgot to give them their sabres, so ignore that.

That's all for now. Thankee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom