The Official Art thread

Users who are viewing this thread

And if you're going to scan your drawing, do some bloody basic house work. You upload your drawings with all of the dirty piss spots and you don't even adjust the contrast.

Your drawings are completely fine, but they all lack any sort of depth or contrast. Imagine looking at a pencil drawing but through milk.

I spent literally 50 seconds editing your drawing so it actually looks like a drawing instead of a strange mess of washed out grey. Learn how to edit your art.

Tb6EgOi.png

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
And if you're going to scan your drawing, do some bloody basic house work. You upload your drawings with all of the dirty piss spots and you don't even adjust the contrast.

Your drawings are completely fine, but they all lack any sort of depth or contrast. Imagine looking at a pencil drawing but through milk.

I spent literally 50 seconds editing your drawing so it actually looks like a drawing instead of a strange mess of washed out grey. Learn how to edit your art.

Tb6EgOi.png

I truly think he is better off with the way he originally uploaded it; looking at your version Densetsu, the pencil lines are too dark. I'm not immediately seeing the picture the way I am with Joe's original, you've washed out the subtle areas to nothing and in so doing have made it worse. In short, there's too much contrast in your version.

His version already has completely blown out whites and terrible contrast, I feel like increasing the contrast isn't going to do much harm to what has already done by his rubbish scanner.

Fine. Here you go, here's one that doesn't "wash out the subtle areas"

q3mrPB3.png

DanAngleland said:
Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:

Tb6EgOi.png

I truly think he is better off with the way he originally uploaded it; looking at your version Densetsu, the pencil lines are too dark. I'm not immediately seeing the picture the way I am with Joe's original, you've washed out the subtle areas to nothing and in so doing have made it worse. In short, there's too much contrast in your version.

So long as you don't actually remove information by plunging the darks below zero or the lights above white, you generally want to set contrast as high as it can go. In Captured Joe's image the problem is thatthe scanner has blasted through the pencil with a bright white light and has removed all of the potentially dark areas. What densetsu has done is simply to return the image to a more readable state.

Captured Joe said:
Speaking about miracle weapons:
dd6b6wi-b8e2a0bd-7229-40a7-8ebe-c2686705d422.png
Really nice perspective, and good composition.
I agree with the criticism that it's lacking contrast. But it's not just a technical issue about post-editing.
It's also about pencil drawing technique. Using different types (soft/hard) of pencils to accentuate lighting and such.
Gustave Doré didn't have to use Paint.net.

Nothing, clearly.

You still need to make the picture monochrome/black and white. Your scanned image has a purple/pink tint to it when it ideally should not.

Also, do some spot removal. Remove all those little specks of **** around the drawings with a clone/brush/heal/mask/piss tool.

fH6Te.png

Back
Top Bottom