The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY =

Master Mongolian Bow is better than Master Long Bow?
Mongolian=
10 Power draw, 13 dmg about (now some random numbers I don't remember) 96 accuracy 54 speed 1.3 weight
Long=
9 Power Draw, 13 dmg, 91 accuracy 51 speed 1.8 weight

I mean cmon? Mongolian bow having same dmg as long bow, requiring 1 more power draw, having better accuracy and higher speed as well lower weight.
I get that it can be faster and more accurate and weight less. But how the hell can it require more *skill* and have same dmg is beyond me?

One is as tall as a man other looks like a toy.

xat said:

Mongolian=
10 Power draw, 13 dmg about (now some random numbers I don't remember) 96 accuracy 54 speed 1.3 weight
Long=

I mean cmon? Mongolian bow having same dmg as long bow, requiring 1 more power draw, having better accuracy and higher speed as well lower weight.
I get that it can be faster and more accurate and weight less. But how the hell can it require more *skill* and have same dmg is beyond me?

Remember when that girl told you 'size doesnt matter' and you knew she was lying to you?

It's actually true here. 

coz mongol bow is recurved composite bow, which in the time was one of the best bows. before asking pointless questions one should learn abt the subject

Iscariott said:
xat said:

Mongolian=
Long=

Remember when that girl told you 'size doesnt matter' and you knew she was lying to you?

It's actually true here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok so I can buy long bow which is like siege crossbow or I can buy one I can use on horse that is simply better.

Balance ...

Last but not least, not everyone is a history geek, I might not know **** about the history of this time (besides knowing a name or two or a thing or two), doesn't change the fact that I might enjoy the game. It just you know balance should be there more or less.
Why is Mongolian bow harder to use than Long bow? For balance? Or other alien reasons, I mean its easier to use right its bend and all that new high tech late 12 century stuff right so why it requires more skill than drawing a big ass bow?

As a man who has use both, a Mongolian recurve bow 'stacks' more, making it slightly harder to draw, even if it is of the same draw weight. Plus, you get an inch more draw with the monogolian/thumbring draw.

xat said:
Ok so I can buy long bow which is like siege crossbow or I can buy one I can use on horse that is simply better.

Balance ...

Last but not least, not everyone is a history geek, I might not know **** about the history of this time (besides knowing a name or two or a thing or two), doesn't change the fact that I might enjoy the game. It just you know balance should be there more or less.
Why is Mongolian bow harder to use than Long bow? For balance? Or other alien reasons, I mean its easier to use right its bend and all that new high tech late 12 century stuff right so why it requires more skill than drawing a big ass bow?

Just because something is high-tech doesn't necessarily mean, that it would be easier to use (normally the opposite is the case, ... from Jets to water-boilers  ...)
And I guess LittleJP already stated a good technical answer to your question. Another way said: a long bow needs skill and much power to draw, a composite-bow needs
almost the same amount of drawing-power, but much more skill, BECAUSE it's made by 12 different materials, not only Ye (oder wie auch immer, Eibe heißt das verdammt ^^)

/ by the way: why you are even playing this mod, when u r not at some point, somehow interested in history ? honestly, that's not what  get :wink:

Ritter_Ronald said:
/ by the way: why you are even playing this mod, when u r not at some point, somehow interested in history ? honestly, that's not what  get :wink:

Because its the biggest most advanced/realistic mods that there are? I don't like guns or retarded settings so w F&S is not for me or other mods.
Didn't test many of them tried the brytenwaldia about 2 years ago and left it.
I mostly don't play mb now, just sometimes get a span of 1-x days when I do play it.
Vanilla is to boring so I run this mod.

You don't need to be a car fanatic to want a car rather than a bike for your communication needs, right?
And that's the difference here.

****, if you want a bike get a  fast bike. if you want to build a car build a car. this is a bad reference bro. run what you want. or dont.

hello I have had series of weird crashes every time I tried to start the game with or without a mod. it starts, it shows the paradox and talewolds intro but immediately after that it crashes. And i don't know why this happens considering the fact that a couple of months ago the game worked just fine. I tried to contact the steam support but they didn't answer.So please if anyone knows how I could fix this problem I would be grateful.

Thunderstriker said:
hello I have had series of weird crashes every time I tried to start the game with or without a mod. it starts, it shows the paradox and talewolds intro but immediately after that it crashes. And i don't know why this happens considering the fact that a couple of months ago the game worked just fine. I tried to contact the steam support but they didn't answer.So please if anyone knows how I could fix this problem I would be grateful.

You need to reinstall the game, if that does not work run a registry cleaner.  :mrgreen:

hi!
maybe some bugs:
- companions that i can hire via the new system do not negotiate with other kings if i send them to diplomatic missions - they even dont rejoin the party - i have to hire them again via the new system to get them back - here they have a "on mission" status - seems they do nothing about the mission they got - i waited about 2 weeks to have them back but they didnt ---

- companions that i can hire in my fiefs are the only ones who rejoin the party if the mission is accomplished
here it seems that they do not give a mission report with specific faction --- i noticed this with  denmark and regnum litus there are sure more

kalleschmitz said:
hi!
maybe some bugs:
- companions that i can hire via the new system do not negotiate with other kings if i send them to diplomatic missions - they even dont rejoin the party - i have to hire them again via the new system to get them back - here they have a "on mission" status - seems they do nothing about the mission they got - i waited about 2 weeks to have them back but they didnt ---

- companions that i can hire in my fiefs are the only ones who rejoin the party if the mission is accomplished
here it seems that they do not give a mission report with specific faction --- i noticed this with  denmark and regnum litus there are sure more

I just happened to me.

VOIEVOD said:
kalleschmitz said:
hi!
maybe some bugs:

I think the system allows you to hire companions who should not be hire-able. Several have specific skills and a player can choose an Orthodox, Catholic or Moslem among companions of various skill sets like monk or medic. Now I am not too sure, as the companions hired by inviting nobles work fine on missions.

I just happened to me.

Missions like seeking peace, or any other standard diplomatic mission. The companions recruited in the city menu are very prone to disappearing on routine diplomatic missions. The nobles recruited at hunts or by invite, work fine.

Glycerius said:
Missions like seeking peace, or any other standard diplomatic mission. The companions recruited in the city menu are very prone to disappearing on routine diplomatic missions. The nobles recruited at hunts or by invite, work fine.
Companions recruited from city doesn't even count as companions.
They don't go on missions they just go back to being able for recruitment from town.
Then they doesn't even count in retirement menu when you can retire from adventuring in camp.

Basically they are there but they are not.

Back
Top Bottom