The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

alekskoles said:
oroboros said:
I'll try to find some lord with a smaller party, which fits into 1 wave, fight him and let some of his soldiers escape and look what the outcome is.
You will have the same 2nd wave. I wrote above that I had a fight with lord and his 50 peoples without any rainforsments. The outcome - 2nd wave with 5 or 6 routers. My battlesize is 400 peoples, so in regular battles 1x1 - all enemies on the field. And abt 75% percents of fighting has such problems.

Hm, then I'm afraid I don't know any solution to this problem.

Verland said:
Thanks did it but still getting "runtime error" when i try a load saved game  :cry:

Maybe you want to look at this link http://code.google.com/p/dev1257/source/list?num=25 because your save might have even been on an earlier revision. In that link you can see which revision was released on which date. Then you can simply revert back to that particular revision your save works on.

oroboros said:
Uh, I can tweak the player's morale but I don't know how the values for the AI morale are working and can only guess in which part of the script they are calculated. I think this can hardly, if at all, be done without the Python module.
You can low the lords party morale if reduce their leadership in editor.

oroboros said:
Verland said:
Thanks did it but still getting "runtime error" when i try a load saved game  :cry:

Maybe you want to look at this link http://code.google.com/p/dev1257/source/list?num=25 because your save might have even been on an earlier revision. In that link you can see which revision was released on which date. Then you can simply revert back to that particular revision your save works on.

One thing I know for sure is in the game i was playing I never had "invite nobles to hunt"  i will keep on trying, thanks again you have been very helpfull

Verland said:
oroboros said:
Verland said:

One thing I know for sure is in the game i was playing I never had "invite nobles to hunt"  i will keep on trying, thanks again you have been very helpfull

got it to work ! i was on revision 85 , so ever time theres small update you have to start a new game? thats ok this mod is so good .

Verland said:
got it to work ! i was on revision 85 , so ever time theres small update you have to start a new game? thats ok this mod is so good .
This is the development version. It's not supposed to be user friendly and primaraly should be used by testers(or anyone wanting to help out by just report bugs and provide feedback). Unlike most other mods, we provide the general public with to the development version of our mod so they can give it a try, as we care about our fans.

alekskoles said:
You can low the lords party morale if reduce their leadership in editor.

This problem has most surely nothing at all to do with the party morale of the AI, as there are randomly horsemen, especially horse archers, getting onto the border of the map where they then disappear and so they are counted as 'routed'. Only in the end of a battle, if there are something like 10 enemies left will they, these 10 people, start to rout (which also is a sign of a very high morale, much higher than Native; in fact I would have to highten the AI morale to prevent the troops from routing, not lowering). But that doesn't solve the problem of the 'disappearing horsemen'. So if I would eliminate the trigger (for instance by setting the runtime to an unnormal high value in mission templates) that decides if the enemy troops are routing or not, you still have these disappearing horsemen, don't know how to solve that. There is also a subscript called decide_run_away_or_not in scripts.txt that deviates from Native, ie. it calls an additional trigger which Native doesn't have, it's this

dev1257
0 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 1 1735 1 1224979098644774912 1751 1 1224979098644774912 505 3

Native
0 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 1 1751 1 1224979098644774912 505 3

But I can't 'read' those differing numbers as I am no machine and have no compiler built into my brain  :grin:

There is also 2 scripts of decide_run_away_or_not in dev1257, they are both identical but one is called orig_decide_run_away_or_not and the other just decide_run_away_or_not. Don't know why, don't know how...

EDIT:
If I think about it, could still be that the difference in the above lines of numbers is from dev1257 using the scripts from 1.134 and the Native line I copied is from 1.143. But these are all guesses...

It's becouse the decide_run_away_or_not - is a new modified version and the orig_decide_run_away_or_not should be from native...

They might be either modified by othr or by the formation scripts we are using. But they probably have nothing to do with the extra renforcement thing, more likely having something to do with the troops runing away from the battlefield or not. I'm guessing, can't check them right now. I'll do when I have the time, which might not be soon.

