The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sotuu said:
tomas could u add big red text to first post that svn won't work if the game is in program files.

that would prevent lots of unnecessary posts that the svn doesn't work  :wink:

Or add something like this instead. That'll fix the problem, rather than work around it:

PerXX said:
For future references, you could just give yourself Full Control to the Program Files folder.
That'll also fix it for any other programs that might have the same issue.
To give yourself Full Control, do the following (Assuming that you're using Windows 7:

* Right click the Program Files folder, and select Properties
* Click the Security tab
* Click the Edit button
* Click the Add button
* Type your login name, and click Check Name. It should change the name to YourComputerName\YourLoginName and become underlined.
* Click OK
* Highlight your login name in the list
* Tick the Allow field for Full Control
* Click OK until all windows are closed again.

Is there any way to garrison troops that you have?  I want to be able to change to composition of my army for different tasks.  Large field battles need more infantry, seige tower battles more archers, intercept works well with calvary.... Any way to do this now?  Do I have to dismiss the components I dont need, and just reenlist and retrain replacements from lances later?

please someone help me!!
where i can download latest version of 1275 AD mod..
sorry if this is stupid question but i dont see link for latest version?

Hello!

Just had one question. Is it normal that the world map-, travel- music also plays in battles? I remember that the "ambient" clips were played in earlier versions what did make the battles more atmospheric.
Do only I have this problem or is this because of the newer versions of the mod?

Would be very gratefull for an answer.

PS: 1257ad is one of the best Warband mods I've ever played so far. Keep on the good work! :grin:

PPS: Sorry for my bad English  :cry:

if u have newest version of warband it might be from that.

atm 1257ad supports 1143 if I've understood it right

Just had one question. Is it normal that the world map-, travel- music also plays in battles? I remember that the "ambient" clips were played in earlier versions what did make the battles more atmospheric

If you have the steam version it auto upgrades in to 1.151.
A lot of people have sound problems with the update.

I seem to not be able to find any companions to recruit in taverns. When asked, bar keepers tell me their location and whether  I send a messenger or go directly to the town (used teleport) there are no companions (messenger message pops up saying they have arrived and returned to specified cities). I have tried this on both recruitment systems, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, thanks.

To recruit companions you need to own a fief (village, castle or town, no matter).
Then go to your fief, choose the options "invite local nobles to a hunt", and you will be telported to a new scene where you will be able to recruit 6 companion based on your fief's culture.

So the companions you used to be able to recruit in taverns and are still advertised as being in certain towns are no longer in the game?

No, there's a new companion system. You can also recruit only 6 of them unless you own fiefs in different areas.

Also, this should help. It's what I've found about the characters and based on their starting stats.

Simon: Trader
John: Medic
Henry: Trainer
Peter: Engineer

I'm not sure about Joseph, as I haven't recruited him.

Oh thanks, how unfortunate about the loss, I liked having a mixed culture group of Lords to have an interesting army in large battles, but if the mods goal is realism I suppose it makes sense.

Just a little tip in case you run M&B on linux, with wine.

Use your package manager to install subversion (SVN). On ubuntu and other debian-like, if you don't know how to do it graphically, just open a terminal and type this:
Code:
sudo apt-get install subversion

When it's completed, again in the terminal type:
Code:
svn co http://code.google.com/p/dev1257/source/list 1257ad

This will create a new directory: "1257ad" that you will have to put into your Modules folder. You're done! :smile:

Sotuu said:
if u have newest version of warband it might be from that.

atm 1257ad supports 1143 if I've understood it right
sifis172 said:
Just had one question. Is it normal that the world map-, travel- music also plays in battles? I remember that the "ambient" clips were played in earlier versions what did make the battles more atmospheric

If you have the steam version it auto upgrades in to 1.151.
A lot of people have sound problems with the update.

Thank you for your fast responses, but my warband Version is 1.143 (and without steam)

Music is probably my doing, I don't remember why but I did it for some reason. I think It had something to do for the ambiance playing too long after the battle on the campaign map as well.

Scotterius said:
Is there any way to garrison troops that you have?  I want to be able to change to composition of my army for different tasks.  Large field battles need more infantry, seige tower battles more archers, intercept works well with calvary.... Any way to do this now?  Do I have to dismiss the components I dont need, and just reenlist and retrain replacements from lances later?

It's the whole idea to simulate the feudal system. In a very simple fashion off-course, but getting the real thing would probably be impossible. The idea is that you could call your vassals to war for ~40 days or so. After that they usually would went home, or you had in some way keep them interested in all this. That's why you can't put them into a garrison and keep them there.

DrTomas said:
Music is probably my doing, I don't remember why but I did it for some reason. I think It had something to do for the ambiance playing too long after the battle on the campaign map as well.

Thanks for your fast response to this matter DrTomas! Already thought that only I have this problem...

Hi Dr Tomas!
I've been playing this mod for quite some time now and it is constantly getting better and better.  :grin: I really like the realistic approach.
However... in the last version 90 suddenly all the companions have disappeared?! I cant find any of them and even when i have sent for one via the tavern keeper they don't show! There is a message that "Joseph is waiting for you in Gdansk" but he is not there and when I go to the character list the name does not appear in the list at all.
What happened to the companions?

Mollberg said:
Hi Dr Tomas!
I've been playing this mod for quite some time now and it is constantly getting better and better.  :grin: I really like the realistic approach.
However... in the last version 90 suddenly all the companions have disappeared?! I cant find any of them and even when i have sent for one via the tavern keeper they don't show! There is a message that "Joseph is waiting for you in Gdansk" but he is not there and when I go to the character list the name does not appear in the list at all.
What happened to the companions?

This happened: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,222045.0.html

Companions are recruited from a fief now.

Back
Top Bottom