The Official Unofficial Battle of Wavre Event Feedback Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

As teh name implies, post your feedback about the recent event.
I, being a member of the most unlucky Prussian regiment ever, had quite good feelings about it, very fun to play, but all those different people crashing made it kind of weird.
Now, express YOUR feelings :wink:

Well, it was amazing, bu i crashed nearly 10 times and i played with 7-10 fps. I think new trees causes it, because there were lots of duplicates of a tree at the same place.

Went quite well as korps artillery, but the range of the cannons is really poor on such a big map. We scored decent hits in the first 2 rounds and after that infantry avoided us.

The massive fps impact sucked however.

And i agree that it's probably the trees. They cover much more screen now.

Antifiriz said:
Well, it was amazing, bu i crashed nearly 10 times and i played with 7-10 fps. I think new trees causes it, because there were lots of duplicates of a tree at the same place.

Having overlapping trees won't lag the game, it would just be the large amount of trees that would lag (If the trees were the cause of the problem).

Soo, Jaegers 95th.. That cannonball ay? Ill raise my hands up for that being my fault, I didnt realise about our cannons falling. Too much noise going on around etc, and another excuse (Ive come armed to the teeth with excuse :wink:) I wasnt meant to be commanding today so I was lost in a sea of command structure confusion.
Twas very fun though, I personally think it was better then waterloo.
Tom.

I thought it was a fun event even though a lot of people were crashing and there were some glitchy moments. The best part was when the Landwehr were forced to retreat in a small building and had to fend off against 3 infantry regiments. The building was full of smoke and we couldn't see anything making melee almost impossible. So I got randomly shot in a hall way but it was one of the most epic moments in MM.

I loved it when I had my regiment move up the the bridge, and on the way there half the jaeger regiment was decimated by a friendly cannons XD

So, you dont crash becouse of trees, you crash becouse of the mapsize. Same was for waterloo. I crashed one time.

In my opionion cannos worked really good. One time they killed half of our regiment and in one of the last rounds someone killed a whole regiment with one shot. It was really difficult to get out of the cannon radius without retreating to much, and I ever feared to charge the cannons becouse they are really powerfull on long ranges.

lord_olafson said:
So, you dont crash becouse of trees, you crash becouse of the mapsize. Same was for waterloo. I crashed one time.

In my opionion cannos worked really good. One time they killed half of our regiment and in one of the last rounds someone killed a whole regiment with one shot. It was really difficult to get out of the cannon radius without retreating to much, and I ever feared to charge the cannons becouse they are really powerfull on long ranges.

The prussian cannon could only really shoot at one side of the river. because the other side pretty much was out of range. Although some kills were made.

If the range would've been bigger then we could've shot into their spawn. Also not good.

We destroyed one line that sat down right infront of the cannon and didn't move, but that was their fault.

The two cannons in the french spawn didnt seem to have any use though. Other side of the river was out of range, and it had no visual on the plain behind it. 2 cannons to defend a bridge pretty much.

Oh all cannons were used. I saw all cannons. But youre right most cannon kills were made with the two cannons at the wood bridge

For the time that I was able to play I must say that I had a lot of fun.
Especially getting our whole regiment except two people destroyed by one cannon shot was just amazing.

well, i can say that i loved leading the hussars yesterday :smile:

loved the last two rounds where we had to cover the retreat of a few regiments, and more so, protecting our dragoons bugging out over the bridge and we prepared to counter charge to give them time.

awesome mod and awesome event, just sucked that i played it at 7fps the whole event and 3/4 of my regiment couldnt play cos of crashes.

Thats weird. Our regiment had so high attendance that we were the biggest regiment of the event and nearly noone of us crashed. Only 2-3 guys crashed sometimes, but they noone was unable to attend.

Well the event itself seemed like a great success, a lot of people attended.
Although the new patch might have ruined the game for me, i usually get max 14 fps in any map, and in some max 6. I don't really see what the problem is, i ran the last mod on high settings and when i play this on lowest it is still equally laggy :/

Back
Top Bottom