The newbie in multi player experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dozer3115

Recruit
So ive played the first mount and blade, got an idea of combat and what not to do.
TDM= Is chaotic in the worst way imaginagable. Archers camp spawns, cavilry circles spawns and wrecking balls tumble weed around. Add to that the frequent spawns in the middle of the opposing team.

Siege= I have no idea what is going on. I just end up following the largest wrecking ball I see first. Breaking off and trying to do anything else leads to death to a vetran player who has left the fort and decided to flank. Then there is the impass of wrecking balls and stairs, no one wants to go down, no one wants to go up. But everyone is swinging like a lunatic from their side, whilst archers turn the tide one way or the other.

Polearms need to be couchable on foot, stabbing a horse charge directly in the face feels futile.
Polearm units seem to be pretty useless in general, archers kill them in two hits, most two handed weapons kill them in one and for a unit with practically zero armor their speed is a joke. Trying to learn to play and build momentum with this as your base unit is just frustrating.

For team game modes, there is only incidental team work. More team in flag only, the moment you spawn its like a black friday sale. Since there is no map (or planning stage), no squad grouping (think rising storm vietnam2) I dont see how it will improve. (other than joining a clan, using coms and fighting other clans)

Or am I just doing this all wrong?

No, you can't be blamed here. MP went into EA with no plan or direction, so now we're left with two chaotic and meaningless game modes, and two modes that are anything but fun in solo play. It's like you said, you can join a clan or get some friends for coordinated plays on captain or skirmish, or give up on MP until TW does something about the current situation. MP was a construction site during beta, and now it is an abondened construction site in EA.

Yeah it would be hard for new players in this environment. Battle was a good learning mode for me in warband because you actually have to try and if you do die you can watch good players to learn from them.. atm its just spam in a ball. 20v20 tdm would even be better to learn but 120 is too many.

Sounds exactly like how I would explain the multiplayer outside of Skirmish and Captain mode right now, chaotic, confusing and not really somewhere you can learn how to play.

Interesting that certain people on the forums who swear that new players enjoy the multiplayer now aren't here eh.

If you're struggling with the game I recommend joining a clan! It will give you a team of players to work together with and will make the multiplayer much more fun, plus you will learn from more veteran players. My clan, the Calradic Legion, is recruiting - so if you're interested you can always just hop on our discord!

While i don't agree on recruiting on threads like this about joining a clan, it seems like in its current state you are better to join a clan to learn the game.

Back
Top Bottom