The next Call of Duty

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes people, within a number of seconds...
This many seconds.

... the next call of duty game shall be announced. As of yet I have not been able to find out about the name or even wether it is a sequal to Black Ops.

Are you also getting tired of Call of Duty, or are you really looking forward to the next game (which will be released in November like usually)?

Honestly, I'm amazed people still play it. It just became the same **** over and over since CoD 4 and it's now at what? 8 games?

If they would drop everything that we associate "Call of Duty" with and start from scratch, I'd have more interest. Perhaps an engaging story based linear shooter in which I gave a rat's backside about the characters, with interesting and new ways to go about an FPS.

Instead we'll see Call of Duty 4: Revision 2: Version 3.

I wonder what the game of 2013 will be? It's unlikely that there'll be another MW. That storyline ended with the death of Makarov and Soap.

Edit: On the other hand, Soap died for a second time in MW3 -_-

The game will be called Call of Duty 7: Swedish Warfare

The story unfolds with Sweden under the leadership of a new communist dictator, invading Norway and setting of WWIII after bombing Russia/America/China(as they try to intervene and save the Norwegians). Finland allies with the new Swedish regime and invades the Baltic nations.

The game will follow Private Herman Johanson, as he fights from Oslo to Moscow and beyond.

There are also rumors of a second campaign as the Finnish conscript Petteri Häkkinen but it will probably be a DLC.  :???:

It will also be the first time the secret "IKEA" engine is used after several years of development.

Early Alpha screenshot:
images

Early render of protagonist:
images

Eh. I played CoD 2 and 4. Though I enjoyed both, that's enough CoD for a lifetime until they add something new to the games. A mix of ArmA and CoD would be fabulous. Short missions and actiony gameplay, but with a big open area and vehicles and ****.

I mean in singleplayer. I have no intention to touch MP fps games with a ten foot clown-pole. I imagine there's plenty of 14-year-old hyper caffeinated freaks who play the game 18 hours a day who don't really give a chance unless you turn into one of them.

Every CoD game has a SP campaign that consists of short linear missions with a lot of scripts.. ArmA games have SP campaings and missions too, but they tend to suck. Operation Flashpoint has the best campaign.

I'd like to see a Call of Duty that actually pretends to be somewhat realistic.

No regenerating health. Hipfiring while strafing is useless. Sighting down the weapon while strafing is slightly less useless, but still pretty useless. The prone position is the best (in terms of accuracy and cover) fighting position. Left and right lean. Vehicle warfare. Sniper rifles useless in close quarters combat. Hand to hand combat conducted with rifles or the firearm currently being held, not insta-kill knives. No akimbo. Body armor actually being effective (2 rounds to the chest will not kill an unarmored person, let alone a person wearing modern body armor with ceramic plates). No crosshair. Magazines actually load by magazines, not magical transfer of rounds from one mag to the next. Slower reloads. Weapon jams. Shotguns useless except at extreme close ranges. Pistols useless. SMGs pretty ineffectual against body armor. Friendly fire. Gravity and wind affecting bullets. Every round is not a tracer round. Factions in multiplayer only have access to weapons that that faction actually uses. Random street gangs don't have access to AC-130s and nukes. Every chopper in the world doesn't get shot down. Every mode of ground transpo doesn't explode. No grenade indicators.

And most importantly, for every round you fire, you're doomed to cleaning the weapon for at least 30 minutes. :lol:

I remember when I first saw someone playing Call of Duty 3, we couldn't quite figure out the logic behind regenerating health.

I also remember the first sniper mission on Call of Duty 1, sitting in the balcony of a tank factory sniping a dozen or so Krauts while your comrades were either refilling a tank's fuel or opening the door. Not quite sure the details.

Back
Top Bottom