The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

oroboros said:
Well, by 096beta I guess you mean the version that's printed on the starting screen in the game or some such? Currently, the latest revision is rev90, look here if you don't know which revision is the most up to date http://code.google.com/p/dev1257/source/list?num=25. This means, if you successfully followed the 'complete idiots installation guide' for the Tortoise SVN, then just go into your modules folder, right klick on dev1257 and do an update and you'll have the latest version. But be careful, a new game is required upon updating to rev90.

well i guess i should have read your post first , I updated it and know when i try and load up saved game is says runtime error , sad because i had a great game going was just getting good, is  there any way to revert to the other version? when i updated it it only download like 5 files , if i uninstall  and reinstall with updating it would that work? like i said i only download the first version like 3 weeks ago ,

How much should rents be for castles, im ONLY getting 2151 from PemBROKE castle is this the normal amount for rent from a castle? I notice that not only castles but towns aswell have low rent compared to native is this right?

EDIT: Prosperity is rich.

Verland said:
well i guess i should have read your post first , I updated it and know when i try and load up saved game is says runtime error , sad because i had a great game going was just getting good, is  there any way to revert to the other version? when i updated it it only download like 5 files , if i uninstall  and reinstall with updating it would that work? like i said i only download the first version like 3 weeks ago ,

If you want to revert back:

right click on the dev1257 folder for svn menu --> select update to revision --> enter the revision number, in your case it should be 89

jcoom41 said:
How much should rents be for castles, im ONLY getting 2151 from PemBROKE castle is this the normal amount for rent from a castle? I notice that not only castles but towns aswell have low rent compared to native is this right?

EDIT: Prosperity is rich.

Maybe the village belonging to Pembroke has been looted recently? Or maybe the village itself is very poor. The income of the castle is directly connected to its village. The max. income for villages is 2,600 and for castles it's 2,600 but the castle normally get's ~ double the income, so it can theoretically go up to 5,200 max. Income for towns is max. 10,000. So, income in general should be higher than compared to Native. I usually got around 2,000 for a village and ~4,000 for castles if everything was fine, with a high relationship with the village. Towns I think it was something around 7,500 if everything was fine.

oroboros said:
Maybe the village belonging to Pembroke has been looted recently?

The village belonging to Pembroke castle is actually looted. Thank you for the reply.

May be it was already discussed, but I can't find:
Usually the battle in the field with the lords is splitted in two parts. First one is normal, you fight with them, you defeat them and when you expect to get the loot, you receive the screen with battle continuation with very small amount of enemis. Sometimes it is 1500x3. And you have to go with all your army kill this 3 peoples additionally. I think this peoples survive in first battle from their lords skill First Aid. If to tweak this skill to 0 for all lords we will not have such problems in future.

alekskoles said:
May be it was already discussed, but I can't find:
Usually the battle in the field with the lords is splitted in two parts. First one is normal, you fight with them, you defeat them and when you expect to get the loot, you receive the screen with battle continuation with very small amount of enemis. Sometimes it is 1500x3. And you have to go with all your army kill this 3 peoples additionally. I think this peoples survive in first battle from their lords skill First Aid. If to tweak this skill to 0 for all lords we will not have such problems in future.

Yes, I get the same. I've observed it and it is not due to some skill of the lord, this few survivors are routed soldiers who then will appear in the next round. But sometimes the enemy lords accompany them, too. If you fight for instance Altan Ordyn Uls you will recognize that in the "2nd wave" there are a lot more people, as routing on horseback is easier than routing on foot.

As oroboros just said, i noticed it too fighting the Mamluk that have lots of cavalry.
Routed enemies should not be in a new wave, they shoud be in a "routed army" party after the battle is over.

Or there could be an option in camp menu settings where you can disable routing... (is there already something like that?).

oroboros said:
But sometimes the enemy lords accompany them, too.
Thats why I still think it is from first aid skill. If sombody can test it with some editor: met the lord in the field, save game, change his First Aid to 0, then load and fight several times and wright the result here. Unfortunately I have not familiar with editing and can offer the way only :oops:

alekskoles said:
Thats why I still think it is from first aid skill. If sombody can test it with some editor: met the lord in the field, save game, change his First Aid to 0, then load and fight several times and wright the result here. Unfortunately I have not familiar with editing and can offer the way only :oops:

Yeah, I'll do that when I am home from work, some 4-5 hours from now. I'll look them up in the editor if they have first aid skill at all, and if they have it I'll fight them. Have to update to rev90 anyway. Still, I don't think it has something to do with first aid but something with the 99 reinforcement waves. I've encountered the same odd behaviour in any other mods that use the same/similar reinforcement wave system, like Brytenwalda for instance, or if I've tweaked some other mods so that there were more than the usual 2 or 3 reinforcement waves in field battles. Also, if I boosted the battle size up to 300-500 people I had similar results.

