The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Renaud de Châtillon said:
DrTomas said:
Some scenes (battle) near towns are bugged. Alot of trees are there (with weird textures) are there and its not possible to cross them. I noticed this near Ankara and Nicosia
gimme screenshots, please

Here is one

It happened quite alot latly.
Happened to me as well. One out of several battles will load for a long time and once done, it'll appear like this. Also, I just fought a battle near Tarsus, in a snow scene. Suppose to be a snowing there?  :wink:

This just happened outside of Acre
2012-03-05_00001.jpg

Also siege against Damacus showed some Graphic problems (Siege Offense). Right at the beginning there was some FOG that appeared/ dissapeared.
I was thinking that maybe Warband Tamer is causing this but Im not sure. Bassileus you are running warband tamer.exe ?
Btw what is that function in Mod options called "Number of times to reduce flora in custom battlefields" ? What value should I set there to get better performance ?
the scene is already fixed in my end,so dont worry it will be included  in some of the new updates

I know there was mention of having to pay upkeep for garrisons in towns and castles, but are lances actually supposed have to cost for recruiting them from villages because i know in the previous rev. there wasn't.

Sorry if I'm asking an obvious question.

Phaseos said:
I know there was mention of having to pay upkeep for garrisons in towns and castles, but are lances actually supposed have to cost for recruiting them from villages because i know in the previous rev. there wasn't.

Sorry if I'm asking an obvious question.

Lances cost only if you recruit them in peacetime. In times of war they are free to recruit.

DrTomas said:
Lances cost only if you recruit them in peacetime. In times of war they are free to recruit.

Ah, My mistake.

I was use to playing as The Teutonic order and decided to try playing as Sicily to switch things up, Should of checked to see if they where in war.

Thanks for the quick response.

hi, I tried to recruit some mercenary company in bristol and it was ok...then I went to other cities and I can't, even if it's written "THERE IS ONE COMPANY OF MERCENARY etc etc"....why? problem with the relation with the city?

gongo said:
hi, I tried to recruit some mercenary company in bristol and it was ok...then I went to other cities and I can't, even if it's written "THERE IS ONE COMPANY OF MERCENARY etc etc"....why? problem with the relation with the city?
NPC hires them as well. It will work a bit different in the future(npc will recruit from a diffrent pool then the player).

Warband Tamer
Sry Renaud i'm not using that program aside a short lived experiment with WSE i dont use any side programs with WB, regarding the fog encountered it to, but it`s not game breaking unlike the issue with battle scene coruption, and i figured buging Dr. Tomas about such a minor anoyance when thers so much new and tasty things in developement was not worth it :smile:

DrTomas said:
Perhaps there won't be any. But there's so much one person(me) can see on his own :razz:

and new revision
Essential core scripts adjusted and rewritten:
1. Troops are now equipped by scripts and not the game engine.
2. With the new scripts, troops are now equipped as they are intended.

I did not yet download the new revision. With the script system, will it still be possible to adjust the troops equipment via Morghs editor or similar? For example, some men of the same unit have boots, some not, some helmets, some not?

How's about being able to hire very cheap, low-waged and poorly armed/outfitted troops during a jihad or a crusade?
You know, religious fanatics who leave behind their farms and mills to join your cause, armed only with sickles and pitchforks.
Of course they'd just be cannon fodder (like in real life), but having a couple hundred peasants with you might even deter the AI a little, even if it has a smaller, better equipped force.
You could always send them in first to soften up the enemy before letting the real soldiers approach. After all, every arrow in the neck of a peasant is one less arrow for the enemy to use against the nobles.  :razz:

Medieval armies did not use "cannon fodder" usually. Peasants were important for the economy on the one hand. Even if you had a lot of unnessecary religious fanatics it would also be a great danger that panic or the running away of untrained and unwilling warriors could infect the whole army. In reality you could not order a bunch of pixels to commit suicidal attacks.

And even the poorest of soldiers would wear -some- protection, like really thick clothes, and unless they are beggars, a cheap spear and shield does not cost much .

------

Cavalry appear to be bugged, horse archers simply refuse to engage in melee when mounted, and just run into mobs of infantry and stand there for some time .

Back
Top Bottom