The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

antisniper said:
Oh, and another thing that I've noticed is that Corsica and Sardinia is empty. It leaves an empty feeling in the middle of the map. Are there plans to add anything to those little islands (I know that would be a map revision and that is definitely not save game material, but since the next revision isn't...).

If so, Corsica can be added under the control of Rome (which is was until 1293~ AD). Sardinia should be independent, but since there are enough factions as is, perhaps under the control of Rome of Sicily? Although the difficulty in that would be adding in fiefs for those cities. And it might be possible to squeeze Venice in, under the control of Genoa (as a fief, rather than a city).

Last question for now, is it possible to change the success rate for recruiting prisoners? I find is highly amusing that I have a few Welsh bowmen fighting alongside some Sea Raiders fighting for the English...

This was answered already in the old subversion thread.

No, it would make things more unstable to populate those islands.

Amundr said:
I'm unable to find any swords being sold in any of the scandinavian lands.
I've had that problem since some of the first svn versions came out, and it still seems to be an active bug.

Does anyone else have that problem ?

No, I think it's just luck of the draw, and you're just not that lucky today.

burgunfaust said:
No, I think it's just luck of the draw, and you're just not that lucky today.

Well I have had that problem for almost a year now, its the case for every new game I have started since then, and it doesn't change in the period of time I'm playing.
That said, the longest game I have played in that time have lasted a month or so.

Either Im incredibly unlucky, or something is wrong with the "draw".

Edit: Just did an experiment, started 3 different games with 3 completely different character backgrounds and factions, in all games I checked the 9 possible trade cities in Scandinavia, and in no city were there any swords being sold.

I remember that this bug started to appear when othr started to remove the none player made swords, and started to restrict where you could buy different things. This was because of the prevalence of mongol goods everywhere.

Edit2: Started 10 games, checked all 9 marketplaces, same result: no swords anywhere.

I'm getting ALOT of script errors after i build a castle outside my village. I noticed that i stopped getting any messages at the bottom of the screen so i checked at notes-recent messages and noticed all these errors, its so many of them that i can't see any other kind of message about whats happening in my game. The script errors appears at all time when running around at the map..

I also got the the character named -temp- in the castle when its built just as the user posted at page 8..

hmm, im new to mod n stuff....i jsut installed 1257, so do i need to do this SVN thing?? if yes how?? explain in detail im a bit slow~~~

You don't need the SVN version. You can as well stick to the older version of this game. :wink:

Check out the OP for a detailed installation instruction.

JooKoo said:
I'm getting ALOT of script errors after i build a castle outside my village. I noticed that i stopped getting any messages at the bottom of the screen so i checked at notes-recent messages and noticed all these errors, its so many of them that i can't see any other kind of message about whats happening in my game. The script errors appears at all time when running around at the map..

I also got the the character named -temp- in the castle when its built just as the user posted at page 8..

Same error here.

There is a spam of Script Errors and after a while, the message window simply ceases to work.

Also: after this error, my character's inventory gets wiped out when loading the game.

DrTomas said:
I'm thinking making a fortrest for each of the tribe(Prussians have one allready, so: Jotvingians, Samagotians, Curonians). Basicly successfully sieging and destroying the fortress would stop spawning the warbands. Good stuff for anyone wanting to roleplay a Baltic Crusader.

Hmmm... although crusades in most cases simply led to killing all the "pagans", how about that when you play a christian faction, especially the Teutonic Order or Sweden, instead of the forstresses being destroyed you christianize them (under constraint  :mrgreen: ), and from then on you can hire for example "Astininkas Veteranas †" there (just copy the rebel troop tree, add a cross behind their names and change their religion), which means your christian party won't take a morale hit when containing the former rebels. This would actually be a nice reason to start such a crusade, who wouldn't like a few christian skirmishers with badass javelins?  :wink:

And of course the warbands wouldn't spawn any more, too.  :wink:

Joker86 said:
I want the option back to send caravans to lords and towns/villages. It's so tiresome to do a ****load of quests for them to reach relationship 15 after weeks. Really. Or increase the relationship boost to 10-12 points per finished task. Because I think in real life not many people are willing to ask you if they can help you, so you keep those people in mind and like them for sure.  :wink:

/\
||

Pleeeeeaaaaaassse  :smile:

JooKoo said:

I also noticed that when starting a new game  i still don't get any messages at the bottom left corner of the screen, even though i do not get the script errors anymore.. Kinda annoying that i'm totally blocked off from any important info :sad: Is there a way to like reset the messages? Becuse for me it seems like the errors are still spamming from the other saves... Although that would be strange since i've restarted the game since then...

Same results like Amundr. No nordic-faction-town offers swords at start, after one week and after two weeks. Only falchions with some luck.
And in lithuanian towns you can buy nordic swords.

I thought that shops not filtering the items were obvious. :smile: I'll redefine them after we finilize the items.

Regarding the errors, I need to know:
1. Where did you build the castle(village name please)
2. Did you start a new game since the last revision or is it a continuation from the previous revision?
3. How much days are you into the game right now?
4. You're faction?

Hi DrTomas,

1. The Village name is Cuenca, so that makes it Cuenca Castle.
2. I always start a new game after every revision, so it's a new game :smile:
3. 55 days
4. I'm currently a vassal of Crown of Aragon

ignore the text below -- The messages suddenly started to show again :smile:
Do you know of any solution to the message problem? It's a bit disturbing not getting any info about what's happening in the game, also i wont be able to detect any more errors.. In case you didn't read my last post I repeat - Even though i start a completely new game i still do not recieve any messages at the bottom left corner, although i do -not- recieve the errors in the new game...

Thx for the quick reply, you're doing a great job!

DrTomas said:
I thought that shops not filtering the items were obvious. :smile: I'll redefine them after we finilize the items.

Regarding the errors, I need to know:
1. Where did you build the castle(village name please)
2. Did you start a new game since the last revision or is it a continuation from the previous revision?
3. How much days are you into the game right now?
4. You're faction?

1. Compostela.
2. It was a new game.
3. Around 60-70
4. No. Vassal of the Kingdom of Castille.

Hope this is the right thread, anyway i have a script error spammed all the time. Script error on opencode 542.
It showed up suddenly after i loaded a save game, and now seems there are no way to make it go away.

St3f4n0 said:
Hope this is the right thread, anyway i have a script error spammed all the time. Script error on opencode 542.
It showed up suddenly after i loaded a save game, and now seems there are no way to make it go away.

This continuing a save game after a revision? You might need to start a new game but sometimes if you go to Camp > Mod Options it'll apply fix(es) that allow you continue with your saved game without error.

biscuits said:
Camp > Mod Options it'll apply fix(es) that allow you continue with your saved game without error.
If i remember correctly, that is only for updating troop stat changes.

biscuits said:
St3f4n0 said:

This continuing a save game after a revision? You might need to start a new game but sometimes if you go to Camp > Mod Options it'll apply fix(es) that allow you continue with your saved game without error.

Mmm i think it is save compatible, i started this run after the last big patch. By the way opened mod option and a lot of stuff are messed up dunno why..speed for example was lower then usually. Anyway script error stays.

Anyway getting no taxation from fiefs after you take them over. I got bored, use the cheatmenu to instantly conquer a castle, but when I check my budget screen, no tax. Who's going to pay for my army of bowmen?  :shock:

antisniper said:
Anyway getting no taxation from fiefs after you take them over. I got bored, use the cheatmenu to instantly conquer a castle, but when I check my budget screen, no tax. Who's going to pay for my army of bowmen?  :shock:
Dont mind the budget screen, it is often updated only on the last day of the week, same as in native. Check if you get taxes at the end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom