The new map is not good enough in terms of graphics and texture, and it is not beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

The new map is not good enough in terms of graphics and texture, and it is not beautiful.
2015 Map ( The Beast ) ?
map.jpg

2020 Map ?
1585773465_1.jpg

If I was to guess I would say the old one, while looking nicer, probably required more system resources to run and would slow down the game. But that's just a guess because TW has never said why.

2015 Map ( The Beast ) ?
map.jpg

2020 Map ?
1585773465_1.jpg

Are you sure some of this isn't your graphics settings? I've seen other people post map pics that look pretty good but your bottom pic looks like a box of smashed assholes.

Are you sure some of this isn't your graphics settings? I've seen other people post map pics that look pretty good but your bottom pic looks like a box of smashed assholes.
First of all the shadows are on static only option, believe me, i can relate... It looks like sht and i've been craving for my map to look better by enabling some shadows here and there but it straight up sucks tbh.
Game on its bigger settings are very cool ngl and i would love to see my map like that

2015 Map ( The Beast ) ?

2020 Map ?

2015 map kinda looks like the normal m&b map just with more assets here and there
Also, goddamn the UI looks awful

I 100% agree. I wish they would at least release the old map to the modding community. It looks so much more realistic and true to Warband than the current map.

If I was to guess I would say the old one, while looking nicer, probably required more system resources to run and would slow down the game. But that's just a guess because TW has never said why.
If that would be the truth then that would be a good statement if they ever planned to release 5 years ago.
Seeing how much time has gone since, even a super high demanding game in 2015 is almost nothing nowadays.

We discussed this in the Turkish forum today. Calling the current Campaign map "not beautiful" is not fair imo.
Yes, perhaps you want dark-themed map. However, details and amount of work put into the current campaign map isn't something you can ignore just like that.

Here are some screenshots that I took today to disprove that claim.
IuxPb.jpg
QpUlT.jpg

You can even see a lot of details when you zoom in to models
64JMX.jpg

Also, let's compare it with 2015's map
blog12_west.jpg
uE2By.jpg

or

FV92T.jpg

I think it's obvious that which one has more details in it and which one looks more realistic.

Furthermore, this one is from the same year.
Looking-south-east-from-vlandia.jpg

You can see that the entire map is almost flat without any height difference apart from random mountains. Current map has more elevated areas which create more immersive campaign map by showing the cultures how they should be like. ( Battanians on high ground, Khuzaits on steppe etc) The current map also has not just texture but also vegetation type difference as well - different types of trees on different regions etc.

Also, I'm leaving this map image with ridiculously simple icons for those claim that old icons were better and more detailed
Overland-map-siege.jpg

As you can see from images, it's also really dependent when are you looking at your map ( i.e, summer night time is different than winter evening )

We discussed this in the Turkish forum today. Calling the current Campaign map "not beautiful" is not fair imo.
Yes, perhaps you want dark-themed map. However, details and amount of work put into the current campaign map isn't something you can ignore just like that.

IuxPb.jpg
QpUlT.jpg

64JMX.jpg

blog12_west.jpg
uE2By.jpg

or

FV92T.jpg

I think it's obvious that which one has more details in it and which one looks more realistic.

You can see that the entire map is almost flat without any height difference apart from random mountains. Current map has more elevated areas which create more immersive campaign map by showing the cultures how they should be like. ( Battanians on high ground, Khuzaits on steppe etc) The current map also has not just texture but also vegetation type difference as well - different types of trees on different regions etc.

Also, I'm leaving this map image with ridiculously simple icons for those claim that old icons were better and more detailed
Overland-map-siege.jpg

As you can see from images, it's also really dependent when are you looking at your map ( i.e, summer night time is different than winter evening )
Why the guy on the icon image look like a vampire lol

I think the main thing is the colour of the grassland. Practically everywhere on the current map has that sort of arid washed out lime green look, there are slight variations on certain spots but not much. I actually find it a bit unpleasant to look at because it's so bright. The old map looks more earthy. It would be nice if it differed depending on the spot.

You probably like the dark theme more and the buildings look a little bit more detailed other than that, 2020 textures are probably objectively better. In 2015, they probably made it with the Warband engine that's why it looks like Warbands map. I think 2020 is much better, though I can agree on the colors. In 2020 it's just so bright, textures and layouts are better though. I also prefer a "dark theme" but the 2020 map is much more beautiful and much more detailed. I'm pretty sure a mediocre 3D designer can prepare the 2015 map in like a day if you give them the assets. But 2020 map is full of little details that you don't notice unless you really zoom in

IuxPb.jpg
QpUlT.jpg

64JMX.jpg

blog12_west.jpg
uE2By.jpg

or

FV92T.jpg

Overland-map-siege.jpg

Idk in my opinion the old one is better. Yes the new one is more detailed but to me it feels way too over the top, like a fantasy world map. In my opinion the old one is simpler but more elegant. I personally would like it if Taleworlds would simply release the old map for those of us who prefer it, so that we could try to make a mod using the old one.

Idk in my opinion the old one is better. Yes the new one is more detailed but to me it feels way too over the top, like a fantasy world map. In my opinion the old one is simpler but more elegant. I personally would like it if Taleworlds would simply release the old map for those of us who prefer it, so that we could try to make a mod using the old one.

Well, now that the mod tools are out (the first batch, at least...) people are already making new world maps. So it shouldn't be hard to just re-create it.

Back
Top Bottom