The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

I've encountered Konrad der Fromme and his twin brother Konrad der Fromm  in several games until now while being a short-time lord/merc for HRE. It was particularly confusing this time because one of these guys was the marshal and I always kept travelling to the wrong one.

So, I decided to research those ancient HRE lords and have found some chaps who would fit the time period. I thought maybe you want to replace one of the Konrad brothers, so here would be the bunch I found (I only did the letters L to O because to read that particular book was very wearisome). Maybe some of them are already in the game, can't recall from memory:

Major Lords:
Otto von Lonstorff, Bischof von Passau
Ludbertus von Wickede, Ratsherr von Dortmund
Heinrich III, Freiherr von Malzen/Baron von Cuyk

Minor Lords:
Ludwig Vogt von Luelsdorf
Johannes von Luederitz
Detlev von Obelitz

So i have used the newest version of Tortoise to download this mod but at the 1205 mb it stopped..and when i want to start downloading again to complete it it says this:

did youz try to start (update) it again? 
or you maybe you have to "relaese lock". look at mousemenue --> TortoiseSVN--> release lock 

L3on said:
or you maybe you have to "relaese lock". look at mousemenue --> TortoiseSVN--> release lock

You wanna tell me that the mod has 1205 mb to download now??

BUG:
When some food is eaten a bit already (for example fish 120/150) if you put it in your "party's inventory" it will magically get full to 150/150.

kuauik said:
Thomas,did you use the Rus gate prop in some scene ?cant find it..btw,next month i will get new pc,so i can make all the speculars and normal mpas for the trillion new items.. :lol:
Does . . . does this mean that we're going to possibly get some new items next month?

EdmundBlackadder said:
kuauik said:
Thomas,did you use the Rus gate prop in some scene ?cant find it..btw,next month i will get new pc,so i can make all the speculars and normal mpas for the trillion new items.. :lol:
Does . . . does this mean that we're going to possibly get some new items next month?
if everything goes well,yes :wink:

Lord Lukjan said:
So i have used the newest version of Tortoise to download this mod but at the 1205 mb it stopped..and when i want to start downloading again to complete it it says this:

again for a thousand time..u can't use svn update in program files u have to move dev1257 file somewhere else like desktop and then do update. but first u have to do cleanup

Lord Lukjan said:
L3on said:

You wanna tell me that the mod has 1205 mb to download now??

it's about 3.4 gb.

hi, Tomas.
any plans for changing late game stage? As mentioned many times before, player's faction can kill anything in late stage. And game becomes booring. The 2nd thing - big kingdom's army can not fight against 2 on opposite borders bc the distance is too big.

So, any plans for factions forming alliances to fight a big threat? Something like "bad boy" points?
Mb an opportunity to create vassal kingdom and send orders to their army?

JuicyDeath said:
hi, Tomas.
any plans for changing late game stage? As mentioned many times before, player's faction can kill anything in late stage. And game becomes booring. The 2nd thing - big kingdom's army can not fight against 2 on opposite borders bc the distance is too big.

So, any plans for factions forming alliances to fight a big threat? Something like "bad boy" points?

Yes, the problem with the game is, that individual combat is great, whereas tactics already become poorer, while strategy is completely unimportant. The implementation of a morale system and assignable groups for each troop tree were a big improvement of the Warband addon, and the formations mod improved this a little further. So the tactics level is... acceptable...

But there is almost no strategy in Warband, besides of "which castle do we siege now?" and "which campaign force is the bigger one and will win?".

I hope after the enterprises are done DrTomas will concentrate on this aspect of the game. I already made a few suggestions, concerning castles and cities actually controlling the sorrounding landscape, passing caravans paying taxes, a system with alliances to make up to three factions fight another three factions and so on. If you had more options like on the world map of "Medieval 2 - Total War", the game would gain incredibly more depth, as soon as your character doesn't need to fight himself any more.

1257ad is already among the most popular singpleplayer mods in Warband, together with Brytenwalda, Prophesy of Pendor and Native Expansion, but with an increased strategic gameplay the other mods would have no chance  :mrgreen:  :twisted:

Doing stuff like that would be going to the TW route methinks...where there are many great mods which make TW bearable.

Joker86 said:
the other mods would have no chance  :mrgreen:  :twisted:
yes) but the real hero of Warband modding will be the guy who will make weapons not just slash through the enemy, but stuck in bodies and armor :twisted:

JuicyDeath said:
hi, Tomas.

Hope we will see that goodieeee!

A Happy New Year to Everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom