The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

thanks for the reply I will edit this post for the bugs
or should say i would but forum wont let me  :sad:

though i can tell one cause i don't have a screen of it.
When you lose a siege at your own castle the game will CTD immediately after the screen saying your imprisoned (Note this is with Rev 7)

Hey Dr Thomas, I have a nice news for you: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,32423.msg836653.html#msg836653

Check it out if you havent done it so far; much more immersive sounds, battles sound like a hollywood movie with this! Although this does need some couple of hours work by incorporating into 1257 module system or some sort of genious module related work.  :wink:
Horses sound like a real 2,000 pounds warhorse thundering under you! Brutal when charging with fellow Miles by ones side!
At least check it out, some sounds are a real improvement comparing to the current ones.

This might be a bug, might not be, but sometimes, in tournaments, I send up with absolutely no armour in the tournament. This also happens if my companions as well, they have no armour.

Dear All,

I am dl the new svn, but before I start a new game I was wondering if you could kindly provide me with some needed answers.  1. When I becoming a new ruler, is there a way to choose the kingdom's troops?  I have noticed that in my previous two games my kingdom's troops defaulted to crusader.  is there a way I can have my kingdom's troops default to mamluk.  I would also like this change reflected on the palace guard as well as my vassal's troops?  2. My vassal's title defaulted to Lord is there a way I can have this changed to Amir?  3. What does kingdom's religion do?  I didn't notice any impact from choosing a religion on anything in game.  Does it perhaps have an effect on what nations will war with you?  4. Is there a way to force my Vassal's to use my flag? 
#5 in an inquiry - Is there a possibility in the future to incorporate custom commander with this Mod?

Many thanks in advance, Awesome Mod. 
ps let me know how I can add a signature for this mod.

antisniper said:
This might be a bug, might not be, but sometimes, in tournaments, I send up with absolutely no armour in the tournament. This also happens if my companions as well, they have no armour.
You and your companions need a strenght of 16 to wear a tournament-armor.

Really like the battlemap and troop count feature. Also the battle won display seems to be gone.

Side note. I tried assaulting a Baltic wooden castle. WOW! those javelins kicked the crap out of me. It was truly ridiculous. I think something needs to be done. Part of the problem is how good they are at breaking shields, part of the problem is the sheer number of Baltic troop types that get javelins, part of the problem is the damage they do. Definitely needs to be tweaked.

I want the option back to send caravans to lords and towns/villages. It's so tiresome to do a ****load of quests for them to reach relationship 15 after weeks. Really. Or increase the relationship boost to 10-12 points per finished task. Because I think in real life not many people are willing to ask you if they can help you, so you keep those people in mind and like them for sure.  :wink:

Is DrTomas in charge of the mod now?
Othr really retired from modding?

From what I can see, after a long time being inactive, many things happened here eh?

burgunfaust said:
Really like the battlemap and troop count feature. Also the battle won display seems to be gone.

Side note. I tried assaulting a Baltic wooden castle. WOW! those javelins kicked the crap out of me. It was truly ridiculous. I think something needs to be done. Part of the problem is how good they are at breaking shields, part of the problem is the sheer number of Baltic troop types that get javelins, part of the problem is the damage they do. Definitely needs to be tweaked.

Actualy Balts not having proper cavalery means they get pondered in the open field quite nicely. Javalines are the only thing that gives them an edge. It's also quite historical - even a Teutonic order Grand Master was killed by a javalin in a eye. But the fortrest is kinda killzone as it only stack with skirmishers.

I'm thinking making a fortrest for each of the tribe(Prussians have one allready, so: Jotvingians, Samagotians, Curonians). Basicly successfully sieging and destroying the fortress would stop spawning the warbands. Good stuff for anyone wanting to roleplay a Baltic Crusader.

DrTomas said:
Basicly successfully sieging and destroying the fortress would stop spawning the warbands. Good stuff for anyone wanting to roleplay a Baltic Crusader.

Yes but all that lovely renown, loot, valuable prisoners and very though bandit spawn(s) would be gone.  :lol:

DrTomas said:
burgunfaust said:

Actualy Balts not having proper cavalery means they get pondered in the open field quite nicely. Javalines are the only thing that gives them an edge. It's also quite historical - even a Teutonic order Grand Master was killed by a javalin in a eye. But the fortrest is kinda killzone as it only stack with skirmishers.

I'm thinking making a fortrest for each of the tribe(Prussians have one allready, so: Jotvingians, Samagotians, Curonians). Basicly successfully sieging and destroying the fortress would stop spawning the warbands. Good stuff for anyone wanting to roleplay a Baltic Crusader.

Couldn't we just give them some decent spearmen to replace some of the skirmishers? The refill on the sieges is what makes them so dangerous. If 25 percent of them were spearmen, it would make it a bit better IMHO.

Are there going to be new units in this next update? I was peeking at the troops.txt file, and there are units like the Scottish Highlander (283) and Danish Axeman (285). I really like the idea of faction unique units, it makes it interesting and worthwhile to try to collect them all.