DrTomas said:
Verland said:
This is the development version. It's not supposed to be user friendly and primaraly should be used by testers(or anyone wanting to help out by just report bugs and provide feedback). Unlike most other mods, we provide the general public with to the development version of our mod so they can give it a try, as we care about our fans.

was not complaining its truly a great mod ! I should help testing I know that but the game I was playing was so compelling I just could not give it up!

DrTomas said:
It's becouse the decide_run_away_or_not - is a new modified version and the orig_decide_run_away_or_not should be from native...

They might be either modified by othr or by the formation scripts we are using. But they probably have nothing to do with the extra renforcement thing, more likely having something to do with the troops runing away from the battlefield or not. I'm guessing, can't check them right now. I'll do when I have the time, which might not be soon.

Ah ok. But still there will be the problem remaining of the disappearing horsemen. I saw some of them sliding into the oblivion of 'routedness' because their horse was shot from beneath them near the end of the map.

Why not solving the problem in gameplay. Like for instance the lord calls you and your noble knights (your comapnions) to a last stand off, where he meets you in a last battle with his men. Or maybe see it as the last reserve the wounded lords called upon in order to give you a last resistance. If I am tired from these spontaneous routing actions, I sometimes simply KO them with ctrl+f4. But most of the times, as I've said above, I really enjoy engaging half a dozen lords with 10-15 of their men all on my own and see if I can take them down. I've sometimes even attacked 12 reincarnated lords with their remaining 1-2 dozens of their heavy mamlukes all on my own until either I got them all (which rarely happened) or they took me down upon which my men would charge them anyway. I don't see it as that much annoying. But I can understand that someone is easily annoyed, after fighting 1,500 men, to once again go into battle just because some enemies decided to go back to camp and wait until their buddies are all finished off in order then to come out and decide they'll fight you on your own. 

This is a great mod and I have had tons of hours of fun with it. I love historical mods and this is by far my favorite.

I have changed my sig to this mod to support the mod. I tried to endorse this mod on the mount & blade nexus but it gives me an error saying I cannot do that since I did not download it from that site. If there is any other way I can support the mod let me know.

Anyways, just wanted to say I appreciate all the efforts of those that work on this mod. Great work!

Is the vassals to your own kingdoms banner suppose to be the default in battle, and also if they own a fief theirs no banner behind there portrait? in battle if they have heraldric armor or the lance its the default checkered black and brown, instead of their proper banner.

How about feature which would allow enemy lords escape from battle? Like the player can. Something like they always have to fight the first round but after that if they have army of 10% of players army they would escape. This would solve routing problem :wink:

Hi,
First of all; thanx for a great MOD - keep up the good work!
Playing as an independent I decided to fight with the norwegians and set off to meet their Lords.
Being familiar with the norwegian language I was quite suprised when I encountered a Lord called "Badr i HesteBæ" (Bathing in Horse-sh!t).
I decided then to fight to a Lord that claimed the norwegian throne, but when I met him he started talking about scotish fiefs and taking the scotish crown, while he was wearing the english colours (3 english lions) on his chest.  :lol:
I would love to help you with some historical nowegian names of this period.

Best regards...

PanzerHue said:
Hi,
First of all; thanx for a great MOD - keep up the good work!
Playing as an independent I decided to fight with the norwegians and set off to meet their Lords.
Being familiar with the norwegian language I was quite suprised when I encountered a Lord called "Badr i HesteBæ" (Bathing in Horse-sh!t).
I decided then to fight to a Lord that claimed the norwegian throne, but when I met him he started talking about scotish fiefs and taking the scotish crown, while he was wearing the english colours (3 english lions) on his chest.  :lol:
I would love to help you with some historical nowegian names of this period.

Best regards...
no help needed,the norse territory is well researched..thanks  :wink:

only thing about russian territories that bug me, the mongol controlled towns should produce russian orthodox recruits if captured since it was russian territory but they did pay "mzda" or taxes to the horde. it wasnt like european part of russia populated heavily with mongols. inaccurate and also when you expand you will be stuck with recruiting pagan mongols from fiefs like smolensk and etc

You should be able to recruit russians. In fact to recruit mongols you have to go to there camps or to Sarai(and it's villages). The recently changed ones will have proper russian culture set at next revision.

Are you playing with the native recruitment? If so, things might be diffrent....

Back
Top Bottom