The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes but there is no point in doing this as the SVN is designed for people to use as a way of testing for bugs.They are not save -game compatible.He wants a stable release which I am told will be arriving when bugs and beta have been completed.

you read his post? he said he would love to bug test...this would be his point in using svn.

so your point exactly is?

Caeled said:
Yes but there is no point in doing this as the SVN is designed for people to use as a way of testing for bugs.They are not save -game compatible.He wants a stable release which I am told will be arriving when bugs and beta have been completed.

you read his post? he said he would love to bug test...this would be his point in using svn.

There is no need to argue
He (if I may speak for Waffenbaum) and myself just want to download and install like in good old times, we just don't trust all that svn stuff  :grin:
So we are waiting for beta release to hunt bugs, not svn

Archi the great said:

I think you missunderstood what a savegame - comptability means. You can save and load games like normaly in SVN version. The game becomes not save game comfortable, only if there is a revision which changes something critical enough(like troop tree changes). In that case you will need to start a new game. However you can always just choose not to update to the latest revison and play for as long as you want, whitout needing to restart.

There unlikely to be any major revision anytime soon. Becouse I want to let people to bump into bugs, so they could report them. I also don't have much time to develop things right now.

Raimondas said:
Caeled said:

He (if I may speak for Waffenbaum) and myself just want to download and install like in good old times, we just don't trust all that svn stuff  :grin:

You say that you both don't trust svn, he said that he '...can't for the life of me figure out how the tortoise and SVN works...'

That's two completely different things. The first is beyond immediate solution, the second isn't with a little help.
So for the sake of the sanity of mods and helpful users, say what you MEAN.
If you don't want to use it, say so and it's ok.

BTW, svn reduces bug fixing time for mods AND users, so it's the better solution for both, even more if the user hasn't unlimited bandwidth.
Even I favour automated downloading of 5-10 .txt's over a whole mod release, and I have near unlimited bandwidth.

And as DrTomas just wrote, just don't update and keep what you have, if you want so.

Caeled said:
Raimondas said:
Caeled said:

You say that you both don't trust svn, he said that he '...can't for the life of me figure out how the tortoise and SVN works...'

That's two completely different things. The first is beyond immediate solution, the second isn't with a little help.
So for the sake of the sanity of mods and helpful users, say what you MEAN.
If you don't want to use it, say so and it's ok.

BTW, svn reduces bug fixing time for mods AND users, so it's the better solution for both, even more if the user hasn't unlimited bandwidth.
Even I favour automated downloading of 5-10 .txt's over a whole mod release, and I have near unlimited bandwidth.

And as DrTomas just wrote, just don't update and keep what you have, if you want so.

Pass the weed when your done,  "proffessor of forum posts"

I've got the same recruitment-problem like Knight_Templer with the Order-Lords from Crusader State. Hope you can find a solution.
There is one Lord fom Crusader State with no armor. Hugues II. de Lusignian was his name.

Can't download, it gives me this error:

Repository moved temporarily to
'http://sorry.google.com/sorry/?continue=http://dev1257.googlecode.com/svn/trunk';
please relocate

:cry:

Just try again. A few people seem to have these issues especially when they download it for the first time. But after a few more tries or whatever they did it suddenly worked.

Hi there, my game again and again crashes in battle
i tried everything from lowering graphic settings to increasing virtual memory but still ctd in middle of battle
and it is strange because my fps is never lover than 50 and tried custom battle with 400 soldier on high settings and no crash, i played huge battles as novgorod vs sweden/teutons on campaign map

So I've noticed that there is some kind of issue at Chetmno castle (Poland).  I guess there is a control mesh to keep the defenders from advancing too far, but it's in a lousy spot:
1znn11c.jpg

Where the pile of guys are is as far as the defenders can go. I don't know how to fix it. I think it should be at least the whole of the inner courtyard, if not the whole castle.

Finally this mod is back, i hope you'll get rid from all the annoying bugs or ctd, that don't let player enjoy fully this mod :grin:
in my case, it's when looking at the inventory after the bandits battle, ctd ..
anyway, wish you good luck DrTomas and all the others

There should be a screen that tells vassals of the Teutonic Order to recruit the knights of this order in the HRE castles. The real problem is that the normal retrobannum pedes are turned into baltic villagers (baltische Dorfbewohner) in all HRE villages, which is quite funny, if you know the HRE. Better keep the retrobannum pedes and get rid of the balts in all of the HRE. This isn't a gamebreaking problem, it just makes me laugh.

Would it be possible to recruit them in Taverns at historical correct Towns/Castles like the Varangian Guards or Genose Crossbowman?
And if possible only as a Lord of the Crusader State?

Back
Top Bottom