And what about slavers? I would have thought slavers would still make it in this update.

And this might be a bug that was fixed in rev7, but some Tundra Bandits contained Taiga Bandits. Naming issue?

birzeti said:
ps let me know how I can add a signature for this mod.

From here.

If you like the mod, here is a signature you can use (courtesy of CrazyIvan)

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,110470.0.html][IMG]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/968/1257adbannermk22copy.png[/IMG][/URL]

or these by Amundr

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,167.0.html][IMG]http://a.imageshack.us/img294/4614/1257adamundrv4.png[/IMG][/URL]

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,167.0.html][IMG]http://a.imageshack.us/img843/1152/1257ad2amundrv4.png[/IMG][/URL]

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,167.0.html][IMG]http://a.imageshack.us/img202/8486/1257ad4amundrv4.png[/IMG][/URL]

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,167.0.html][IMG]http://a.imageshack.us/img202/8486/1257ad4amundrv4.png[/IMG][/url]

antisniper said:
Are there going to be new units in this next update? I was peeking at the troops.txt file, and there are units like the Scottish Highlander (283) and Danish Axeman (285). I really like the idea of faction unique units, it makes it interesting and worthwhile to try to collect them all.

And what about slavers? I would have thought slavers would still make it in this update.

And this might be a bug that was fixed in rev7, but some Tundra Bandits contained Taiga Bandits. Naming issue?

Good thing that you poke me about this as Scotish does not have there units assigned. Most of those "special units" are placeholders from a verly early version of the mod and probably won't be introduced into the game. As specific faction troop trees were introduced insted. From the few placeholders "Bohemian rytirs" seemed only worth while investment, that could be recruited in Praha as merceneries. But there not equiped and I'm not sure that they would be any diffrent from the regular HRE knights.

Slavers are early taleworlds units and will not be included. Perhaps I should get them out to save memory...

Probably naming.

Oh, and another thing that I've noticed is that Corsica and Sardinia is empty. It leaves an empty feeling in the middle of the map. Are there plans to add anything to those little islands (I know that would be a map revision and that is definitely not save game material, but since the next revision isn't...).

If so, Corsica can be added under the control of Rome (which is was until 1293~ AD). Sardinia should be independent, but since there are enough factions as is, perhaps under the control of Rome of Sicily? Although the difficulty in that would be adding in fiefs for those cities. And it might be possible to squeeze Venice in, under the control of Genoa (as a fief, rather than a city).

Last question for now, is it possible to change the success rate for recruiting prisoners? I find is highly amusing that I have a few Welsh bowmen fighting alongside some Sea Raiders fighting for the English...

I'm unable to find any swords being sold in any of the scandinavian lands.
I've had that problem since some of the first svn versions came out, and it still seems to be an active bug.

Does anyone else have that problem ?

I started a game as the Golden Horde and here are some thoughts on what could perhaps be done:

1. The starting point of the player near the black sea means that the area is full of extremely tough sea raiders who WILL hunt you for days (And these should perhaps be middle eastern pirates instead, if possible).
2. There are very few mongol encampments which are also far and in-between, which makes it hard to even gather the first five men for the very first mission you get by the trader.
3. The mongolian peasants seem very expensive compared to the peasants of other factions. At level 1 with 4 freshly recruited peasants it cost me like 192 per month (I realize this is because the peasant mongolians even start with horses and bows, but they die as easily as european peasants and when you start with 200 ducats, it's a pretty gruesome way to start out)
4. Perhaps the camps could be renamed after actual cities like Bajanchongor for the sake of immersion, or perhaps they could be named after animals into something sounding like "Ger Shuuvu" (Camp Falcon), or "Ger Chinua" (Camp Wolf) also for the sake of immersion. "Mongol HQ II" just feels even more out of place than fictive names would. (Personally, I don't think that naming a mongol camp after a falcon would be any more historically inaccurate than adding our own NPC followers of people who never existed)
5. It might be worth checking the loadout for the mongolian faction, as I ended up with a two-handed axe, an english longbow and a gamberson. Alright starting equipment but pretty out of place for the location and character. Not to mention I also had a mongolian bow in my inventory which i couldn't use because of it's insanely high power draw requirement (more than it seems possible to get right off the bat)
6. Apart from the cities and areas taken by the golden horde via conquest, the mongolian camps really need to be remade from scratch to actually look like they are inhabited by nomadic horse warriors, instead of just being copies of the European counterparts.

here is the errors / Bugs i have found w/pics!

2011051400022.jpg

Here after creating castle and entering it all my inventory was changed to food

2011051400021.jpg

here is the castle i was talking about it can be sieged from the sea but they have to go around to actually attack it

2011051400018.jpg

just talking to the constable cause alot of script errors

2011051400016.jp

Got this early on apparently there is two villages in the exact same spot with same name but one is me?? while i'm up in Norway???

2011051400019.jpg

only person in castle when you build it

2011051400004.jpg

Grass like the one here apparently blocks Ranged weapons

2011051400002j.jpg

extremely messed up item only appears in that angle

Back
Top Bottom