The Old Assassin Hunt topic (closed and not actual)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
making them run away brings several problems with it: First of all you could simply test if the people around you are bots or not if you simply draw your weapon. If a player does not see that because he can for example not see you, all bots around him run away and he does not know why and everyone sees he is an assassin. Second thing is that making them run away is ahrd to scrip,t at the moment I would have no idea how I could do this. I think the system works good as it is atm.

Matthieu said:
I totally disagree with the minimap and the whispers, if you can blend yourself in with the bots, you should be rewarded with the knowledge that your safe,

Though i think that when an Assassin killed an Assassin, the townsfolk should run away and scream, or when an Assassin draws his weapon.

Whispers: Lets someone know that their being hunted.

Minimap: Shows the general location of a target. Otherwise how else are you going to find your target if he plays silent? Right now there is basicly no way to tell bot from player. And players would still be hard to find if they blend with bots etc.

Two servers should be hosting Assassin Hunt atm. It's a real dedicated server so they should be open the hole day. But our server isn't very good atm, so it could be that we have to close one of the two server. Have fun.
The servers are hosted by the IT Clan.

As you ahve no single target but every player is your target. So a minimap would make no sense. I don't see any other reason for a minimap either.

I was talking about other modes.

And Gothic server somehow only does Swadia vs Norse. And sometimes you hear horse sounds.

The horse sounds are intended. And well, I did not hear anything from the Gothics till now. Seems like they have the wrong server template.

There is a new update released. Changes:

- added NPC merchants (they do nothing atm)
- You can now walk and don't need to run. Hold the "shift" key for this. Due to Warband, you can not assign another key than "shift" for that. So I recommend assigning the zoom key to another one, I use "q".
- added a new map (a very big one, thx to Reggae.)
- added a new system: If the server has more than 8 slots, there will be 100 instead of 70 bots.
- Minor weapon balance tweaks, nothing interesting here
- you are now only kicked when having -10 points and not longer if you kill 10 town walkers in total, the system i first tried for this did not seem to work.
- there is a new folder called "Server Templates" in the module folder where you cna find a predefined server template to host a dedicated server if you want to. Simply change things like password, welcome message, slot number and server name, the other things should stay as they are.

Download

In the .rar-file is a Assassin_Hunt folder, in this folder there should be a "Server Templates" folder which contains a file named "Sample_AH.txt".
But there is one failure in the file, there is no command start. You have to add it on the end of the file.

I cannot connect to servers because it says I don't have the module, what do I re-name it to?(Come online to Assassin hunt now, please!)

IT_Fox said:
In the .rar-file is a Assassin_Hunt folder, in this folder there should be a "Server Templates" folder which contains a file named "Sample_AH.txt".

Wasn't that, my download got interuppted so I was missing half the files, fixed now though :smile:.

Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom