http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,111839.msg2733134.html#msg2733134
So I thought Tomas you might now want to switch them  :smile:

trp_balt_horseman|Raitas Ietininkas
trp_balt_horseman_pl|Raiti Ietininkai
trp_balt_mounted_spearman|Leičių Raitelis
trp_balt_mounted_spearman_pl|Leičių Raiteliai
trp_balt_lancer|Leičių Bajoras
trp_balt_lancer_pl|Leičių Bajorai

They actualy are switched, in the terms the name that are displayed in the game. There variable name are left the way they were intentionaly thought up by othr. Becouse I'm as lazy as othr and would prefer not to change there variable names, as there are allready implanted into some scripts and I would need to change them too. Sorry if it couses some cnfusion with the translations.
So the english names for them would be, roughly(to help with you're translations):
trp_balt_horseman - Mounted spearman.
trp_balt_mounted_spearman - Lithuanian horseman.
trp_balt_lancer - Lithuanian noble.

aflyhorse said:
and maybe you wanna put these guys:
Code:
trp_balt_horseman|Raitas Ietininkas
trp_balt_horseman_pl|Raiti Ietininkai
trp_balt_mounted_spearman|Leičių Raitelis
trp_balt_mounted_spearman_pl|Leičių Raiteliai
trp_balt_lancer|Leičių Bajoras
trp_balt_lancer_pl|Leičių Bajorai
trp_french_chevalier|Chevalier
trp_french_chevalier_pl|Chevaliers
trp_welsh_bowmen|Welsh Bowman
trp_welsh_bowmen_pl|Welsh Bowmen
trp_genoese_crossbowman|Genoese Crossbowman
trp_genoese_crossbowman_pl|Genoese Crossbowmen
trp_varangian_guard|Varangian Guard
trp_varangian_guard_pl|Varangian Guards
trp_scottish_highlander|Scottish Highlander
trp_scottish_highlander_pl|Scottish Highlanders
trp_bohemian_rytir|Bohemian Rytir
trp_bohemian_rytir_pl|Bohemian Rytirs
trp_danish_axeman|Danish Axeman
trp_danish_axeman_pl|Danish Axemen
trp_irish_dartman|Gallóglach
trp_irish_dartman_pl|Gallóglaigh
trp_pol_light_cavalry|Light Cavalryman
trp_pol_light_cavalry_pl|Light Cavalrymen
Before the trp_mercenaries_end and let them truly be mercenaries.

PS. "trp_bohemian_rytir|Bohemian Rytir" and "trp_french_chevalier|Chevalier" seemed haven't been implemented. They have NO weapon and armor at all...

There not intented to be random merceneries. Most of those guys are actualy placeholders from an very early version of the mod when the idea was to give factions specific troops. But back then we had less troop trees to begin with, so probably most of them will be removed for good. Some of them are included as merceneries found in a specific place/factions. Ie the balt lancers can be recruited in Lithuanian cities, Genoese crossbowman can be recruited in Genova.

aflyhorse said:
PPS. According to Wiki, a "trp_byz_village_3_1|Peltastae" is "a soldier armed with a pelta", and a "pelta" is "a small crescent-shaped shield of Thracian design", but we only see a Plain_Kite_Shield on them...
PPPS. What the hell is "trp_byz_town_4_2|Hoplitae" as a swordsman? Oh my favourite Phalanx formation...
PPPPS. Is the "trp_iberian_bows_sergeant|Sagittarius Masnadieri" means "bandit bowman"? I got it, thx.

Wiki lies sometimes. There probably more involed in this term then just the shape of the shield(tho it might originated from that). But then again I have no idea and you might be right.
Welcome to the 13th century. 13th century Byzantium Hoplite  != 3rd century BC ancient Greece Hoplite.

Since I found your previous thread, I already know their names are to be switched, and I actually found them two in Lithuanian dictionary. I am amazed when I found the explanation of "Leičių" as "Lithuanians among Lithuanians". :mrgreen:

But wait, the Mamluk "Jund Al-Halqa Faris" has "Rus Nobleman Helmet"? Oops....
and can I ask why we have "Miles Pro Commune" in west euro? Them seems to be a bit ... Italian...

aflyhorse said:
and can I ask why we have "Miles Pro Commune" in west euro? Them seems to be a bit ... Italian...
Yeah, it does look out of place somewhat. Still possible equipment errors better go here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,173415.0.html . Or we might miss some of them.
"Miles Pro Commune" is Latin. "Generic" troop tree sadly is only partialy translated to Latin. I need someone who could translate it fully, as I stated in the first post of the topic.

If I can suggest something for future updates, I would defenetely like to see the weapons and armors breaking thingy removed. At least for lords and troops.. Really doesn't suit any noble to go into battle barechested  :sad:
Other then that, not sure if the upgrades are intentionally set on 1 day each for testing porpouses though it's actually good :razz: High price but shorter time to finish it seems good to me..

