The Old Assassin Hunt topic (closed and not actual)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey again!

As I played, I came with a new suggestion...

Sometimes, when I notice a player, and I want to kill him, I follow him and close up on him. And then when I draw my dagger, my character's movement speed is reduced and I fail to land the hit. And in some cases, the prey notices me and I'm screwed.

So, the suggestion would be that when you draw a weapon, your movement should stay the same. Maybe even increase, when holding a dagger, since their reach isn't long. Yeah :p.

I dont know if it is possible to do that. At least for Race Wars Bloodshed, with Acces to WSE then, I will do it if its possible.

Eddiemeister said:
Hey again!

Sometimes, when I notice a player, and I want to kill him, I follow him and close up on him. And then when I draw my dagger, my character's movement speed is reduced and I fail to land the hit. And in some cases, the prey notices me and I'm screwed.

So, the suggestion would be that when you draw a weapon, your movement should stay the same. Maybe even increase, when holding a dagger, since their reach isn't long. Yeah :p.

Have you never noticed when you play native that you go slower when you about to attack? Thats what is happening. It's not the mod.

Patta said:
I would be carefull with sounds, this mod indeed does changes on sounds. It makes some sounds louder and so on. You would not hear many sounds if i did not. But textures should work without problems.

k thx, ill try textures first.

I still defend my idea of killing merchants and smiths having no effect whatsoever in score, or letting other players see that u killed them for taking their identity silently.
Another suggestion would be if you could introduce interiors, like entering a tavern and churches. Here all bots would have to remain still, and none moving. This would really add gameplay to the mod, for example you can only eat in tavern, which orientates mod to real life a bit more

Otherwise keep up the good work, this mod is awesome

Lannistark said:
I still defend my idea of killing merchants and smiths having no effect whatsoever in score, or letting other players see that u killed them for taking their identity silently.
Well, I can't disable the message. I could maybe make it that you don't get a penalty, yea. Will do that.

Another suggestion would be if you could introduce interiors, like entering a tavern and churches. Here all bots would have to remain still, and none moving. This would really add gameplay to the mod, for example you can only eat in tavern, which orientates mod to real life a bit more
This is planned for Race Wars Bloodshed, because there we have WSE and much more is possible. Some special events will be there too. But I will not add interiors to this version of the Mod, it would require very to work. I must set my priorities on Race Wars. Originally i did not even plan on releasing an update that contains anything else than bugfixes for this :wink:

Otherwise keep up the good work, this mod is awesome
thx.

Well, I can't disable the message. I could maybe make it that you don't get a penalty, yea. Will do that.

Then at least hide out the bodies because it's a bit evident when you find someone standing infront of the armory with the exactly same clothes as that man lying there on the floor, dead  :cool:

As Patta said I've got 4 Screenshots for you. You can guess what it shows, but I won't say a word about it.

C169CBD5F24BEEFAD71AE512717C28A6B7F69938

545593D94BC5AF28410176B304E37ED51213275B

5CED5751688D24B076002DEE2EA3D5F2FC77852D

CBE18888C69C6FD92D381381B1A74A348F1BDDC2

Also, another big announcement: We started an Event for people that want to test Version 2.0 of Assassin hunt! Look into the second post on page 1 for more information.

Have fun! I am waiting for your pms!

Kekse said:
As Patta said I've got 4 Screenshots for you. You can guess what it shows, but I won't say a word about it.

C169CBD5F24BEEFAD71AE512717C28A6B7F69938

545593D94BC5AF28410176B304E37ED51213275B

5CED5751688D24B076002DEE2EA3D5F2FC77852D

CBE18888C69C6FD92D381381B1A74A348F1BDDC2

I demand information.

TheSmithy said:
Eddiemeister said:
Hey again!

Have you never noticed when you play native that you go slower when you about to attack? Thats what is happening. It's not the mod.

(I'm Eddiemeister, just changed name :smile:)

Of course I have noticed. But it's more suitable for this mod to NOT reduce movement speed. I mean, imagine, if you'd run to assassinate somebody. It's guaranteed that you'd speed up. Not slow down?

And thanks Patta, and I guess that's unfortunate. And what is this Race Wars Bloodshed you're talking about :smile:?

As there ware only around 10 people and thus not enough for a test, we did not do the test. So we probably need to release the new version without a big test, so it could be a bit unbalanced. We will cork on that then when there were some people that tested it.

Found some Bugs in the newest version, I have to fix them. For example some events did not trigger any longer, and I need to fix them before the release, so it could take a bit longer than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom