The New, "Naval Warfare," Patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Porn4Khorne

Recruit
I would just like to know exactly how long the developers of Mount & Blade Napoleonic Wars actually worked on this new patch. I think it was about 68.4 MB. They added two new units for naval combat for each faction. How about the ships, they look nice and pretty, that's it. They don't even have cannons, 3rd rate mod developers could do that. Seriously, why even bother releasing this? You just up scaled the rowboat and put masts on them. You didn't even make large ships, just some schooners. This patch, it is a joke. It pissed me off enough to actually make a negative feedback post on a forum.
 
The ships with cannons on it are avaible on the new siege maps.
The patch isnt bad, I was waiting for this tbh.
Better a small patch with less new things than no patch at all.
And I think the developers have more work to do with another project than NW.
 
Mirco2011 said:
The ships with cannons on it are avaible on the new siege maps.
The patch isnt bad, I was waiting for this tbh.
Better a small patch with less new things than no patch at all.
And I think the developers have more work to do with another project than NW.

I haven't seen them, but I will look, and if that is the case, then I apologize for not looking hard enough. That would be my fault. But I still feel there needs to be more content added than what they just put it. It's not enough, and there should be full on naval battles, not just ships floating around an island.
 
Deofuta said:
I, for one, also decry the developers for making free content.

I would have at least charged two dollars per new unit.
Quite.

But it wouldn't of murdered them in their sleep to make the ship hit detection and loading capabilities less infuriating.
 
Not enough? Please. Next time you make the patch alright? :wink: Let's see how far you get.

Seriously though, don't forget once more, this aint their piority, they are working on their own game.
 
gokiller said:
Not enough? Please. Next time you make the patch alright? :wink: Let's see how far you get.

Seriously though, don't forget once more, this aint their piority, they are working on their own game.

It's been the underlying opinion that NW never was a priority.

...Badum tsh.
 
Porn4Khorne said:
Mirco2011 said:
The ships with cannons on it are avaible on the new siege maps.
The patch isnt bad, I was waiting for this tbh.
Better a small patch with less new things than no patch at all.
And I think the developers have more work to do with another project than NW.

I haven't seen them, but I will look, and if that is the case, then I apologize for not looking hard enough. That would be my fault. But I still feel there needs to be more content added than what they just put it. It's not enough, and there should be full on naval battles, not just ships floating around an island.
There is more I think, not sure if I saw it right.
I think the British guys got Husars, and also some new maps + the added units and ships.
But really, the point that this is no DLC, free patch instead, is worth more than enough if you ask me. :wink:
 
Deofuta said:
I would have at least charged two dollars per new unit.

It won't have been possible since as you showed us on PF, you can get Python code since it's not compiled.
Napoleonic Wars is made as a module, so you could have simply removed the protection code and you would have been able to get the units. Even if they wanted to having made not free, I wouldn't have been possible.

Thanks anyway to devs for the patch.
 
Back
Top Bottom