SP - General The one man left scenario in Sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Lornloth00

Knight at Arms
Sometimes in a siege there is just one man left that gets stuck some where in the scene that is hard to find. If this happens when there is just one unit left the game should declare the side with more than one unit after a set amount of time the victor of the siege.

If the player is unconscious then that means that the player cannot intervene and find the lost or hidden enemy unit and kill them to win the siege. The AI will not be able to find a unit that is stuck in between the gates or in some tower that is hard to locate. Some times the unit is stuck inside of wall mesh or stuck in a buggy location. If a counter and a timer checks to see if the enemy side has greater than one unit left alive then it can lead to a victory. Maybe the unit surrenders because the unit will die if they are out numbered.

In fact the number for this variable could be higher than one maybe if its 10 units that are clear out number after about 3 or five minute those units then surrender leading to victory.

Hold tab, click "retreat" at the bottom of the stats page and then autoresolve the rest. If they have only a single unit left then it will be gg.

@Op
Yeah, this has happened for me as well a few times. Yours is a good fix that will work well together with custom scenes as well, where there may be problems also.
Hold tab, click "retreat" at the bottom of the stats page and then autoresolve the rest. If they have only a single unit left then it will be gg.
This is a good option. But when a lot have retreated to the keep, you will also need to fight them in the autoresolve, unless you do the siege all over.

@Op
Yeah, this has happened for me as well a few times. Yours is a good fix that will work well together with custom scenes as well, where there may be problems also.

This is a good option. But when a lot have retreated to the keep, you will also need to fight them in the autoresolve, unless you do the siege all over.
Actually... funny story about this - I found an exploit that I was holding off on telling anyone about until I post a video about it but I can share it here: If you notice the enemy is retreating heavily and you will have to fight a keep battle (not sure the exact number, but 30 or more seem to guarantee it) you can simply retreat BEFORE the battle ends, auto resolve the last bit and it bypasses the keep defenders because troops cannot physically retreat in auto resolve battle. Everyone will either be dead or wounded. It's certainly an exploit and probably not intended and I was planning on reporting it once I got the video edited but if someone else has time to do it before then, go for it!

Back
Top Bottom