The new Steam Achievements are not allowed if you have any mods enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

You filthy vandals. Can't you see that this game is ludic perfection as it is? If Chess, Go, Othello, Backgammon and Monopoly had a 5-way polyamorous relationship that resulted in a baby, that baby would be named Bannerlord. Perfection to the fifth power. How dare you soil it with ... ugh... mods

Isn't that standard? Crusader King's achievents could only be achieved in Single Player Ironman with a bunch of other rules, including not playing offline.

I am editing to add that even Skyrim has achievements off when using mods (with mods out to get around it)

This is the dumbest thing to be mad at. It takes away from the real issues.

Last edited:
Oh no god forbid that someone makes it easier to unlock some made up achievement. :ohdear:
By your logic if a person goes to a wiki, or reddit thread, or watches a YTer to get all the unlocks that must be cheating too because it's making it easier. :roll:

Dude spin it how you like but there are four kind of mods:

- mods that improve the mechanics of the game
- mods that add features to the game
- mods that overhaul the game
- mods that dumb down the game to make it less challenging.

If you have an issue with the word cheating call it "dumbed down" or "console friendly"

In any case, your capacity to gain the same achievements will be easier compared to someone else.

Isn't that standard? Crusader King's achievents could only be achieved in Single Player Ironman with a bunch of other rules, including not playing offline.

I am editing to add that even Skyrim has achievements off when using mods (with mods out to get around it)

It's annoying with Crusader Kings and Stellaris, too. There's no reason to do it. I could maybe see doing it I guess for mods that remove features or dumb them down so completely it would make achievement farming easy, but it doesn't do that. It just blanket bans all forms of modifications in order get achievements.

It's not even like achievements are money or anything. Who cares if someone modded their game and got achievements that way? In what way does that hurt developers or other players? 😅

Dude spin it how you like but there are four kind of mods:

- mods that improve the mechanics of the game
- mods that add features to the game
- mods that overhaul the game
- mods that dumb down the game to make it less challenging.

If you have an issue with the word cheating call it "dumbed down" or "console friendly"

In any case, your capacity to gain the same achievements will be easier compared to someone else.
It's a single player game, there's no competition between people. Those achievements are some made up metric. I'm not sure why it bothers anyone that someone else gets achievements easier in a sp video game. In the end there are mods that take care of it anyway so it's irrelevant.

It's annoying with Crusader Kings and Stellaris, too. There's no reason to do it. I could maybe see doing it I guess for mods that remove features or dumb them down so completely it would make achievement farming easy, but it doesn't do that. It just blanket bans all forms of modifications in order get achievements.

It's not even like achievements are money or anything. Who cares if someone modded their game and got achievements that way? In what way does that hurt developers or other players? 😅
I dont care either way about achievements. I find it odd that an industry standard thing gets pointed out as a problem with the game. It feels like people in these forums just want to be upset.

Just make a mod that unlocks them all and it's all good, right?

People are only mad about it because the game is a mod platform for most players who bother posting on forums or making videos, while games like Crusader Kings are fleshed out even without mods (well at least after you download about $50 worth of DLC on a steam sale).

People are only mad about it because the game is a mod platform for most players who bother posting on forums or making videos, while games like Crusader Kings are fleshed out even without mods (well at least after you download about $50 worth of DLC on a steam sale).
Getting mad about stupid stuff only dilutes the message. It makes everyone look like babies.
The worst part of the achievements is that you have to slog through the ****ing "story" to get them all
The people here are funny. Of course there's an achievent for finishing the game. Are achievements that important?

I dont care either way about achievements. I find it odd that an industry standard thing gets pointed out as a problem with the game. It feels like people in these forums just want to be upset.

Just make a mod that unlocks them all and it's all good, right?

I don't at the end of the day either, just curious why it's become a standard in the first place. It doesn't hurt a soul to allow people achievements even in a modded environment.

And mods, sure, but it shouldn't be a thing in the first place.

Ahaaa, now I get it! Only for Campaign Mode. That's why my purchase of 100 butter pots didn't make a difference in Sandbox. I wouldn't touch Campaign with 10ft pole 😄...but I have 3 trading cards. Some interested in trading for real butter?

Back
Top Bottom