The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

small typo found. english army senor (what ever thats not it) milita foorman <-- thats the typo its ment to be footman

im being picky i know but it bugs me

I actually corrected quite a bit of spelling errors in English translation. If you want it I can shoot it to you.

I've applied the patch and most of my soldiers changed into muslim troops. I'm playing as a vassal of Kingdom of Jerusalem. I don't know if it's a bug or was meant for them to change.

LE: All the kingdoms have now random troops. Had a fight with a muslim general and he had European-like looking soldiers.

Dromichete said:
I've applied the patch and most of my soldiers changed into muslim troops. I'm playing as a vassal of Kingdom of Jerusalem. I don't know if it's a bug or was meant for them to change.

LE: All the kingdoms have now random troops. Had a fight with a muslim general and he had European-like looking soldiers.

when u upadte, u should start a new game..

me continuing to be picky,

when the game has a crusade starting it says

"crusade againse (kindom name) have started"

shouldn't it be has started not have as crusade is singular, unless you add s to crusade so that it says,

"crusade's (im not sure on the apostrifie) againse (kingdom name) have started"

as picky as i am it is with good intentions :smile:

For anyone who wants a corrected English translation file you can get it from here

http://www.2shared.com/file/pqTk_zPF/troops.html

Just save it into dev1257/language/en folder

JuJu70 said:
For anyone who wants a corrected English translation file you can get it from here

Is this a game-wide correction? What does it fix, just the incorrect spelling/grammar stuff throughout the game?

geala said:
Medieval armies did not use "cannon fodder" usually. Peasants were important for the economy on the one hand. Even if you had a lot of unnessecary religious fanatics it would also be a great danger that panic or the running away of untrained and unwilling warriors could infect the whole army. In reality you could not order a bunch of pixels to commit suicidal attacks.

I always use cannon fodder - its working quite well.  :twisted: I call it vanguard , though.

EdmundBlackadder said:
JuJu70 said:

Is this a game-wide correction? What does it fix, just the incorrect spelling/grammar stuff throughout the game?

Just the spelling for troopnames

two questions...1 some of my mercenaries (of band) are called "euro mounted (or cavalry I don't remember) mercenary, and "euro spearmen mercenary"...is correct?
2 I was accompanying a caravan, and some montes sicari, to capture it, went through me despite of my 50 soldier more....it' ok?

hirovard said:

shouldn't it be has started not have as crusade is singular, unless you add s to crusade so that it says,

Proper English would be 'A Crusade against [Kingdom name] has started.

Why is marshal AI so retarded? I'm vassal of Sicily, so they declare war on Hafsids and just run around looting villages and fighting some battles. Finally after 60 days of it when I managed to get most of their lords into my dungeon our marshal decides to take Tunis, then more fighting and then he takes a castle. Good, right? No. After that he becomes stuck in an endless loop of looting villages, by the time the last one is looted the first one is back to normal, so he starts over. Then Castille declares war. They don't even bother with looting villages, they just go straight and get castles, one after another.

So why is such a huge difference?

WoodyRex said:
hirovard said:

Proper English would be 'A Crusade against [Kingdom name] has started.
true, but i never said i have perfect grammer, just that the obvious mistakes really bug me xD

Earende said:
Be glad yours actually do something, my marshal just loves to hold big camping trips in his front yard.  :razz:

Catille's isn't that retarded. I bet if I join them he'll do the same sh!t

JuJu70 said:
Why is marshal AI so retarded? I'm vassal of Sicily, so they declare war on Hafsids and just run around looting villages and fighting some battles. Finally after 60 days of it when I managed to get most of their lords into my dungeon our marshal decides to take Tunis, then more fighting and then he takes a castle. Good, right? No. After that he becomes stuck in an endless loop of looting villages, by the time the last one is looted the first one is back to normal, so he starts over. Then Castille declares war. They don't even bother with looting villages, they just go straight and get castles, one after another.

So why is such a huge difference?

it is scripted (or modded somehow I dont know) that AI starts with looting all villages and if they succeed with that they start to take castles and cities. u can always improve ur relations and then tell them to besiege something. + its AI so it will never be smart enough to act like human would

but for the castille thing I dont know...maybe its messed up or somehow intended

Ok retardation continues

I talk to all lords at the feast and tell them about the place that can be taken. They all agree and no kidding the whole kingdom sails to Tripoli. One of them besieges it and they all stand around for a day, then our marshal (who's there) calls a new campaign, and guess what, they abandon siege and go loot more villages.

I think looting has way too high warscore, it should be considerably lowered. Winning a battle destroys your enemy and taking cities and castles removes manpower. There should be more dynamism in how the marshals selected, ours've been around since the war started, judging from his record he should've been removed long time ago.

Also AI can make some sorts of estimates, so ratio of enemy lords in field/total lords, castles left, cities left can be taken into consideration to decide on the new objective.

I again brought something amazing here :wink:

Behold, can you still imagine this is AD1257?

6948134113_acc62df5dc_b.jpg

6948139511_3114517b4a_b.jpg

6802037526_3540164680_b.jpg

Alright, something else after r74, sadly:
After you helped a warlord, after the battle, when he should thank you, he will just say "Halt! charge!".
And after the battle, I got three blocks of this kinds of red log:
Code:
Script Error on Optcode 541: Invalid Party ID: -1; Line NO: 150/157/171
At Script [10] game_event_simulate_battle.
In addition, although the length of the lance has been modified, the texture has not been widened accordingly, which means you cant hurt someone when your lance actually didn't hit him (on visual effect).

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom