The only explanation about NA Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Guys I have been thinking why the devs would prefer us to wait 40+ minutes for NA Siege game, if we ever get it in. I am going to assume they don't enjoy making our gaming experience trash, or a living hell. It must be, that having a NA siege server on the list where people can join, could potentially make the server unstable and lead to more crashes. This is the only rational explanation. A child could see that the current set up isn't working. SO there has to be a rational reason why the are not opening up Siege server on the list.

In theory this to easy of a fix, that would make many people happy. I refuse to believe they are just jerks.

So my thoughts they are not putting up a NA siege server on the list due to the server being made unstable. I gather they would rather no one play siege, than there be a few crashes.

If I had to make the choice, I would choose a server on the list.

Seige matches aren't starting because the minimum amount of players queuing (60 players for 30v30 minimum) is not ever reached. This unfortunate because most of the prospective multiplayer community gave up because of constant server crashes in the first week of EA release. My guess is it will continue being difficult to find a siege match until a major update or the full release of the game when a new wave of players tries it out.

As for the crashes I'm not sure if the issue is bad game code or a bad server service provider that Taleworlds is using for cheap - or both. The devs haven't commented on this besides saying fixing crashes has been a priority of theirs, and I have noticed an improvement since April. However, now the issue is that most multiplayer players left because of bad servers and there are no longer enough players to start a match.

I think changing siege from matchmaking to a custom server for now would be a smart idea as the player base currently is too small to start a match.

If custom siege server is not going to be a thing for a while at least lower the amount of people needed for the warmup phase to start. If people could run around warm up while we wait for 60 people to start a 30v30 (which is a shame because 30v30 siege is pretty boring) i suspect the games would pop a lot quicker. Nobody wants to sit in queue for 20+ minutes watching the number fluctuate between 30-50 people waiting constantly.

If custom siege server is not going to be a thing for a while at least lower the amount of people needed for the warmup phase to start. If people could run around warm up while we wait for 60 people to start a 30v30 (which is a shame because 30v30 siege is pretty boring) i suspect the games would pop a lot quicker. Nobody wants to sit in queue for 20+ minutes watching the number fluctuate between 30-50 people waiting constantly.
Totally agree,

Do we have a confirmation there will be no NA siege server? and if so, their reasoning as to why not? Skirmish and Captain are fun game modes in their own right, but require a ton more coordination and concentration to be successful. Siege used to be an enjoyable past time mode with actual objectives (looking at you tdm). It seems that 120 player minimum bug has damaged the player base at least for the immediate future as now there are simply never enough players searching for it to matter.

NA Siege server in the custom game mode would be highly appreciated, and thoroughly utilized.

I would bump this 10 times if I could ..same goes for EU obviously. The thing with matchmaking for siege is that it is super frustrating to wait ages in matchmaking (or warmup for that matter) for a single match of siege where you are stuck with whatever faction RNG bestowed upon you, only for it to crash a few minutes into the actual match.

The faction aspect would be less severe if you could chose your own equipment of course, but the way it is now getting Khuzait for example just puts you in a ****ty position if you like infantry melee combat because you can't get a decent loadout for that playstyle with the class system.

Even if running it via a server on the server list would make it crash more often, at least people would be able to boot up the game and get into the siege gameplay right away which is infinitely less frustrating than the way things are now .. the most frustrating part for me about crashing is not the crash itself but the prospect of being stuck with that matchmaking/warmup **** for another 15 minutes if I want to have another chance at playing some siege, I am barely bothered by TDM servers disconneting me for instance as I can just join back up right away. It's almost as if they are trying to kill the MP on purpose with bad decision making.

Last edited:
I would bump this 10 times if I could ..same goes for EU obviously. The thing with matchmaking for siege is that it is super frustrating to wait ages in matchmaking (or warmup for that matter) for a single match of siege where you are stuck with whatever faction RNG bestowed upon you, only for it to crash a few minutes into the actual match.

The faction aspect would be less severe if you could chose your own equipment of course, but the way it is now getting Khuzait for example just puts you in a ****ty position if you like infantry melee combat because you can't get a decent loadout for that playstyle with the class system.

Even if running it via a server on the server list would make it crash more often, at least people would be able to boot up the game and get into the siege gameplay right away which is infinitely less frustrating than the way things are now .. the most frustrating part for me about crashing is not the crash itself but the prospect of being stuck with that matchmaking/warmup **** for another 15 minutes if I want to have another chance at playing some siege, I am barely bothered by TDM servers disconneting me for instance as I can just join back up right away. It's almost as if they are trying to kill the MP on purpose with bad decision making.

as of yesterday around 9:00 pm siege was working for me pretty well. getting into games, no crashes, 60v60.

Give it a shot!

From what I've gathered from statements regarding Siege, there are multiple issues with it they likely want to tackle before throwing up a server for it. It sounds like one of the issues player population, that having the max 120 or around there for a while will crash the server. If they put up a server on the list that likely would mean it would crash more often and not simply reset every so often like the TDM servers are set up to do. Which, I think would be a lot more frustrating to deal with than the situation currently is. That's just one of the issues I've gleaned from statements.

Of course, they've also stated they would like to work on getting servers more stable and handle even more players. So, while it sucks, I think they're making the right decision in just keeping it with matchmaking now until they're ready to really test out something they've hammered together. I'm looking forward to them working and making things better at least in regards to Siege as I'd say it's one of my favorite modes, I'll remain patient for now and play Skirmish to hold me over until then though.

Back
Top Bottom