The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

crusader1223 said:
hi again

what & where do i get the SVN version

go to this thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,179290.0.html there everything is very good explained and don't be scared off either by the thread's title :smile: or by the tortoise thing because it's really easy, which you soon will see for yourself after following the steps.

Someone in our forum has just altered the animation of the lances, make the flags can swing according to the wind!
I will put a video preview here, and I'm now asking him whether he is willing to share this technique.
I hope it will help!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/924C08nYF2Q

thanks orobus

ived downloaded this version DEV1257  .  I HAVE A TOTAL OF3.54 GBITES 

THE PROMBLEM IM HAVING IS AT STARTUP IT SAYS -ERROR - GET OBJECT FAILED FOR TEXTURE: ARENA-ARMOUR B
and i get kicked out

ive tried looking for this file in the respository ,on my ad1257 etc etc & ant find it??im assuming its under the textures files

also - i tried update & get told cannot do it - acess denied .

im the administrator & run win7

anny help will be appreciated

thanks

david

with WIN7 & Vista you never have full admin rights, even if it is stated that you are an admin, look at this link for a general solution to this problem

http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f127/admin-rights-vista-windows-7-a-197772/

Read "Method 2: Using the Command Prompt" as the first part is somewhat technical

Another way to solve your problem might be in this thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,212733.0.html

As for the GET OBJECT FAILED - did you check "load textures on demand" in the options? It's right after you've started Warband and just before you start the game itself, there is a menu item called options

Any further problems might be solved by this thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

aflyhorse said:
Someone in our forum has just altered the animation of the lances, make the flags can swing according to the wind!
I will put a video preview here, and I'm now asking him whether he is willing to share this technique.
I hope it will help!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/924C08nYF2Q
Chinese invasion on Europe?  :eek:

The wind is done via vertex shader. Other mods like The Deluge have it. While I never tried it myself, you could probably use there shaders in other mods, including our own if you know how to (As long as you don't go spreading it around and keep it to yourself). Tho we can't implant them into our mod without permission from the creators. I probably should try and write a shader for 1257ad, but that won't be happening soon. Perhaps in the meantime an open source/free to use one will be made by someone in the community which we can implant and save the time of me learning HLSL.

crusader1223 said:
thanks orobus

ived downloaded this version DEV1257  .  I HAVE A TOTAL OF3.54 GBITES 

THE PROMBLEM IM HAVING IS AT STARTUP IT SAYS -ERROR - GET OBJECT FAILED FOR TEXTURE: ARENA-ARMOUR B
and i get kicked out

ive tried looking for this file in the respository ,on my ad1257 etc etc & ant find it??im assuming its under the textures files

also - i tried update & get told cannot do it - acess denied .

im the administrator & run win7

anny help will be appreciated

thanks

david

Im guessing that ur M&B warband is installed in program files so that is the whole reason. u can either move whole game or just move ur dev1257 file when u update or do something else with svn.

for the error u can try svn cleanup and then update again

Are Latin soldiers too strong? Always, I ended up with Latin soldiers so today, I decided to try going with the Greeks and my first siege battle against the Latin Empire shocked me - The entire army of Nicaea is on my side and we cannot even take one castle.

Latin archers filled the area with (unlimited) arrows while their Knights and Footmen cut through every Greek soldier as if they were made of straw. So bad it was that the Latin soldiers came out to slaughter the Greeks before they even got close and the whole scene ended up as nothing but watching lifeless Greek bodies rolling down the hill in droves.  :shock:

Now I wonder if those easy past victories were because of my Latin army... in that one battle, Nicaea lost its entire force.

Earende said:
Are Latin soldiers too strong? Always, I ended up with Latin soldiers so today, I decided to try going with the Greeks and my first siege battle against the Latin Empire shocked me - The entire army of Nicaea is on my side and we cannot even take one castle.

Latin archers filled the area with (unlimited) arrows while their Knights and Footmen cut through every Greek soldier as if they were made of straw. So bad it was that the Latin soldiers came out to slaughter the Greeks before they even got close and the whole scene ended up as nothing but watching lifeless Greek bodies rolling down the hill in droves.  :shock:

Now I wonder if those easy past victories were because of my Latin army... in that one battle, Nicaea lost its entire force.

no all of them re balanced for me, for sieges its betetr u have swordman with shield, tehy re ur main shocktrooper

however, the peltast taht from Nicaea is hurt so much when in range, in siege u need to engage thema s quickly as possible

hi orobus

thanks for advice - i have already tried your solutions - after our mail i redid all the solutions again - same result with error -  ERROR - GET OBJECT FAILED FOR TEXTURE: ARENA-ARMOUR B

you stated -for the error u can try svn cleanup and then update again
im lost here where do i get svn cleanup- i only get options of -update

by the way i m running version 1.134 of m&b warband??? could this be the promblem - should i run 1.143??

please excuse my ignorance

regards

david

crusader1223 said:
hi orobus

thanks for advice - i have already tried your solutions - after our mail i redid all the solutions again - same result with error -  ERROR - GET OBJECT FAILED FOR TEXTURE: ARENA-ARMOUR B

you stated -for the error u can try svn cleanup and then update again
im lost here where do i get svn cleanup- i only get options of -update

by the way i m running version 1.134 of m&b warband??? could this be the promblem - should i run 1.143??

please excuse my ignorance

regards

david

Right click on the folder your mod is installed to and from the menu that appears hover over TortoiseSVN, it's under SVN Commit... As you are hovering over TortoiseSVN a new menu appears, from that menu choose 'Clean up...'

And yes, if you're using the latest SVN version then you should be running the 1.143 version of Warband.

Hope I helped

hi heiro

thanks you helped- i downloaded new version and game did not come up with any error messages
only querry - i obviously started new game & waited 5 minutes  ?? it was loading map
i thought maybe stuck so closed application. should it take that long
im running quad4 processor ,4gigs ram & latest grafic card 9800 i think

regards

david

5 min. seems a bit long, thought it to be more something like 3 min., but can thoroughly be that it needs that long for the first start. But it's just if you start a new game. is this the gforce 9800 GT, should be well enough to play the mod.

thanks orobus

will give it a go & wait

i know soepeople dont like thank you notes but i do like to thank those who help me -just polite i think

best regards

david w

Or a script that do nothing useful but loops and consumes resources for 5 seconds every 10seconds. While flags, trees, grass move based on wind - would be neat, but moving clouds seems like a waist of space(and in space - i mean resources.).

YourStepDad said:
That would replace the current gorgeous skies, right?

Therefore no. Don't do it. Don't think that I've ever seen a game with such gorgeous skies.
No. I don't think so. It's usually done via particle effects. Basically if you put the sandstorm/blizzard in the sky(and in sky I mean setting a big Z coordinate) and move it from time to time you will get a moving cloud.

hyguys

sorry to be a bug, but i still get stuck in loading maps -over 20 mins,,,
anyway i think that my warband v1.143 iscorrupt or something

if i try and load native or diplomacy versions i get funny language (something like chinesse-even though i have english ticked????
where can i get a (know good )either update or full download version 1.143 in english???

regards

david w

Back
Top Bottom