The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

DrTomas said:
biscuits said:
I like the new recruiting workaround for Crusader states...though wouldn't it be more interesting to recruit the "base" units to train up instead of fully* upgraded (and very expensive) units?

There no longer are any "base" units for those orders. So prepare you're wallet as the crusaders need alot of wine to do there stuff!

Ha okey. Guess the poor Crusader will need to supplement his force with the normal recruitable locals then.  :mrgreen:

Just want to report that Village to castle upgrade works fine and dandy. Yay.
I did every stage of the upgrade, and between each stages i checked the scenes, recruitment and garrison for any errors, none was found. Although for 2 days immediately after converting village to castle, the castle produces arabic units. But after 2 days the proper recruits come around. I get the proper income at the end of the week as well.

Two things
1. The scenes themselves seem empty, there arent any walkers around, but i guess thats because this is a castle.
2. The diplomacy guys (constable, chancellor, treasurer) dont appear. Neither does the option to recruit them.

Edit: Exited warband and loaded the savegame, and checked everything, still no problems. So i guess its hopefully stable now. Good job mate!

ntb_15 said:
2. The diplomacy guys (constable, chancellor, treasurer) dont appear. Neither does the option to recruit them.

Actually that's what I thought too, but after upgrades, you eventually(read weeks later) are told you can hire someone for chamberlain then later constable.

did you also have this problem after the last update when you die in a battle and go into freelook mode the mouse-look works at first and then it gets jammed in position and you cant freelook anymore...another thing is the minimap in battle stays on and you cant turn it off. I liked the option to turn it on and off by pressing backspace several times

Just a small idea, I don't know how doable it is:

I played wF&S recently, and there even castles have a tavern and a market. I think this would also be interesting for 1257, as in the middle ages the castles was a very important place for the sorrunding villages, and often it DID contain the market and some other things like the toll stations or the local cord.

Of course cities with all their works and citizens and taxes are the biggest source of income, but owning a castle should have a little bit more use than just having access to nobles and nothing more.

Make every caravan being spotted by your castle pay a certain toll, enemy caravans twice the price. This way castles, that are located in the center of the map and are rather threatened by a large amount of possible enemies make this up by having many caravans paying toll. And some shops in castles wouldn't hurt, too.  :wink:

mengo said:
did you also have this problem after the last update when you die in a battle and go into freelook mode the mouse-look works at first and then it gets jammed in position and you cant freelook anymore...another thing is the minimap in battle stays on and you cant turn it off. I liked the option to turn it on and off by pressing backspace several times

That' been around a while. It's a processing problem. no big deal.

Joker86 said:

I played wF&S recently, and there even castles have a tavern and a market. I think this would also be interesting for 1257, as in the middle ages the castles was a very important place for the sorrunding villages, and often it DID contain the market and some other things like the toll stations or the local cord.

Of course cities with all their works and citizens and taxes are the biggest source of income, but owning a castle should have a little bit more use than just having access to nobles and nothing more.

Make every caravan being spotted by your castle pay a certain toll, enemy caravans twice the price. This way castles, that are located in the center of the map and are rather threatened by a large amount of possible enemies make this up by having many caravans paying toll. And some shops in castles wouldn't hurt, too.  :wink:
That would be so friking realistic, man I support this, It may be hard coded though and may not be possible.
Maybe not the market but the bar and the weaponsmith or something.

I would think that it is possible, given that the F&S stuff is based off the M&B original engine, however, it would be a fair bit of work, and might conflict with existing scripting.

Although I am all for more trading options. It might just be difficult to code.

Did they fix the great helm neck model issue and remove allot of the forest area from the Crusader State/Mamluk desert?

antisniper said:
I would think that it is possible, given that the F&S stuff is based off the M&B original engine, however, it would be a fair bit of work, and might conflict with existing scripting.

Although I am all for more trading options. It might just be difficult to code.

Might be easier to wait for the WFAS module system, and just see how they did it.

I just visited a Templar castle (after a tournament), and are the Templar ladies that ... loose with their clothing? I mean, I'm sure it's a feast and all ... but nothing but a two piece?

to mucksicky: I think u can nowdays just make new folder and do the checkout there...but the game can't be in the program files or u'll get errors

I've been playing error free so far with it in program files with a 64 bit win7.
btw is there a language problem with the party members? most of the time i don't know what i'm recruiting

Lavandina said:
Joker86 said:

That would be so friking realistic, man I support this, It may be hard coded though and may not be possible.
Maybe not the market but the bar and the weaponsmith or something.

In Brytenwalda the designers have allowed you to construct a blacksmith inside a castle in order to raise its income. As for the taxing of caravans if they are spotted by your castle, that is a great idea.

Is anyone else getting a language problem when recruiting party soldiers? I.E. Miles=Knight
makes it really hard to know what I'm paying for

Back
Top Bottom