The New, "Naval Warfare," Patch

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the new patch and all, but to be honest, they could have added at least one unit/faction?
And/or cannons to the big ships (the ones that actually move), along with a crow's nest, some ladders or ropes for boarding actions, perhaps even a plank for some silly pirate moments and heck, maybe even a rudder (Since a tiller on an enormous ship looks pretty silly). Imagine the epic naval battles!  :shock:
Again, I appreciate the new stuff that the devs have added, but overall, this is essentially the standard ships and some units remodeled with pirate gibberish.
I guess I expected more...  :roll:

Yes I agree with TS this patch added nothing new except reskinns.

fierymastermind said:
I like the new patch and all, but to be honest, they could have added at least one unit/faction?
And/or cannons to the big ships (the ones that actually move), along with a crow's nest, some ladders or ropes for boarding actions, perhaps even a plank for some silly pirate moments and heck, maybe even a rudder (Since a tiller on an enormous ship looks pretty silly). Imagine the epic naval battles!  :shock:
Again, I appreciate the new stuff that the devs have added, but overall, this is essentially the standard ships and some units remodeled with pirate gibberish.
I guess I expected more...  :roll:

What? Please don't tell me you say this while you haven't even played the patch?

Ra'Jiska said:
No, it also added a lot of bugs, crashs et you can't play commander battle.

Vincenzo said:
Melee  speed should be set to medium at all times.

Good news everyone!

Taleworlds found what is causing the crash.

When you join a server and someone is reloading, you get a "is reloading" message from the server, but in some cases you do not have the Weapon he is holding received yet from the server, which is causing the crash.
It was introduced because of a bugfix taleworlds did for the reload animation speed when switching from melee to firingmode.

Taleworlds will fix this bug in the binary and prepare for a 1.158 patch release.

I will keep you updated.

The hussars for Britain was a really good addition in my opinion. THe Bavarians look cool but weren't needed that much. Furthermore they took away the musketoons from Dragoons so that is ****ing great news or what?
I am a bit sad they didn't fix Double X but I guess the input came too late. Apart from that good patch I don't understand all the complaining about it.

biggun34 said:
Is it true that the boats move now as I swear they were static objects when the first announcement was made???
I'm pretty sure they didn't say that because before the patch we had boats that didn't move anyway

Blitzer said:
biggun34 said:
Is it true that the boats move now as I swear they were static objects when the first announcement was made???
I'm pretty sure they didn't say that because before the patch we had boats that didn't move anyway

Before the patch was released we had one moveable boat, which was used on several maps. So I'm not sure where you are on about.

The moveable small boat has been in since release, but now I guess you can say there is a medium and large boat. The medium one moves the large does not. As far as the British hussars go as Hadhod said a great addition as Britain's cavalry was missing that extra something!

At this point I gues you could indeed say that we have one big ship - not moveable. one medium ship - moveable. and six different small boats all moveable.

gokiller said:
At this point I gues you could indeed say that we have one big ship - not moveable. one medium ship - moveable. and six different small boats all moveable.
Albiet that in large events none of them work correctly.  :roll:

gokiller said:
Viktor 90th said:
gokiller said:
As in?
In a siege event with the new ships, they performed worse then the "old" ones.
being that people are more prone to falling from the back.
At one point, a regiment of fifteen didn't manage to bring more then five to shore;and that is without getting shot at.

Viktor 90th said:
gokiller said:
Viktor 90th said:
gokiller said:
As in?
At one point, a regiment of fifteen didn't manage to bring more then five to shore;and that is without getting shot at.

And tell me, how many people where in the event? And did you play on a proper Server? (as in what were the pings)?

The coding teams are working on other projects which has been talked about in a previous reply, I'm guessing they have had a less experienced team or a smaller team working on this patch. I agree, the boats are bugged as hell, I recently wanted to train arty on Commander battle with a friend which didn't happen either. Overall the new class of 'Ship Crew' feels unrealistic because they can be used on land as well, although that argument is flawed because they can be disabled.

You can argue many things but ultimately you can still use the older models of boats even if only on older updates of maps and you can disable the use of ship crew. I like how the U's has been added to.

Taleworlds, I wish you the best of luck on your new project and for all of you haters out there I leave you to think about this.
"If you remove the man who gives you lemons then there shall be no man to give you bread nor water." -T_Muller

gokiller said:
Viktor 90th said:
gokiller said:
Viktor 90th said:
gokiller said:
As in?

And tell me, how many people where in the event? And did you play on a proper Server? (as in what were the pings)?
Max, 200 slots.
proper server, with only 25% CPU usage, i believe

Back
Top Bottom