Thanks for taking up this mod again, I was starting to feel lost without it ^^

GodHandApostole said:
If I can suggest something for future updates, I would defenetely like to see the weapons and armors breaking thingy removed. At least for lords and troops.. Really doesn't suit any noble to go into battle barechested  :sad:
Lords will not trigger armors breaking. They are naked just because they are too weak to wear his battle suit... Tell Tomas who they are and force Tomas making out an body-build plan for them!  :twisted:

God, I do hope there are no longer any naked lords runing around in the battlefield. I allready increased there strength quite a lot :razz:
I also reduced arena armor requirments, so there wouldin't be any naked people anymore. But I'm not sure now if that did get it in into the latest revision or not.

DrTomas said:
aflyhorse said:
Yeah, it does look out of place somewhat. Still possible equipment errors better go here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,173415.0.html . Or we might miss some of them.
"Miles Pro Commune" is Latin. "Generic" troop tree sadly is only partialy translated to Latin. I need someone who could translate it fully, as I stated in the first post of the topic.

Dr. Thomas you have a PM. Because of the historical names, here is a revised factions.txt.

Simply replace existing file with my file (do not forget to backup)
For suggestions and improvements, I am always pleased.

(Can not specify files or links) :sad: Help!

DrTomas said:
God, I do hope there are no longer any naked lords runing around in the battlefield. I allready increased there strength quite a lot :razz:
I also reduced arena armor requirments, so there wouldin't be any naked people anymore. But I'm not sure now if that did get it in into the latest revision or not.

I havent yet seen any lord naked in tournaments ( And I hunt all tournaments per day  :lol:) but sometimes when I'm doing quests from lords I come across naked ones. havent had much of time for rev 12 but maybe in couple days I'll start chasing those exhibitionists  :lol:

Hey, I played this mod a few months ago, back when othr was still running it, and loved it but had to stop playing as it was so buggy and the game would just close itself down on me. I've come back to see how it's going and I see there's been a change in management, which is all well and good (glancing at things the good Dr seems very good at this!) but I honestly don't understand this Subversion thing.

Sorry to be such a nooby pain in the arse, computers aren't my greatest asset... If someone could just briefly explain what it is in layman's terms and what i'm meant to do with it, i'd very much appreciate it  :grin:

Dekan Teg said:
Hey, I played this mod a few months ago, back when othr was still running it, and loved it but had to stop playing as it was so buggy and the game would just close itself down on me. I've come back to see how it's going and I see there's been a change in management, which is all well and good (glancing at things the good Dr seems very good at this!) but I honestly don't understand this Subversion thing.

Sorry to be such a nooby pain in the arse, computers aren't my greatest asset... If someone could just briefly explain what it is in layman's terms and what i'm meant to do with it, i'd very much appreciate it  :grin:
Sure ill explain its quite simple.

On the first post all you need to do is download the Tortoise program once you have downloaded it, basically the program will source whatever files are placed in the URL (which can also be found on the first page)

Simply drop the URL into the program and make your destination for those downloaded files the modules foldre in your M&B directory. Its about 1.5gb or so to download so be patient once its finished it will tell u its done.

Then just load mods like usual.. All done! PM me if you need further help!

A question from my fellows: why we often fight 2 or 3 times vs 200+ troops, and comes to fight against only around 10 enemies in the last battle? The reinforcement wave has been set to 99 already...

Ritter-Floh, asked me to post his translations of factions list with latin names, for anyone that wants to play with more authentic names: http://www.file-upload.net/download-3482387/factions.txt.html

It's possible that after the faction list finalisation we might put the faction Latin translations(or some similar multi-lingual way) in the game as well.

though i love playing mod i have certain problems with recruitment...my constable has two options for andaluz or baltic troops...then there is no option to recruit iberian troops, at first i thought it is latin but when i sent for those i got Greek troops...so how do i get iberian troops...i noticed crusader option will give you those but so slowly since they have limited amount of villages, towns and especially castles..tnx in advance

Thanks Dr.Thomas,

I will revise the factions.txt further and if enough come together, I will send you the next version. :wink:

The units are ready to Latin (yesterday had a little time)

How accurate is the multilingual version look like then?
Maybe the troops should maintain their historical names and a code behind it, to indicate their nature.
For example: Iaculator arcoballista militaris (ranged), or
Hastatus militaris (spear)

I think by this name, we get a lot of atmosphere in this mod and everyone who plays this mod, can learn what is a Sagittarius. (Archer)

For the shops and facilities, it might be interesting, provided it is accessible to a translation in the text...

Hi there ,

Just a quick question I'm curious about, in version 0.95 there is a dialogue option for you to say to your king if you can go on a crusade.And if I remember correctly that was not fixed properly.As I dont have the SVN version , can someone tell me if this option works? As in you are not required to join feasts and campaigns at your previous faction.

Back
Top Bottom