The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

aflyhorse

Veteran
M&BWBWF&SNW
DrTomas said:
I thought that shops not filtering the items were obvious. :smile: I'll redefine them after we finilize the items.

Regarding the errors, I need to know:
1. Where did you build the castle(village name please)
2. Did you start a new game since the last revision or is it a continuation from the previous revision?
3. How much days are you into the game right now?
4. You're faction?

This is a famous bug... When othr first introduced this function it worked well, but after a few updates it's messed up and unusable. Most of my friends experienced this wherever they build the castle.

PS. Is the mini-map removed r7? and I love the ammo-refilling during defensive battle...
 

antisniper

Recruit
I think the minimap is removed, because I don't see it in battle either.

Also, the counter at the bottom of the screen, and battle won screen, is gone as well.

I've started a new game, straight into battle, with different characters, but still the same.
 

Caeled

Sergeant at Arms
antisniper said:
I think the minimap is removed, because I don't see it in battle either.

Also, the counter at the bottom of the screen, and battle won screen, is gone as well.

I've started a new game, straight into battle, with different characters, but still the same.

Yeah, I do REALLY miss that counter. Almost cost me my head yesterday, was fighting 3 opponents in melee, and couldn't see how the rest of the battle went...almost lost the battle because my archers were flanked by some nasty axewielding thugs.
 

DrTomas

Duke
WB
And arrow refiling is removed - probably for good, as it was too disbalancing the game. It's still there in sieges tho.

Yes battlemap is now the same as in native, as I stated before. :
DrTomas said:
Battlemap was one of the few reasons why formations was bugged. So it had to go.

But becouse you're all annoying I fixed It and it will come back at the next revision. :razz:

I don't realy know where the castle building bug is, but I'll try to poke around for the next revision a bit and see if it helps.
 

Caeled

Sergeant at Arms
DrTomas said:
And arrow refiling is removed - probably for good, as it was too disbalancing the game. It's still there in sieges tho.

Yes battlemap is now the same as in native, as I stated before. :
DrTomas said:
Battlemap was one of the few reasons why formations was bugged. So it had to go.

But becouse you're all annoying I fixed It and it will come back at the next revision. :razz:

I don't realy know where the castle building bug is, but I'll try to poke around for the next revision a bit and see if it helps.

carrot and stick at it's best :grin: the crowd will love you, and the freaks will adore you.
Arrow refilling made a killing machine of my archer. I think it's good that it's gone. Also it will rebalance those balt javeliners, although they will defend their strongholds with unbroken vigor. That's ok for me.  :lol:
 

antisniper

Recruit
I think arrow refilling was definitely something that needed to be removed. Simply because, with a large bag of arrows, with 68 arrows, you are doing it wrong if you use up all those arrows. I normally bait the enemy with a few arrows, and lead them into my lines of bowmen and crossbowmen, and then switch to sword and charge.

I think the idea for a fortress for each rebel faction is a good idea. Like the Welsh rebels getting a fortress, Prussians, etc, because it would be easier to remove them from the game, as well as make peace with them, if you accidently killed a few of them.
 

burgunfaust

Regular
DrTomas said:
And arrow refiling is removed - probably for good, as it was too disbalancing the game. It's still there in sieges tho.

Yes battlemap is now the same as in native, as I stated before. :
DrTomas said:
Battlemap was one of the few reasons why formations was bugged. So it had to go.

But becouse you're all annoying I fixed It and it will come back at the next revision. :razz:

I don't realy know where the castle building bug is, but I'll try to poke around for the next revision a bit and see if it helps.

Yay!
 

DrTomas

Duke
WB
blackitalian said:
when trying to use the new path to updat i get: error  http://dev1257svn.googlecode.com/svn/trunk path not found

Offcourse it's not found, becouse the correcr url is: http://dev1257.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ .
 

Arrakhis

Knight
WB
Grimsbo said:
How do i brace with my spear? :???:

its automatic, just hit a horse, it has high chance to kill in a single with a spears type weapon, if u can hit them correctly
and the enemy mounted army must be in moving condition
 

Joker86

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&S
Wasn't it pressing "b"?  :???:

Edit: Dang! Didn't see that the forum software doesn't allow to write the "b" key like you would write [a] or [c].  :roll:
 

blackitalian

Sergeant at Arms
DrTomas said:
blackitalian said:
when trying to use the new path to updat i get: error  http://dev1257svn.googlecode.com/svn/trunk path not found

Offcourse it's not found, becouse the correcr url is: http://dev1257.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ .

doh! thank you.
 

burgunfaust

Regular
DrTomas said:
And arrow refiling is removed - probably for good, as it was too disbalancing the game. It's still there in sieges tho.

Yes battlemap is now the same as in native, as I stated before. :
DrTomas said:
Battlemap was one of the few reasons why formations was bugged. So it had to go.

But becouse you're all annoying I fixed It and it will come back at the next revision. :razz:

I don't realy know where the castle building bug is, but I'll try to poke around for the next revision a bit and see if it helps.

I have a feeling the bug lies in the changing of a village to a castle, as it'll throw the ordering of completely.

Also when do you expect to drop the newest revsion on us?
 

DrTomas

Duke
WB
burgunfaust said:
I have a feeling the bug lies in the changing of a village to a castle, as it'll throw the ordering of completely.

Also when do you expect to drop the newest revsion on us?

It does not transform a village to castle. Algorithm is tottaly diffrent.

Hopefully today. I'm realy bussy in real life right now, so i'll probably just upload what I have.

New revision is up. Changelog who does not know how to read the one's in tortoise client.
Possible Player Castle fix - need confirmation.
New Village troops for Scots
Crusader faction recruitment redesigned. Crusader states now can recruit crusader units from taverns at Crusader State cities, when the player is there vassal. Teutons no longer recruit baltic settlers from HRE villages.
New mercenery units for Baltic factions.
Lance breaking is disabled for now, as it couses CTD in big battles with lots of cavalery.
Bandit spawn increased.
Small tweaks to possibly speed up the campaign map by little bit.
Battle radar is back!
Some other things that I can't remember

As mentioned before, this one is not save comfortable with the old revision.
 

JooKoo

Veteran
WB
I got a ctd on startup after updating to the latest revision ---
"Unable to open file: Modules\dev1257\Resource\weapon_meshes_c.brf"

weapon_meshes_c.brf isn't in the Resource folder, Why's that?

 
Top Bottom