I played other mods with increased battle size and number of reinforcement waves, but this never happened before, so i don't think it is connected with them.
I don't remember this thing in Native, maybe a new script is causing it? Like alekskole, I'm not familiar with scripting/coding/editing, so I'm just guessing :wink:.

oroboros said:
I'll look them up in the editor if they have first aid skill at all
Thanks, even if we will get negative result, this will be some action to find correct path. Can you check also surgery skill. May be this survivals supposed to be killed but rise from lords surgery. I think it concerned to some lords skill, because yesterday I had the oportunity to fight with 120 bandits, checked 5 times and have not such problem. Later fight with lord with 50 peoples only and have this **** again and again. Thats why I post it here.

Oh, all these bugs gives me a headache. I'm not sure why some of the lords are left out or return to health after the battle for another encounter. To tell the truth, I'm not really sure where to even begin debugging. I just leave it there and I hope it goes away eventually on it's own :eek:.

We can try and remove the surgery skill from the lords and see if that helps in the next revision.

this routing has been there since othr  :wink: its annoying but atleast I dont have to chase those bastards back to town  :mrgreen:

The Test

I fought a battle as merc for the Crusaders against 2 lords of the Mamlukes. Before I started a new game I gave all the Mamluke lords 0 in surgery, the only medical skill the lords have some skills in (they have no first aid and no wound treatment). All lords in dev1257 have something between 1 and 5 surgery (didn't check all but maybe around 100 of them and all had some skills in surgery).

1) first wave

We were 169 fighting against 322 of them.

The losses of the enemy in the 'first wave' were as follows:

--> 297 killed
--> 17 wounded - 2 of them were the lords, 15 soldiers
--> 8 routed enemies - 7 archers and 1 horseman

So the 'first wave' ended.

2) second wave

In the 'second wave' there were the following numbers facing me

-> 10 enemies - 7 archers, 1 horseman, 2 lords

I rode up to them and killed them all on myself (which I always do with wave2 people, my personal fun, but only if there are less than 20 of them).

After that, the battle ended and I could take the above mentioned 15 wounded enemy soldiers (17 wounded - 2 lords = 15) for prisoners.

So, as it seems it's the routed guys, nothing to do with anything else. And yes, it is in the game since othr changed the reinforcement waves to unlimited, or 99 waves.

oroboros said:
So, as it seems it's the routed guys, nothing to do with anything else.
Thanks for your kind test, now we knows that my idea is wrong. :cry: Starting brainstorming. What the lords parties has different with simple bandits parties? Shold be some item that not allow routed guys act the same with routed bandits. They escape from field, but not route from battle.
The only reason I can suggest is high lords group morale. Kindly ask You to reduce lords party morale and test again (If You still interest it)

alekskoles said:
Thanks for your kind test, now we knows that my idea is wrong. :cry: Starting brainstorming. What the lords parties has different with simple bandits parties? Shold be some item that not allow routed guys act the same with routed bandits. They escape from field, but not route from battle.
The only reason I can suggest is high lords group morale. Kindly ask You to reduce lords party morale and test again (If You still interest it)

Uh, I can tweak the player's morale but I don't know how the values for the AI morale are working and can only guess in which part of the script they are calculated. I think this can hardly, if at all, be done without the Python module. But as my guess is, the changes lie in count_casualties_and_adjust_morale -1 in scripts.txt, this part of the scripts.txt is different from the Native one, concerning morale but I'm not sure if that what's in there has anything to do with the problem. I thought that bandit parties have not the same behaviour as lords armies because they all spawn in one wave as there are rarely more than 100 of them together in one/several groups. I'll try to find some lord with a smaller party, which fits into 1 wave, fight him and let some of his soldiers escape and look what the outcome is.

oroboros said:
I'll try to find some lord with a smaller party, which fits into 1 wave, fight him and let some of his soldiers escape and look what the outcome is.
You will have the same 2nd wave. I wrote above that I had a fight with lord and his 50 peoples without any rainforsments. The outcome - 2nd wave with 5 or 6 routers. My battlesize is 400 peoples, so in regular battles 1x1 - all enemies on the field. And abt 75% percents of fighting has such problems.

oroboros said:
Verland said:

If you want to revert back:

right click on the dev1257 folder for svn menu --> select update to revision --> enter the revision number, in your case it should be 89

Thanks did it but still getting "runtime error" when i try a load saved game  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom