The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeknite1

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
Sorry for the crappy image, I'm not a Napoleonic expert in fact I dont know much about it. But I do hope to learn more because it is  very interesting. But I think I would be cool to add a little red plume like in this image.

zois

Veteran
WBNW
Best answers
you had some time to hear from me but i was stuck with NW. anyway i have a small question will the grenadiers throw grenades?

11sparky11

Master Knight
WBNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
zois said:
you had some time to hear from me but i was stuck with NW. anyway i have a small question will the grenadiers throw grenades?
As far as I know grenades of that type were obsolete by now.

Bravo2255

Knight at Arms
WBNW
Best answers
There is a difference of Grenade on a hat, and a Grenade that blows up. I never understood it. Or is that the actual grenade on their helmet, and they just take it of, and do what is needed?

Evil Cereal

Bravo2255 said:
There is a difference of Grenade on a hat, and a Grenade that blows up. I never understood it. Or is that the actual grenade on their helmet, and they just take it of, and do what is needed?
There is somthing on their hat that is called a "grenade"?  :eek:

Captured Joe

Marquis
Best answers
A small copper plate in the shape of a bursting grenade.

The Grenadier's device. Later other units got to bear that devise on thier uniforms as well.

Agovic

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBNW
Best answers
Lolz, if it was the real grenade...And a bullet hit it.... What do you think would happen :O ? XD

HorsieMAN

Recruit
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
Agovic said:
Lolz, if it was the real grenade...And a bullet hit it.... What do you think would happen :O ? XD
      That's some Sniper Elite V2 stuff there.                "Boom Grenade Shot!!!"

Vicccard

Master Knight
Best answers
Agovic said:
Agovich said something that makes sense...GOOD JOB SIR! GOOD JOB!  :grin:

Okay, serious; grenadiers wore little grenade signs on their hat and on the back of their uniform. Same as voltiguers, who had little horns, and Fusileers who had hearts or N's

TWking

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
Will there be any military police(manhunters in native) I don't know what they are called.

Will they "arrest" deserters etc

Best answers
TWking said:
Will there be any military police(manhunters in native) I don't know what they are called.

Will they "arrest" deserters etc
The British version were (and I believe still are) called the Provost, which is headed by the Provost Marshal. Not sure what the military police were called in the other nations though. This doesn't reflect what Docm30 will call his MP's though if he has them.

Faewulf

Knight at Arms
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
Name: Frans Eberhardt
Nationality:Austrian
Appearance: A large unkept beard and many a scar from various brawls and fights, wearing a torn and tatter old austrian grenadier uniform. (Without the bearskin hat)
Description: Born to rich a farmer, he had a relativly good childhood. However, he was one troublesome child. Both stealing from bypassing traders and beating up his friends, leading to arguments with his father who in anger threw him out from the household at the age of fourteen. He then joined the army, fooling the recruiter making him believe that he was of age to join the army. He showed to be an extremely effective soldier, both at shooting and slaughtering by the bayonnet. But, the noisy kid he was he constantly got in trouble with his superiours and fellow rankers. A fact that grounded him a ranker and one day the captain had enough of his drinking and stealing, who had him lashed and then kicked him out of the army. The uncaring Frans has since travelled between different taverns getting into brawls and betting about whoever general is to win the next skirmish, he is now approaching the age of fourty

Best answers
Agovic said:
If I am right, there'll be the Gendarme.....
The Gendarmerie were indeed a military force, but they were primarily charged with policing civilians, although it's possible they may have served as actual military police as well at one point.

Captured Joe

Marquis
Best answers
Castellan Fortescue said:
The Gendarmerie were indeed a military force, but they were primarily charged with policing civilians, although it's possible they may have served as actual military police as well at one point.
They were also the guys who fought banditry and deserter parties in the rural areas, and arrested... what's the word... conscripts who didn't show up at the army... or something...

Also, they fought some real battles against Guerillas in Spain. Brave fellows.

Status
Not open for further replies.