SP Fantasy The Oblivion Crisis - A TES4 Mod - Looking for team

Users who are viewing this thread

On interesting thing I was thinking about doing, was instead of the campaign map being a large territory/world, was to make a large battlefield. And each "castle" would be strategic point, and towns command posts.

QuailLover said:
On interesting thing I was thinking about doing, was instead of the campaign map being a large territory/world, was to make a large battlefield. And each "castle" would be strategic point, and towns command posts.

My god. I had this idea when I was first introduced to the scope of mods in M&B then proceeded to completely forget about it for a very, very long time.
Oh, I would ecstatic to kill some Thalmor !!!!
Honestly, who doesn't hate the Thalmor, hehe.

bigdaddy95 said:
Why don't you just do a smaller part of the Elder Scrolls lore and have a specific scenario? For instance: you could go back in time and do about the battle of Hammerfell (Forebears vs. loyalists vs. imperials) or you could do about the tribal warfare that always happens in black marsh (Dont know much about that really, could be making it up), hell, you could do something totally different within the elder scrolls universe and do about the akaviri lands (dont think they actually mapped out there, open to design), the possibilities are endless.

But whatever you do, don't do about oblivion.

Very well, also I really like the idea of the specific scenario and the giant battlefield, as stated above. Seems like a good idea.

xenoargh said:
My take is that if you've been lurking for a while and want to do stuff, that's great.

However.

1.  Working with Bethsoft's concepts, images and names, let alone art rips, exposes you legally.  It's not a great idea; if you got it built after a year of hard work and it was great, you'd get a C&D for a prize; Bethsoft does not appreciate competition.

2.  Using something like that as the source pretty much enforces that you do XYZ (a giant list) of design and coding things, let alone content, before players will give you kudos; basically, you've chosen something that would require a large team of reliable experts to assemble.

As an alternative, I'd suggest that perhaps you could build some magic code and start a basic fantasy mod.  Just writing a magic system that players (let alone AI) can use will be complicated enough that it will take a lot of work.  This engine isn't really designed very well for magic, but you can do it with some work and patience.  For example, you can design a magic system that uses special "guns" as the "magic staves"; each gun would execute different code when fired, or their shots would.  Code for how to make "guns" behave in special ways, use special animation and generally act in new ways can be found in Blood and Steel's source code, which comes with every release; feel free to read it and use it for whatever you wish.

I like the idea with the guns being staves, seems like a better idea than a newbie trying to code it from scratch eh? Your other points are also very valid, I see now why this was a bad idea. I especially liked your point about having to do the big XYZ thing. There would be really strict guidlines to do this.

Reilnur said:
I remember way back when I first started playing M&B back in '06, my first post was a suggestion for a Tamriel mod. When I realized what a silly idea that was, I went into hiding and rarely posted until the Warband beta got rolling.

What I'm trying to say is, this is just a phase we all go through at some point. If you want to keep up with it, feel free. In all probability however, you will be disappointed with the result, if there even is one.

I was considering going into hiding, then I took Reilnurs response to the brain.

All in all you guys have been a really friendly bunch, and I thank you all profusely.

Back
Top Bottom