The official cataphract thread

Users who are viewing this thread

(Old pics)

Vid look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JxMdaON_3s

This is the first of 2 troop sets ive put together for Seleucid Empire, featuring Hellenic cataphract.

cata1.jpg

cata2.jpg

cata3.jpg

cata4.jpg

cata5.jpg

cata6.jpg

cata7.jpg

cata8.jpg

cata9.jpg

Really Seleucia is the only faction which will have them, as I am just showcasing some of the work. Of course a few other factions will have some close runners up to being called cataphracts.

FIRST COMMENT!
E I love you so much.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH GOD DAMN IT
These are freaking amazing.
You have just made my day.

HAIL EALABOR

I just noticed the awesome columns that are part of the building behind one of the catas!
This looks awesome. Screw Sparta. I'm playing this first.

Wow those are amazing pictures ealabor! and a very good background with the boat!
You have entirely changed M&B into another thing, much better!  :mrgreen:
Congratulations bro!

Seleucid will be FIRST on my game!!!
*Imagining wearing like Alexander in Alexander movie and charge along with them*
AWESOME !!!

Mmmm... That's the good stuff :smile:

Will they have some kind of shorter melee weapons as well? When dismounted they'd be shorted out fo' sho'

As amazed as I am Ealabor, I do have a small suggestion.

I was reading up on Cataphract history last night and found this about them:

Horse Armor:
The horses heads, and entire bodies, were covered by thick plates (like the texture of the ones you have but more head armor perhaps?)
the armor around their bellies was shorter, so the rider could control the horse better with his thighs. Also, after seeing the video, maybe increase the charge damage of the horses?

This links directly to this:
Rider Armor:
The riders wore masks/helmets that covered all their face except their eyes. Their necks down to their ankles was all covered with plate armor. (very similar to what you have) but their thighs were left with no plate armor as to control the horses better in combat.

Also, we all know what they were notorious for and that was their charge. Perhaps have a specific type of Kontus would have crouched lance for it? I don't know if thats possible to do, but these are little details that might add to realism and the power of these awesome Catas.

Information here is from this site here
http://www.allempires.com/article/index.php?q=cataphracts
Specifically from "a romance story that sets in Ethiopia "

Back
Top Bottom